How to make LDoN more popular.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Xeris Augur

Eh, I can 5box normal ldons and win the missions in 10-15 minutes each pretty consistently. It's incredibly fast depending on your group makeup. I've maxed the charm on 6 characters on Agnarr.

It'd be nice if LDON group missions were released with Luclin, and the raids unlocked at POP. Top end augmented ldon group gear is equivalent to good VT fear/mid tier POP raid gear. It'd be nice to unlock that in Luclin to expand what people are doing for XP and gear progression.

Either way, it's weird because if I played on a non Agnarr server I'd probably not bother with LDON as the time investment to max your charm and raid enough to get all the augs you want isn't worth. I'd just replace the items in a few months in subsequent expansions.
  2. Rauven Augur

Which is about 5-8 hours of doing missions. How long on a normal TLP server does it take to get a FBSS to drop? Just remember that only one person is getting the item when it drops like that. Whereas everyone in the group in LDON is getting points they can spend.
  3. Brumski Augur

10x may be overkill, but 3x-5x is not unreasonable. LDON was a great concept to address the non-raiding player base, but missed the mark big time in what should be a reasonable time investment to get a set of good gear from it.
  4. Machen New Member

The gear is not terribly hard to come by. These days, the hard mode higher point versions are about the same level of difficulty that the easy ones used to be. Points accumulate quickly. The charm aug is another matter... But it's one aug, and no one needs it to be 100%.
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Don't you tell me how to live my life!
    Machen likes this.
  6. Montag Augur

It really isn't though. This content is a complete slog with total garbage exp rates.

Oh and exp rates in LDoNs should be massively improved too.
  7. Cainen Augur

Everyone is talking about the points, and in my opinion, like on who's line, The points DON'T matter. You'll get more then enough points working on the charm aug, which is best in slot for something like 6+ expansions. Its nuts.

IMO they should replace the # of runs needed for charm stats, with # of points earned in each camp, that way people are incentivized to run harder/more rewarding missions. As it stands now, you're incentivized to run the lowest level/easiest mission possible since the number of missions is all that matters.

If you're only after a few augs, or even a lot of augs for your tank and weapon sets, you'll have to fun a few dozen missions, easy to do over 4 weeks. If you're after the charm, you have to run 300+ missions and points stop mattering after the first hundred or so.

If you're running ldons for gear, you're no playing on mischief cause NONE of the ldon gear will be better then what you can buy for a few thousand pp but the time ldon arrives.

I would LOVE for raids to count towards the aug as well, maybe 3-5 runs per raid towards the aug, so that raiders can make progress too.
  8. Machen New Member

Considering that two other servers are about to hit ldon within the next two weeks, I don't think this thread is really directed at Mischief players.
  9. Cainen Augur

Fair enough, but if I recall even elemental is FAR better then LDON group gear and should be farmable with 2 groups in DZs rather easily.
  10. Demetri Augur

From my memory, LDoN assuming you max vendor aug them - it actually is better - remember, they've got 3 aug slots to utilize.

I remember initially by abusing the Type 3 slot (which they nerfed off of BiC in the years since) with BiC it could be WILDLY better than Elemental, perhaps even Qvic - been too long since I did that nonsense to remember if I was Qvic yet or not at the time.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

What about making points account bound so you can spend them on gear for alts etc?

IIRC about the only things you can do that with atm are the spells
  12. Rauven Augur

This should already be the case for Mischief and Thornblade. That is if they're copying most of the tags from FV.
    Demetri likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

I haven't mathed it exactly but I think a fully augmented ldon vendor item is equal to AHR loot, possibly similar to elemental level loot
    Demetri likes this.
  14. Corydon Augur

Rarely read such nonsense.
  15. Quik Augur

This would go a LONG ways to making it more popular. Just give us a reason to go in other then the aug slog. Give us good xp so we want to get AA xp in there...or even lvl alts.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  16. Stymie Pendragon

I was talking about when the content was new. At the time I was doing good to get 3-4 runs per session. This meant it took about 5 sessions, or a week in my case, to buy one piece of gear. I didn't have a dedicated group so I know it could have been done much faster if I did.