Suspended for Reporting a GM

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhythar Augur

I was advised by one of the forum moderators to discuss concerns about specific GMs with Customer Service in private via petition, so I filed a petition. And I immediately got suspended.

Some GM also keeps marking the ticket as solved anonymously.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t have much to say, but I find it hilarious that the GMs ignore you. Ron Swanson would be proud.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

What did the gym do that you reported them in the first place? Sounds like some one needs their nerd powers revoked.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I feel like the suspension may be related to why you initially had an interaction with the GM?
  5. Rhythar Augur

The gym let 1 person and his 9 dogs use all 10 treadmills.
  6. Rhythar Augur

Probably, though I doubt I would have been suspended today if I hadn't contacted CS about a GM.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

You’d think after all these years I’d get used to autocorrect.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Rhythar Augur

Haha sorry I didn't even realize. I thought you were using an analogy. To give you a straight answer, the GM has been intentionally letting players break the server rules for at least 6 months.
  9. magikarp Elder

waiting patiently for the other 90% of this story
  10. Rhythar Augur

It's not that big of a story. It's about Aradune's 2-box rule. I really want it enforced, but the GMs are still not doing so. I posted about it on the forums, but the community manager locked my most recent post and suggested filing a petition about a specific GM instead. I did that, and I got an instant suspension.

They're calling it "abuse of support personnel".
    Leerah likes this.
  11. magikarp Elder

well since it's already done, and this thread will be locked any moment, could you mayhaps share the petition you sent?

would be helpful to decide if it was warranted or you are indeed the subject of foul abuse of authority
  12. Rhythar Augur

This was my petition. The names have been censored.

GM * Letting People Cheat

I've been filing petitions against people breaking the 2-box rule for about 6 months, and this whole time GM * has been letting people break that rule. It doesn't matter how obvious the cheating is, how much evidence I provide, or how much time he is given. He will keep letting people cheat.

And, it's not just the 2-box rule. * will let people automate, train, organize afk gameplay, warp, and disrupt zones, as long as the player in question is boxing over the 2 character limit.

Here are some of the players I know he has allowed to cheat:

??? (reported jan 14)
    - 6-boxing

??? (reported jan 14)
    - 10-boxing
    - automation
    - afk gameplay

??? (reported jan 15)
    - 60-boxing
    - automation
    - warping

??? (reported jan 15)
    - 8-boxing
    - automation
    - afk gameplay

??? (reported jan 15)
    - 6-boxing

??? (reported jan 27)
    - 12-boxing
    - automation
    - training

??? (reported jan 30)
    - 60-boxing
    - automation
    - warping

??? (reported mar 9)
    - 6-boxing

??? (reported apr 1)
    - 6-boxing
    - training

??? (reported apr 1)
    - 6-boxing
    - training

??? (reported apr 1)
    - 10-boxing
    - automation
    - afk gameplay

??? (apr 9)
    - 11-boxing
    - automation
    - afk gameplay
    - training

??? (reported jun 12)
    - 6-boxing

??? (reported jun 12)
    - 6-boxing

??? (reported jul 4)
    - 10-boxing
    - afk gameplay
    - training

I'd like to go a bit more in depth in a handful of these cases:

???
    - This is one of the famous 60+ boxers of Aradune. He was allowed to cheat for a long time until there was a public outcry and action was finally taken. However, the action taken was incomplete. He is cheating right now and is currently the biggest cheater on Aradune. * has made it clear that he will do nothing about this.

???
    - This was a 6-boxer that also dabbled in 11-boxing. He ran power levels in The Deep. He advertised afk gameplay many times every day while he was active. He intentionally trained me twice on video. * let him keep cheating until ??? decided to leave the server of his own accord.

??? and ???
    - These 6 boxers were/are in a guild filled with multiple 6-boxers. They constantly stole raid bosses from legit players. They trained me multiple times. I filed 9 petitions against these players. * is currently letting them cheat. Am I going to have to file a 10th petition? I should only have had to file 1.

???
    - I provided more evidence of this player cheating than any other. But it's never enough for *. He's still letting him cheat.

???
    - I reported this player fairly recently. He's overboxing. Every power leveler in The Deep is. What really stands out though is that this player trained me a dozen times. I got 8 on video. And * is still letting him cheat.

* has no intention of enforcing the server rules. In nearly every petition or update I file, he fraudulently marks it as solved, and the cheaters keep cheating. Other GMs behave similarly, but, from what I can see, he appears to be the ringleader.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Guy, you need to get the hint that they don’t care. Those temp GMs are gone. Stop wasting their time with stuff they don’t care about, Aradune is old news.
  14. Rhythar Augur

I know they don't care, but that's not something that we should be ok with.
  15. Gio1999 Augur

Real talk time - The GM's don't care. All you're doing is annoying the limited staff they do have on a server that no longer matters. The players themselves don't care either. It doesn't bother you that much because you're still paying one way or another.

That's the thing... the complaints don't even mean anything because you just complain and keep playing.
  16. Ketzerei84 Elder

Just stop making a fuss. GMs are in on the fix. I got an account ban on EQ2 for posting video of a bot team farming on their new pvp tlp, with concurrent timestamps from their 'community manager' claiming that he had 'personally investigated the issue and found no botting'. It's a side hustle for them, it's the same reason kronolord RMT is ignored - GMs get kickbacks, or they're the ones running the bots themselves.
    Pictarous and Leerah like this.
  17. Leerah Augur

It looks like it's open season on your server. Sorry.
  18. Captain Video Augur

A lot of players, quite possibly in the thousands of players, left Aradune because the 2-box rule wasn't being enforced. Whether you like it or not, it is still part of that server's ruleset.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.