Invis and ITU

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Grove Augur

In another thread there was discussion about a bard song that renders both Invisibility and Invisibility to Undead. I think it was stated that the song was Bard's first group invisibility song, Shauri's Sonorous Clouding. I had not known this song to produce Invisibility to Undead so I want out to some cute little skeletons who thought I was their enemy with no song. When Shauri's song was on they still saw me. The message differed though.

So, now the important question. What song is it that does double invisibility? Or, is it an AA instead?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's the 3rd rank of the aa (from Raidloot.com):
    Shauri's Sonorous Clouding (3) 110 BRD (RoS) 30 / 48 9s T18 Cast: Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III
    This ability, when activated, triggers Shauri's Deathly Clouding I, Shauri's Levitation, grants all group members within a 100 foot radius standard invisibility, and grants the ability to see standard invisibility for up to 10 minutes.
    Shauri's Deathly Clouding I grants your group invisibility to most undead creatures.
    Shauri's Levitationgrants your group levitation for 10 minutes.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

I am quite grateful that they decoupled the buffs so that you don't plummet to your death if invis drops. I also simply us this AA as my group lev even if I don't need or care about the invis at any particular moment.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

That's amusing, I have the lev part blocked on my toons and will click their own lev if I actually want it.
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

I'm talking my own box group so easier than micromanaging individual levs.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Personally, I don't like the lev bundled in. I don't want to block the buff because sometimes I actually want lev. It's just a pain clicking it off every time. I guess that's the price we pay.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

I absolutely hate being levitated. If someone casts lev on the group, I will stop what I am doing, and click it off me and the 2 boxes. I don't want to block it though, because sometimes it is needed, so I want to be able to use it in those times without having to unblock it. Hate it with a passion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Thash like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Same here. Some people love it. /shrug
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

Give us the option to block others casting it on us. Of course that might not go over well with some boxers who cast it from diff characters. I think it borks up merc healers sometimes as they are on a diff plane( level) as me?? It seems like they wont heal me at times. I get lev off that merc and it seems to straighten up. Could be I am just an idiot though too.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Conq Augur

It's the definitely the merc. Merc's are the Devil.
    Conq
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've not noticed it with merc healers, but I have with tanks and melee mercs. If they have lev, and you lose any altitude after entering the zone, they will stay up higher than you (they never float down to ground level like players), and then won't engage. It's stupid. And, yes, I too click off lev on my mercs.
    BECAUSE THEY DON'T SUPPORT MERC BLOCKED SPELLS!!!! /grumble
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, levitation effects are definitely a no-no with mercs. They're highly sensitive to terrain/elevation and lev will usually completely screw them up.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Now i know why when i join general channel and see the bard channel always seems to be the highest of the chars i log on (wiz, rng, brd and enc with wiz's always being rock bottom). Everyone must have a pocket bard just for this duel invis.

Andarriel
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Bardy McFly Augur

Every box group should have a bard. They probably provide the most variety and depth of utility of any class in the game. Their power is helping every other group member really shine.
    Accipiter likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

I have 3, for various group configurations. =(
  16. Tucoh Augur

Boxers who heavily use follow probably hate it because it breaks follow way more frequently than it helps. Single character players can easily manage it so it's great and coth-using boxers aren't as impacted by it since their boxes get moved by their mage.

Personally I've adapted to boxing with follow and levitate through an arduous set of keybinds and broadcasting that let me manage my boxes altitude and camera. It's a huge pain but let's me be comfortable enough with levitate in areas and fights that need it.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

I love my bard. God bless /melody, double invis, and selos.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Same. I block most forms of it, but normal levitate I leave unblocked so I can click swiftmantle if I want it.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a big part of it, but I also hate it in general. I use it if I'm pulling someplace I can fall off of (Velk's spiders), has lots of water/lava, etc. I think what I hate most about it on the tank is that your distance from a mob is x+y+z axis. If I'm floating above a mob I have to move closer and camera down to stay in melee range. When I must use it I angle down slightly to compensate.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah. This is why I hate levitate on my warrior.

When I'm playing the cleric everything's fine, but the distance thing is an issue on the warrior.
    Accipiter likes this.