Third Box For Necro Bard Team

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cacafuego, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Cacafuego Journeyman

I have a L 115 Necro and a 115 Bard. My preferred hunting method, to date has been root rotting with my Bard singing regen and healing songs. I am considering adding a 3rd box to this team and I would be keenly interested in your thoughts on what would be your choice in a 3rd box and your rationale why.
    Thanks in advance for your ideas. Very much appreciated.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you are planning to stick with root rotting a second Necro
    If you want a bit more flexibility add a Shaman
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Root rotting is beneath a necro / bard team. It's like using an accounting degree to maximize your welfare.

Good options include another necro, shaman, druid and mage. An SK would change your paradigm the most but would also open the game up the most.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I agree with Skuz on a necro and shaman, but I'd also consider an enchanter. IOG is supreme for casters.
  5. Marton Augur

Second necro would work nicely.

If you don't mind putting in some work, SK would be a good choice for your duo too. Like Tucoh said, having a real tank allows you to do more in game.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

As a 115 nec with a druid & bard I would suggest druid...they have dots for root rotting if you like that low stress xp grind, a great fire debuff as well as ports & extra regen. Also, if you decide you want to pet tank the druid can be a pretty decent healer throwing in some nukes or dots.
    FWIW I mainly root rot as I find it to be more mana efficient even with 50k AA.
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

If Cacafuego is aggressively root rotting for maximum XP the bard is a good box as managing mana with the spell changes is a chore. My manabar is constantly hurting (I use a carefully selected mana efficient spell lineup) and if I'm going all out on a lesson burn I'm struggling even with using all my AA mana discs. The bard regen is very helpful.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Dumb Q: what's the stacking like for bard mana regen for necros? Is it just vhal sera? Does the aura stack with the song? I never really optimized mana regen for a necro.
  9. Szilent Augur

bard mana regen for rk3 songs is:
    Pulse of Vhal`Sera 196/tick
    Chorus of Vhal`Sera 183/tick
    Zburator's Lively Crescendo 5510 mana every 45s= ~734 mana/tick
    and, if one cares not for the bard's resources, Composite Psalm 3655 mana per minute= 365 mana/tick

do not use the aura for mana regen. not even "for the memes"
    qsnoopyjr likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Chorus doesn't stack with lich though, right? And pulse / aura does? I haven't used aura in a long time.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Stacks just fine its a song
  12. Tucoh Augur

13. Chaosflux Augur

1 item 1 spell 1 song 1AA can all have same effect in same slot for SPA15

Lucy stacking conflicts only keeps track of spa slot, so you need to know stacking rules and what the effects you are comparing are to really dial in whether a thing does or does not stack as an aside.
    Tucoh likes this.