Achievement Points....what are they good for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stephen51, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Stephen51 Augur

Apparently - absolutely nothing!

How about we get 1hme and 1 ac every 10 achievement points? Maybe throw in some mana/endurance regen/spell damage/heal amount every 100 points?
  2. Nolrog Augur

Edwin Starr has the answer for that.
    Fanra, Tatanka and Stephen51 like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Eye to eye Contact?

(yes I know you meant another song but this is my favourite by him)
    Stephen51 likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's so players can measure a certain virtual body part against other players and claim theirs is bigger.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s to get players to do inane content that wouldn’t normally do. Adding a checklist of activities gives people a quantifiable metric of game completion outside of the usual copy and paste progression. Also, it utilizes the content created to maximum efficiency.
  6. Cicelee Augur

The next expansion will have a super augment similar to Artisan Prize, only it will be based off of your achievement score. That is why it is important to keep up with it so you can be ready when that time comes.
    Coagagin and Skuz like this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Achievement Points
    , huh
    What is it good for?
    Nothing
    Achievement Points, huh
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing, say it again
    Achievement Points, huh, good god
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Achievements points should be good for a reward I agree...however they were a diabolical mastermind creation whoever thought of them. Everquest is a game (like many MMOs) that caters to people who are, frankly, OCD. It is a spectacular check-the-box mechanism that gives completionists something to work on even in old zones...yet another subgame to become addicted to that takes a LONG TIME to progress.

As a check the box type myself, I do like going to old zones that I never visited, or spent much time in, to mess around on the achievements. Each zone has a lore to it which adds flavor although the new xpacs don't seem as strong in lore as older ones.

My only complaint is some of the absolutely brutal camps...Field of Bone is my nemesis. I've spent years there (without success) trying to spawn a rare mob that must have a respawn rate just above zero.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Achievement points are the same as "liking" a post in this forum. ;) (unless your clicking like on the first post on a bug).. pretty much useless.

They were touted to be something you could compare with your friends and competitions to beat said friends.

However, the Hero's Journey is very helpful as far as where you left off or what you can/need to do.

I think it will be nice to have another long, drawn out quest to keep players busy
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Deux nailed it. Some of you aren't OCD and it is showing. Don't you see the box? Don't you see it's supposed to have a checkmark in it? Don't you see that IT CLEARLY DOES NOT HAVE A CHECKMARK IN IT?!

Why don't you want the checkbox to have a checkmark in it? Are you some kind of anarchist?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Damn, I had to look that one up. I know the song but forgot who did it.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have a lot of achievement points on several characters. I don't really feel the need for any great recognition of it. I enjoyed earning them. They helped spur me to see more of the EQ world. They weren't all great fun to get, but I am glad I did the work for them. For me, that is enough.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ironically, the ones I most enjoy (other than the ones which have rewards, of course) are the ones which just happen, and it surprises me when they pop up. Mostly this tends to be slayer achievements, or exploration achievements when I get to a zone I haven't been to in a very long time, which cracks me up, because I HAVE been there before, but prior to there being an achievement for it ;)
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

They could make a merchant that has nifty, but not game-breaking, items that unlock as you reach certain AP levels.

Have the merchant start off selling some food/drink items and maybe a hat ornament or something. Then, as you gain a certain amount of AP, a new item (or group of items) unlocks. Maybe things similar to items on the loyalty and/or Overseer merchants. Make the items super expensive, say 1K plat per food item, just to suck some more plat out of the economy.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

LOL. Nice. Not the one I had in mind though.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That;s how I see them, they are a good way to get people to see places they maybe didn't see, I will admit I even saw a few new parts of familiar zones doing PoP Hunter for the Evolving Gloves from TBL and I thought I was quite well-travelled in PoP.

Me too, though I did make a point of finishing up the last few Slayers just for the pure vanity of having "the Destroyer of Worlds" as my suffix.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They should unlock more Dragons Horde capacity; so you have a place to put the misc one-time-only rewards.
    Velisaris_MS and Ssdar like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Current achievements are nice to see what is available, adding achievements to old content not so nice. I have a dislike for going back and doing things I've previously done in era, but didn't get a check mark as there were no such thing as achievements then.

Achievements are as worthless as the badges you got on the forums
    cadres and Moege like this.
  19. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Maybe every certain amount you should get overseer merchant points.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

What are achievements... :rolleyes:
    Sissruukk likes this.