Image in PoP locked w/ Mischief loot rule server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by papercut, Jul 11, 2021.

1. papercut New Member

Imagine* a PoP locked server w/ Mischief loot rules. (can't edit the thread title)

Wouldn't that be fun? we'd get to experience a lot of various chars with an end of the grind in sight at what a lot of people consider the most convenient expansion that removed a lot of the unnecessary time sink. Lots of end game raid targets.. I personally think this would be very fun, refreshing and give long term hardcore and casual subscribers a non-burnout path to play.

It would welcome late players by being able to twink up in the Bazaar, it would take that hurtful solo experience down a notch.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

Hate it. Why would you want to be stuck in pop forever again. It would also just kill Agnarr.
  3. Demetri Augur

Insert <HAHA> Reaction from me if-when they're added.
  4. bardybard Augur

No that sounds terrible
    Demetri and code-zero like this.
  5. Thez69 Elder

man cant tell if this is a troll or not

sign of a good troll if so
  6. Febb Augur

An expansion locked server only works for a small casual crowd that has a limited playtime and even then once they max their mains out and alts, they get bored and move onto the next server. These TLP servers have a short shelf life regardless of what ruleset it has. New and shiny servers release and people start over.

This is the death cycle of TLP servers. The population drops, all grouping is done at the high end of levels and there is no low level game anymore. Eventually the server becomes guild centric and PUG grouping becomes extinct, grouping is done within guilds. Once the population drops enough, guilds start merging until the family guilds dig in and refuse to merge with other guilds which kills the guild and the rest of the server long term.

Is it a game design problem? Yes and no. I could write a damn book on this subject.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  7. Atomos Augur

It seems pretty obvious that for the most part, for Everquest at least, servers locked at a particular expansion are not well received.
  8. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

This would be a good idea for a pvp server. Give everyone something to do once your toons are maxxed out.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

No more pop locked server ever IMO, unless they explicitly said that it will 100% merge into Agnarr. If anything it would help agnarr in the long run, but hurt them in the short run.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

Agnarr will always welcome you. Any content outside PoTime and some parts of PoP are usually up and fair game, also AoCs, so no need for a FV ruleset when there isn't competition and you can strole up to whatever content you desire for the loot you want.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Haven't we learned from previous experience that people do not want a locked server.
  12. jeskola pheerie

What would be the point of mischief loot rules on a locked server? Once you buy all your Time gear, what do you do?
  13. Elskidor Augur

Agnarr is enough. I am wondering if transfers off Agnarr to Mischief are going to be a thing come GoD though. I would not mind snatching a character to move beyond PoP with the Mischief server.

No more time locked in a specific era forever though.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

I doubt it, you have not been able to transfer off Agnarr to any server in GoD yet. If anything I could see them opening transfers to Mangler as they are far enough away from PoP that the gear/AA/plat etc would be less impactful to the destination server and even that is doubtful.
  15. Thez69 Elder

yea i would have liked to take my agnarr boys to mangler in gates or omens etc but it never happened

that said its probably easier/faster to start fresh and get caught up on a server than you think, even easier on mischief/thornblade ruleset
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  16. Marden_JM New Member

What makes Agnarr work is precisely the lack of Free Trade.

I can work on a character (goofing around when I have time to play) with no pressure to keep up with anyone or anything. When that character is finally able to raid and gets pretty well decked out? I can make another and try a different class/role. This is what keeps Agnarr going.

If Free Trade was allowed, Elemental and Time gear would eventually flood the market, making the raiding itself pointless. Then your server dies.
  17. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Be cool if they cycled a TLP server from classic to PoP and it would reset everyone to Level 1 at the end of PoP but any character that has a quarm kill that cycle would have stats/dmg increased by a small % each time