Phasing Out the Epics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

meanwhile requests nerf for GMM
    ;)
    minimind, Stymie and Yinla like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

I really doubt epics are going anywhere. Even if you successfully argue that they are dead on live (nonsense), they clearly aren’t on TLP. Let EQ2 be EQ2, stop requesting poop from that game be brought over to this game.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

Id rather they make the epic clickies all relevant. Lots of older content is still important, like the DoN progression.
    Mims likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Rogue epic click is still useful.

Druid click effect was turned into an upgraded AA by the same name. Which is more than the other classes got, iirc.

Rogue, Shaman, Cleric, Zerker (?), SK, and Bard epics, at the least, still have useful clicks. None of them have anything worth wearing anymore (sorry necros =(()
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Actually, it's not the same name, it's similar: Season's Wrath, Season's Fury.

And thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't realized that AA is the same functionality as the epic click.

And it's more than the other classes got, because it's the only class who's epic click doesn't have any effect at all at recent (96+) levels.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  6. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Paladin 2.0 is still about as useful as it ever has been. Still gives you a stun proc and makes heals land for the same amount more.

How useful that ever has actually been in practice is a decades old question.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

DP won't do anything on the epics...after 100 threads on the topic I think it's safe to say it is a dead horse
  8. Lemerian Elder

menown likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10. Accipiter Old Timer

Winnowyl likes this.