What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

The ability to disable right click in the map window setting a find target. If I can see it on the map I can go to it. There is literally zero need for this feature. However, I cant tell you how many times I get turned around using right click navigating around when the cursor gets into the map window.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or just give the option to make the map "click thru" like the quest overlay window.

Better yet, give EVERYTHING the option to be "click thru".
    Laronk likes this.
  3. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I would like text commands to order from Amazon. The amount of times I've been playing and had to stop and tab out to order some expensive crap I dont want but find out later I cant live without it, is ridiculous. Please don't do like you did with the /pizza command. No one wanted Dominos.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, in the other camp of players, some players need that to navigate cause they don't play the way you do.... I do use the right click red X almost every day. That and the search function in the map screen.

It is similar to wanting to look down with your "3"/pg dn key or the others but instead you wind up typing a ton of 333333333333333 in your chat window :D

You just gotta pay attention or hot key "mt"
  5. Abbydog Journeyman

Which is why I said the ability to disable it. If you need it, you can still use it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Arborer Lorekeeper

1. Show proper numerical data on all spells. This is quite inconsistent, for example some damage shields don't give numerical values.

2. See merc stats on gear and NPC.

3. See gear stats when you inspect another player. If that's not desired for PVP, then only effective for the 99% of players not in PVP.

4. Cross-server grouping like in WoW.

5. In Bazaar search window separate "bags" from "containers." You probably all know what I mean. Armor drops from the last several expansions are shown as "containers" and they block listing of most real bags.

6. Raise the limit of 200 items being returned in a Bazaar search---OR at least provide a PROMINENT warning that overflow items from a search are NOT being displayed.

7. Find and eliminate these "mysterious forces" that often interfere with the use of the FIND command!

8. Make it so you can electively turn off the grunting/gasping sound your toon makes when he or she gets hit in battle. I don't want to shut off sound, just I'm tired of my character, with 350K HPs, verbalizing pain when he gets hit for 10 points of damage... it's rather un-warrior-like!
    Dre., Gyurika Godofwar and Stymie like this.
  7. Bronut Augur

Have a bazzar filter that filters collected shinys

More room in fellowship

Collect all button on overseer

Kick to non pvp zone when denied entry to a zone

Make necros best damage come from four spell sets on single mob event... Rewrite the code so necrodots don't take up so many spots... Or add more spots...

Fix the enchanter . Make the resist check online storm much lower and take the refresh off
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Some form of advanced search where I can use the newly brilliant search function more usefully.

Worst case a reverse search (type augment + not an ornament)
    Best case, even though it would not be ideal in a UI, but give us a /search command which resembles an SQL query or something.
    (let the players figure out/pass around queries to use for those that would not be able to figure it out)
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I would like proper 4k support, mainly with UI scaling as an option, please.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Guildmate achievement announce should be a separate filter from guildsay.
  11. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Group versions of Enchanter Illusion Spells
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Getting the Risk versus Reward right for an expansion. I don't think they've ever made an expansion that had a balanced RVR.
  13. Windance Augur

And they never will because the Risk Vs Reward balance is a personal observation.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't that useful of a statement as you don't say what you think is wrong with the current balance. Should they make things harder? Easier?
    Skuz likes this.
  15. GamerGramps Journeyman

Another one...

The ability for a Group Leader to remove his group from a raid.
    It sure would beat the current method of each character disbanding from the raid (and the group) and then having the Group Leader reinvite everyone.
  16. Windance Augur

Make it so your entire group goes to the same pick when you leave a heroic mission.

Just did the ToV heroic missions again and once again get party split ....
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

Temporary level scaling down to a group member's level (EQ2 has this as its "Mentor" system).

This has real potential to bring in new players through friends or to provide help and retain new players that are just getting their feet wet in the game.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

By all means offer a new scale-down system (like the shroud system did) but also offer a scale-up (sidekick) system to boost the lowbie temporarily up to the level cap and see what happens, because I reckon that the scale up will get used almost exclusively and the scale down hardly ever.

People didn't really use the scale down that shrouds offered to help other players.
    Aside from being completely unrewarding for the higher level player, mainly because EQ devs ideologically do not want players of max level characters gaining meaningful XP in old content, not playing your actual character but instead a gimped monster was just really ineffecient, players went right back to powerlevelling as it wasted less of the higher players time messing around in content they had played in for a year+ already getting nothing out of it themselves.

So honestly a scale down system is a complete waste of dev & player time, scale up the lowbies or make powerlevelling easier.
  19. Bardy McFly Augur

I think people hated being a monster without known abilities than they did scaling down. I think the shroud system isn't a good gauge for interest in scaling down for this reason. And if people could just scale up, why level up?
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You would still want to level up to gain access to the achievements, spells, combat abilities and AA your class can get from higher levels.

A scale up system only boosts your existing abilities & skills to be somewhat "useful" it wouldn't grant you any new ones so you would still have a limited "tool-box" to work with and you would not be able to fill any "key role" well you would mostly just be supporting the group as a weak "Sixth Wheel" and the main aim of the scale up is to allow you to survive in the content the high level group are in while you earn XP, it's a crutch not a set of bionic arms & legs. And many achievement rewards would not be granted until your real level was nearer to the era they are from, such as the Heroic AA.

I've played multiple other MMO so my experience is perhaps broader than some.
    I have played in games that had a downward scale (e,g, RIFT) & others with an upward scale (e.g. City of Heroes/Villains), I can tell you from that experience that the upward scale was used vastly more frequently and the downward scale was used a lot less in games where your XP reward wasn't massively lower when scaling down like EQ does.

In EQ the disincentives to scale down - in many ways EQ punishes high level players that are scaling down - makes their time spent doing it almost completely unrewarding in every possible way, that is unlikely to change, shrouding down used to be fairly decent XP still, it was still less than current era content, except for a few edge cases where some figured out how to exploit the system and gain too much so then the devs nerf batted the XP into oblivion, if you think the EQ devs are going to have ANY scale down system that is XP rewarding to a max level player you are daydreaming.

I haven't played ESO recently, they now use a different method where all mobs are level 255 and players are scaled-up to that so all zones are basically accessible to all players regardless of level, but that has its own issues and I don't think it would work for EQ at all.