Seb Key: Foragers and Hunters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I've been taking a slow stroll through Norrath this time on Mischief. Only last night did I go to Trak's Teeth to get my Seb key. I pulled and killed a hunter. Handed out the three medallions to my group. Pulled another hunter, go two, killed them. Lots of key pieces on the corpses. Then I pulled a forager. Killed him and when I tried to had over the Kunzar medallion I got the lore message. Huh? It's the first forager I killed.

Turns out hunters and foragers drop both pieces now. Probably this is just on Mischief and too late for most of you but check those medallions if you are killing hunters and foragers.

I never checked to see if hunters and foragers are considered rares.
    Boze likes this.
  2. Nolrog Augur

We did this the other day. IIRC, they were not flagged as rare.

And I noticed that the hunters we killed dropped both pieces. Three total for each one. Made getting the key super easy.
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They are not flagged as rares, but they share their loot table with one another, similar to Veeshan's Peak key pieces.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That's interesting. They aren't flagged rare and yet they share a loot table.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep. I was going to do the quest just for one character and pass the key around (assuming that works) but with 3 dropping each kill there wasn't any reason not to just do it on all 5 of mine.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

We had 4 to do it on, and yeah we just did it for them all instead of passing the key around. 4 kills and I think we had enough, maybe it was 3.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah. Given this, I'd expect Vex Thal keying to be much less painful on these servers than prior servers. Like slay a few random rockhoppers, get your fungus grove shard anyone? :)
    Accipiter likes this.
  8. Numiko Augur

also found they now occasionally drop 50-54 spells, which makes them a decent farm mob as there are always tons up.
    Niskin likes this.
  9. Numiko Augur

also like that the named rare spawns there now drop loot, just Killed the Dreadlord (level 50 mob) and got 6 bits of loot and a 57 spell
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep, I got 3 spells in 4 kills.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I killed a named chicken that didn't drop anything. But I know next to nothing about Trak's Teeth the cycle mobs, etc.
  12. zleski Augur

Minutes after the expansion opened on Thornblade I zoomed into Trak's Teeth to engage a hunter. I was killstolen, obviously, by some loser whose name I didn't catch.

The next one, however, dropped both for me, and a spare for a guildmate.

Now only if there weren't 100 of each clogging up tracking! :D
  13. Numiko Augur

they call it random loot and it truly seems very random, you can get nothing, a few plats and one bit or enough gear to outfit another alt in three kills of the same named mob.