Bank in EC tunnel.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NeoSpring, Jul 14, 2021.

1. NeoSpring Journeyman

Why not put one in there? :D then it would REALLY be a hub zone!
    KarmaKitty, Skuz and Puffel like this.
  2. Elskidor Augur

Just put an early entrance to Bazaar there and call it a day.
    Piznut, Appren, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bazaar from launch would be awesome.
    Appren, Skuz, Karreck and 1 other person like this.
  4. SleezerGeezer Elder

Banker in tunnel would be great. Bazaar at launch would be horrible.
  5. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Just push the bazaar then add a clickie item from a start quest in each home city.
    Buy X from general merchant
    Buy X from armor
    Buy X from weapon.

Quest complete
    Reward: McQuads bag of Blunders
    Teleports you to bazaar.

All those poor farmer would have to actually play their toon

Or could just make an AA available when origin is /shrug not as fun though.
  6. Atomos Augur

EC Tunnel should just be made its own zone, with a bank and Bazaar functionality as well as it being a "passive" zone where buffs do not lose duration. Add some other NPCs like the Augment vendor, reagent vendor, food/drink vendor for convenience.

The amount of people I've come across who say they absolutely will not deal with auction spam is quite high. Many of the people who are into it are actually using automated software to post their auctions continually so they don't even need to be at the computer, and can receive alerts via mobile when they get a tell.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Febb Augur

Commonlands needs to be flagged for pvp. We'll resolve trade disputes the old fashion way.
  8. Rauven Augur

I believe it is fine as it is. It is one of those classic experiences you get to experience. And its done during the trilogy era where there's not a terrible amount of options to the point where it is bewildering.

By the way, the Commonlands tunnel is a player construct. A hub created by the players themselves. If it is too inconvenient, then move it.
  9. Cainen Augur

I would LOVE the bazaar in classic, add a translocator in the tunnel and another in the bazaar to port you back to shady.

Short of that, a banker on neutral faction would be great.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is inconvenient to have to stay logged in to sell stuff, the off line trader for the bazaar is a quality of life thing and allows players to actually play rather than hang around trying to sell their wares.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

And yet they added a parcel vendor there.
    oldkracow and Skuz like this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Isn't that just due to the nobles vendors being parcel vendors and being at all LDoN camps?
    Zanarnar and Gnothappening like this.
  13. RABKkehhalla Elder

Why would there be a bank in the desert?
  14. Febb Augur

Everyone should probably setup up their traders in the middle of West Karana. We need a more remote spot to do trading.
    Nymm likes this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

By all means, put traders in the middle of a zone full of bandits. Makes perfect sense lore-wise.
  16. Atomos Augur

That very few people want. People do it because they basically have to. It's an old outdated function that no longer exists in ANY game because it's a time sink, when compared to the updated alternative. Same reason corpse runs no longer exist, tons of rare spawns have had their spawn timers reduced, parceling, class EXP penalties being removed, coin having no weight, and many more. Because the game is better for it.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I don't really mind tunnelquest, but I'm curious why you think bazaar at launch would be horrible?
  18. Zanarnar Augur

EC tunnel is the worst part about TLP servers. Just make the bazaar part of the base game and move on. If you wanna play the nostalgia card, use the Bazaar 1.0 until luclin drops, then switch it over to 2.0
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's money in them deserts.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Yinla likes this.
  20. SleezerGeezer Elder

You don't know that. You can't prove that. The EC tunnel is absolutely part of the nostalgia for classic. I think the parcel NPCs are an acceptable compromise, and I feel the same about adding a banker, but adding Bazaar on day one goes too far. The game already favors professional farmers too much as it is. A bazaar is just laying out the welcome mat for them.