Enjoying the higher Krono prices?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultrazen Augur

You realize that there are a lot of people who came to this server with 100s of krono banked from being on other TLPs right? Plat, in and of itself, is incredibly easy to farm, especially if you're in a guild that does things like Hate plat raids etc. If you have hundreds of krono banked, it's also very easy to get a very large sum of plat just by selling some of your krono.

Is there a plat dupe? No clue, but the current price of krono on mischief is not at all out of line with where we are on the timeline, or how much raw plat is available in game currently. There are a lot of fairly common drops that sell for 3+kr each, that's 36000 plat in your pocket for one drop. There are also tons of people camping VP keys and selling them for 2kr, people camping epic pieces and selling them for as much as 8 kr.

If it's your focus, you can easily have hundreds of thousands of plat on this server completely legit at this point.
    Lejaun likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes it is.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

And ban them along with all their krono.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

We know that's not going to happen.
    Didn't happen on RF....
    Accipiter likes this.
  5. OpenSource Journeyman

I was wondering why krono prices are so high.
  6. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Is this fixed now or not?
  7. Nire New Member

I know nothing about a plat dupe, but I can confirm that on Mischief it is remarkably easy to get a lot of plat.

I am a real live adult with an adult job, playing casually since a few days past launch. I've made enough plat to buy 8 or 9 Kr so far plus spending 1000's upon 1000's of plat for gear (I have pretty much high tier in every spot).

I have been able to do this with one char who is not good at soloing (a Paladin) so I can imagine how much people who are boxing a group are able to accumulate.
  8. Baulkin Augur

Yeah but the krono price isn't going down.
  9. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Krono prices are not going to go down until they remove the hundreds of millions in plat that it created.

Maybe just bit the bullet and mischief and thornblade and reset ALL plat to 0?
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

100,000,000 of plat / 25k per krono = 4000kr. Unless whoever exploited this plat dupe is showing tremendous restraint I somehow doubt there are hundreds of millions of plat that got created otherwise the price would be waaaaay higher than it is.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Yeah, its fixed. The great plat dupe of 2021 (76% increased rare spawns on servers with already higher rare spawns, putting thousands and thousands of items into the hands of vendors that buy them) is now complete.
  12. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

People who have no idea... thinking they do.
  13. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I'm sure the mega OW guild on the server would totally make stuff up to their guild members about kicking someone for using duplicated plat.

"Hi everyone! In an effort to remain as transparent as possible, the officers wanted to make sure we let everyone know that we received credible evidence that one of our members was using duplicated platinum on raids (despite the trolling, it's not Bobby). We have reached out to the member and let them know their platinum is no longer good in the guild.

If we receive solid evidence that anyone else is involved with the platinum dupe, this is the same stance we will take with any of them."

But there's no dupe plat exploit!
  14. wade_watts Augur

You guys are kidding with this nonsense around 'remove all plat from all players'. The Dev's need to comment and confirm that it was identified and resolved. Then they need to ban/suspend those that were guilty of it and remove the plat / krono from those people and their pocket accounts. They need to let the rest of the players know that it's taken care and addressed to restore balance back to the force.

When the top guild realizes the secret is out and starts throwing forward their sacrificial lamb - acting like they weren't all mostly involved - you can stop pretending that it's just 'normal inflation'.

p.s. - go sell all your KR now for 15K before the prices re-normalize.
  15. bardybard Augur

HOOOODDDLLLLL
  16. Nyvlag Elder

Lol you guys are completely crazy if you think they're going to do a cash correction of any kind.

A couple of burner accounts will get banned. But the PoP era inflation is here to stay, for Mischief. It'll be less of a permanent change for the other servers, but Mischief and Thornblade will have to deal with the fallout from this basically until the Bazaar exists.
  17. TheGoblin Elder

So FXIV just announced they had members bidding with duped plat.

But it isn’t real.

From their discord:

Hi everyone! In an effort to remain as transparent as possible, the officers wanted to make sure we let everyone know that we received credible evidence that one of our members was using duplicated platinum on raids (despite the trolling, it's not Bobby). We have reached out to the member and let them know their platinum is no longer good in the guild.

If we receive solid evidence that anyone else is involved with the platinum dupe, this is the same stance we will take with any of them.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to an officer and we will gladly discuss them with you. #stayblessed
  18. wade_watts Augur

Thanks for posting what was already posted instead of taking a minute to actually read the thread. Valuable contribution.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, that’ll become such a mess. This isn’t only contained to Mischief and TB.
  20. wade_watts Augur

Yeah but nobody really plays on those other servers so it's no big deal.
    Skrab likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.