Enjoying the higher Krono prices?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemerian Elder

Why don't you report it?
  2. raff New Member

Because I don't exploit, nor am I going to do the dupe for the sole purpose of sending in a bug report lol. I'm assuming they will eventually follow-up and delete the excess (un-traded) platinum, or possibly even suspend/ban accounts. I don't want to be a part of that, at all.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep. My wife has off this week. We are just messing around, characters around 40. All the plat was on my character, she wanted to buy spells on her druid, had none, said F it and started porting for plat. A couple hours later she had 2000p. From porting for donations.

We go kill in some zone with fine steel drops, play for 2 hours and walk away with 500p in vendor trash plus named items to sell. It is not that unreasonable to see krono prices jump when kunark class armor drops like crazy and vendors for 200-350p a piece.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you know the mechanics can't you report it w/o actually doing it?
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You made 2500p in 4 hours that’s not going to cause Krono prices to double on a server.
  6. Lejaun Augur

You can.

Sometimes people like to say they know more than they really do.

Here's to Darkpaw reading this thread and banning the cheaters soon.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Cainen Augur

If you know it confirmed you should report the bug. No reason to hope someone else reports it.
  8. Numiko Augur

They perma killed the mail quest guy in Qeynos because people were making 6 golds a run, I do not think if the dev's knew of an active plat dup they would not wait till next patch to fix it, the severs would be brought down instantly.

If you are not reporting what you know to the dev's then you are just as guilty of ruining the economy as the people who are actively using the exploit.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Settle down some of us are just tourists and don’t care about the servers’ economies. No way would I report this kind of stuff.
  10. Fluffles New Member

Krono prices triple in a day and people still don't believe there's a plat dupe?
  11. Lejaun Augur

Have you ever noticed how people tend to react? Look at politics, for example. Any time the words gun control is heard, people go into a panic and buy all the ammunition off of the shelves and whatever guns they can.

People hear "Plat dupe" and they panic and try to buy all the krono that they can, which leads to higher and higher prices as there are far fewer people actually selling krono than those buying.
    Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
  12. Demetri Augur

Want to know another time when that happens? When one actually happens.

Not in a position to say one does or doesn't exist. But the concept of panic-buying is just an alternate potential answer.

Or of course there's door #3 that is that people seeing the raised prices started selling krono more freely to take advantage of the current inflated figures. (There's at least one person that parted with two krono in this situation because of that <--- this guy, since I'm getting ready for my push for SoV tradeskills now)

Or some combination of all three doors.

The fact that panic buying can (and does) occur in some systems, doesn't evidence anything - it's just an alternate possibility.

However, some oddities I saw in-game (not market wise) with folks doing heavy krono buying going LD a ton today and never popping back in does give me some pause when it comes to the Door #1 theory. Could just be a weird oddity that means nothing, could be part of them trying to force the dupe or something, could be GMs kicking them offline to investigate or ban, etc - but it does certainly look and well weird in light of the rumormill here.
  13. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm

FIRE, FIRE, there's a FIRE.

Why don't you call the fire department.

I'm *hoping* someone has actually submitted a 9-1-1 call.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Thornblade a krono was only 7k 2 days ago. About 100-200pp a day roughly. Has that changed?
  15. TheGoblin Elder

People are WTB Krono on TB now at 11.5 and selling at 12-14
  16. Nicorus Elder

Last time we had a big play dupe was due to transfers from Ragefire and lockjaw and those servers saw similar spikes in prices while the dupe was active. It seems likely that there is a dupe now too
  17. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

I think it's fixed now, but im not risking my account to test it. Unfortunately without a rollback, which will not happen, too much has exchanged hands at this point to remove it all. Well, its just a bit sped up inflation anyways
  18. Lejaun Augur

So the mysterious plat dupe that no one knows about except from a friend of a friend is suddenly fixed? Nice. The devs really earned their money on solving that phantom.

Meanwhile, my plat duping scheme has been going great and undetected. I'll share it with you, though. I start a group, go adventuring in Seb or Chardok, and I come out with 2-10k worth of trash items to vendor and or decent drops to take to the tunnel every day. It's still a total mystery why there is so much plat available on the servers though...
    Lineater likes this.
  19. Lineater Augur

Someone nailed it with "EQanon" lol.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this mysterious plat dupe was discovered during the same week that a massive XP bonus + rare spawn bonus attracted a huge flock of players on a server with already increased rare spawns that can drop up to 5x more items.
    Lejaun likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The Norrath stimulus is over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.