Overseer Recruit Quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokki, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

So I've been playing Overseer everyday since release on 2 accounts. Both accounts got a recruit quest the first day after the tutorial but since then I've only got 1 recruit quest on the one account and like 3 or 4 on the other account. Are these quests supposed to be that rare?

I'm finding it hard to get the higher lvl agents for the higher lvl quests without any recruit quests showing up day after day. I check the quest rotation every time it refreshes for any recruit quests first but day after day I'm disappointed to not find any.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Unlucky? I see them regularly. Yesterday I had 2 active, with Recruitment skill at 3.6 or so.

You can also win agents on critical successes, of course.
  3. Nightops Augur

I don't know if there is a trick to this or not. But I just started playing this past week and both accounts were given the option of choosing a city to recruit (kaladim, akanon, felwith, kelathin, maybe another?). One account chose one city task to complete and the other city options went away while the other account was given the choice, completed and the other starting cities remained and the account was able to complete all of the city recruits. I don't know if i chose a different option with the rewards as it was my first time through and I didn't know much at the time. The difference between the two accounts now has become huge (2 rares, 8+ uncommon, and maybe 20 more common agents) when both accounts started at the same time.

As for the general recruit tasks, I haven't been playing long enough to know their amount of appearance. The time involved for them is usually higher 24 or 48 hours from what i have seen. However, I spend station cash to speed them up. this seems to bring a recruit task around again after 1 complete quest rotation without any.

The other thing that has been extremely helpful is getting critical success which gives an extra agent in the reward. I would suggest forming a very large common agent base population so you can get many options to get the success % up. The account with all of the recruits has had 19 out of 71 crit successes while the other account has less then half that amount. I can only speak from seeing the one account doing well, so I do not know if a higher success % actually does matter when determining a critical success. But it does seem to help if you can get the number over 91% imo.
  4. Baldur Augur

They are rare, I've been running it across 7 all access accounts and anyone saying they aren't rare is lucky.

The best I ever had was 5 out of the 7 had a recruit, and that was crazy lucky, usually it's 0-2 accounts that get 1 recruit quest, usually 0. You can get unlucky and get a rare or elite recruit one and not have the agents to go on it. But you can never get more than 1 recruit quest every 12 hours.

If you don't buy agents from the store it is going to take a very long time to get a bunch of elite agents, years probably. Since agents don't ever go away though I'm guessing this was by design?
  5. Whulfgar Augur

I've only typically seen on 12 accounts usually 4 of them on average.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

I havent been keeping track, but I have about the same number of agents across my accounts even though they seen to have gotten a different number of common recruit quests. It feels like when I get a run of crit success and extra agents, I see less recruit quests.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I usually get a recruit mission every 2-3 days on average across 3 accounts. Either a handful of commons/uncommons or a single Rare.

To be honest I think the majority of my agents come from Critical Successes, though now that I've said that I'm sure it'll be nerfed.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

It's pretty random and sorta rare from what I've seen across 4 toons.
    But all 4 have had a few of them.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

They are rare. And, yes, you get more agents from crit success hands down.

I've been focusing on 6h quests to maximize crit successes. Seems to be working well.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have 7 accounts in total. 3 paid and 4 free. I do all of them at the same rate, minus of course the free are 3 instead of 5 missions.

I have one of my accounts, the free one, that is just bangin. It got recruits early and then because of the rewards always has enough heroes to do more recruits. Meanwhile my paid account, my primary one, is struggling. I have gotten almost no recruits and when I do I don't have a ! hero available to actually do it.

Now I'm having an additional issue on one of my accounts that the recruit tasks I am getting are not the uncommon ones anymore. I am getting blue and purple recruit tasks for specific hereos but I dont have a hero to do these tasks.

It's random, and sometimes quite unfavorable when starting.
  11. Baldur Augur

The disparity between the recruit quests is not great as well.

The common recruit workers/travelers/fighters is about the best, it's easy to do and gives you around 5 commons. The single recruit uncommon ones are terrible, only 1 uncommon? I'd rather have the common ones because 1 uncommon is equal to 3 commons and those common ones give at least 5.

I did get an uncommon recruit workers that gave 3 uncommons and I crit'd and got 4, so that was crazy good.

I've also seen elite and rare ones that I can never go on.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Instead of the specific agent recruitments, they need to change it to recruit specific types, like "Recruit Uncomon Mechant(2)" or "Recruit Rare Soldier(3)".

I couldn't give a flip less about which agent it is as long as it meets the requirements of the quests.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'm on day 3 of having zero capable agents on a new heroic. Recruit_________ missions are broken, I have literally ZERO agents for missions. I can't even attempt them. On the regular missions, I'm struggling to find anything even over 75%=80%, much anything near a critical success (over 90%)

It feels like they nerfed it to force sales in the store. I remembered this being more fun and approachable.

This is just rude.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

We have double digit accounts in the family and have never seen it like this- There have always been recruit missions that were at least doable, and usually 1-2 per cycle we could target a critical one for an agent.

This time around, we get recruitment missions every time they rotate and zero agents even will show for them and all other missions are restricted seemingly to under 85% or less. We carefully checked each mission with our "full roster" of agents from the tutorial bit.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Not anymore. We can't get any quests with a win percentile anywhere near crit. We are at an 80-85% maximum since starting and even though we get recruit missions, we click the agent icon and nothing happens. Zero qualified agents.

They're sold in the store, "of course".
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Joules my experience playing Overseer is very different from yours. Even at the beginning, I was able to start Level 1 quests with the initial pack of Common/Uncommon agents and achieve chances of 90-96%. I have never done a quest that is less then 82% chance (once or twice) and typically it's 87-92% chance. I focused entirely on 6 hr quests (Plunder, etc) for maximum quest completion rate. I built my portfolio of agents almost entirely based on critical success rewards for the first 2-3 months after launch.

I have all the agents for a while now and all of them were gained via critical successes (with the exception of Fippy of course). Yes I have done many Recruit quests but by those times, I was recruiting an agent I already had via criticals and subsequent conversions. The last new agent I got via conversion was Tunare.

Even with all the agents, some few quests have requirements that cannot be met properly and these quests have been bugged in other forum threads. If you are attempting Level 2+ Recruitment quests with low grade agents, then I suggest you shift to simply completing any quests with about a 90% success rate. The reward you care about is more agents, not the other rewards. At least not yet.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It really doesn't matter whether the rest of us are having problems or not, the OP is, but we also can't help him without more info. We need screenshots of his agent list and some of the quests he can't do to understand. A screenshot of his Overseer levels would be good too.

That's all moot though, niente commented on hi thread in the bug report forum. All he has to do is post his server and character name in that thread and an actual dev will look into it.
    Stymie and Velisaris_MS like this.