Mischief:Phinny- Mage water staff

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eangel, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Eangel Elder

Was there a reason that other epic parts for other classes are dropping off random mobs, but staff is only dropping off phinny? Other than the kronolords, not sure who is enjoying the lack of staves.
  2. Cainen Augur

Phinny is not random because there are no other raidmobs near his level. Hold true for his other drops as well.(Backbone and wizzy staff). At least the mage staff is tradeable. Wizzy and Bard are not =(
  3. Eangel Elder

14 Krono for one right now, might as well be no drop.
  4. Cainen Augur

Personally I'd be 100% ok with phinny joining the Hate/fear minis. Most minis are harder then phiny.
    wade_watts and Eangel like this.
  5. Nyvlag Elder

I think the other potential solution would simply be to increase his drop rate slightly. Where other mobs can drop 2 or 3 different loot tables on one kill, Phinny always just drops his standard quality and quantity of loot.

If they don't want to add his stuff to other mobs, which I understand, then maybe just making him perform a little more like a Mischief raid mob would be enough?
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Baldur Augur

We got a Robe of the Kedge off of Drusella Sathir. I guess that's from it dropping off of the rogue epic mobs in Kithicor?
  7. Nyvlag Elder

Yup
  8. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, mage water staff is super suck now vs. all the other epic items. Seems like they should just add it to the hate mini list.

I think part of the problem is the short amount of time spent in classic. Some of these items that had months of farming time in prior TLP's were condensed into a couple weeks of pre-epic farming. the prices will start relaxing considerably in the next week as everyone single/double groups phinny.
    Eangel likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

This mob also has its own aoc that pops you right on his door step.

That's pretty good. They could double his loot then put you at the zone in and that would be 100x worse.
    Hdizzle and Skuz like this.
  10. Mrjon3s Augur

I mean he’s not hard to kill. Just get a group and kill him.
  11. Eangel Elder

I don't think anyone here said anything about him being hard to kill. It's more the horrid drop rates.
  12. Eangel Elder

Not really hard to get to phinny from the entrance. Def not 100X worse.
  13. Phire Journeyman

Yes, Mage Epic has moved to the very top of the list for difficulty because of this. A 12 hour mob shouldn't have a 7 day AoC lockout timer.
    And he seems to be the ONLY one who drops Water staff too.
    Most people probably won't get mage epic until it becomes obsolete.
    It's unfortunate the staff is tradable because it's turned it into a Krono farm spot.
  14. bardybard Augur

Somehow epics were obtained in era on other TLPs before, why would it be different on Mischiefwhy?
  15. TheGoblin Elder

Basically 1 month of classic + not worth it for the big guilds to farm due to non random loot means that it's only killed by box groups who have not lowered the price from 9kr-10kr. They are available to people who want to spend the money, but most mages don't.
  16. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

If that happens you get hate minis/fear golems on Phinnys loot table. Then you have the potential for all their valuable loot dropping off a mezzable 60k hp mob that pops every 6 hours. Not the same tier.
  17. Hdizzle Augur

I would swim through Kedge keep 100 times in a row if I could get his loot with one kill.
  18. Cainen Augur

I mean.... minis in fear are somewhere in the 6-8 hour respawn with about 60k hps, so not that different. Can be 1 grouped easily AND spawn in picks..... so how rare/valuable is the golem loot anyway?

Trak guts and scales are each available off a half dozen of more mobs at this point. Why not staves.
    LachiusTZ likes this.
  19. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Because it would take a competent code monkey 30 minutes.

Which means it would take EQ devs several hundred hours