Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Demetri Augur

First guilds never do that, you do know about corpse summoning in Sky, right? Keys just reduce tedium and plat cost. Sky has only EVER required 1-2 keys to complete if you're willing to go through a TON of tedium. (Which I know well from a past server, a guild of mine had a necro defect from the top guild early on before we'd keyed - and gosh - we got a full sky clear top to bottom first run [may have had a cleric as well - I forget if we had two people come over and/or if there was a Z-Axis rezz spot to use from the first few anymore, been too long)

No idea how many are missing there or not - as I was still busy on Phinigel until recently, but I doubt it's a x3 as many being unrepresented there however to make the 30+ I was disputing remotely accurate though vs the fraction (4-5 Sky, 9 sans Sky) that actually were listed - especially since the fool I was quoting WAS USING THAT CHART FOR MISCHIEF AS HIS SOURCE FOR THE MISCHIEF NUMBER - if it's good enough to provide Mischief numbers, it should be good enough for Aradune, no?

And for Mischief it's at least another 50% or so missing FROM WHAT I PERSONALLY KNOW, and as I've not been watching serverwides much out of general disinterest, there's probably a few more I've not noticed.

But sure, after being on every TLP since the first - General channels spawning higher, picks spawning higher (even with the more aggressive closing code), ad nauseum, versus me playing TLPs in every generation EXCEPT Aradune and Mangler ones for at least 3-6 months, I'm totally not in a place to evaluate that Mischief feels AS lively - if not moreso.
  2. Kahna Augur

This is not actually true. It was true for Phinny, and Agnarr, but by the time Coirnav rolled around the Corpse Summoning spell for that level range was "removed" from the game. By removed, I mean the level needed to cast it was changed to 999 for several years. They only just changed it back right before Mischief went live. So on Coirnav, Mangler, Rizlona and Aradune you had to do things the old fashioned way and key people.
    Stymie and jeskola like this.
  3. Rizlowder New Member

the only true thing youve ever posted
  4. Demetri Augur

Looking back on the forums (since I wasn't on any of those except Coir - and that was brief) - you are correct (although weird they'd reverse for here) that it occurred, but you've got the timeline set too early.

The nerf occurred in April 2019 (unless people took FOREVER to report it on forums, which isn't routine) - Coirnav and Mangler were launched before that - I'd wager this was because of tomfoolery abusing it excessively on Mangler in fact, since it came about roughly a patch after Mangler launched (~1 month).

But yea, apparently Aradune and Rizlona couldn't use 1 set of keys.
  5. Demetri Augur

Yes, I'm sure between your QAnonsense and EQAnonsense everything realistic appears to be fiction to you and you're incapable of grasping sarcasm.

But you do have a history of being overdramatic from day one of this account...
  6. Rizlowder New Member

youre the person that wants us to believe every single guild that ever did sky got 1 set of keys and corpse summoned the remaining raid on their first clear. no guild ive been in on every tlp has done this even when we knew you could. wed do it occasionally to get nonkeyed apps up but never on the first clear
    if you claimed a couple did this on each tlp then sure i can believe that but every single guild?
    qanon much?
  7. trainz Journeyman

I think the raid scene is pretty good on mischief. The guild I’m in cleared all of classic within era. VP the first week and split raids everything else. No real drama, no gdkp bs either. I know there’s 2 other guilds outside of the gdkp Zerg that also are doing work. So I’d say the raid scene isn’t bad in my opinion.
    Demetri likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

I didn't say all first clears did, learn to read - I said those the handful that rush to firsts do. FIRST GUILDS not GUILD FIRSTS, word order matters in the English language, hopefully you're ESL - because if you're a native English speaker, that's pathetic. Typically there was 1 guild per server that would bother. It's rare that more than one does - typically just the first - because the only real benefit is for leaderboard stuff, so once someone else has, why bother sinking thousands of plat in CLASSIC into it. And even then, I do believe I may have seen a few where they DIDN'T bother because it looked like there was no real challenge in being passed - so I may have exaggerated a little. But it certainly was an option that was used QUITE frequently for things like Mage Crown farming even absent of full clears.

Most guilds aren't willing to sink the ridiculous plat costs into it.

So good job on proving to be exactly what I claimed right before. You parse out a handful or words, or events, in some sort of weird vacuum - that seems to marginally support your wild theory and then you just run with it - rather than applying any sort of sanity filter to it.

You don't even seem to recognize that our total number of yellow messages are damn near identical to old servers - which is a solid metric for killing - that better takes into account things like people forming mega-guilds that split excessively because they want to have enormous numbers so that attrition is less painful over time. Ad nauseum.

Per your theory of "number of guilds" being a metric that matters - on a hypothetical server where there's 1.6m players but for some bizarre reason they all join one guild - it would be super low population, because all the kills would appear as a single guild. It's an incredibly flawed metric.
  9. Boogatti Lorekeeper

I don't know what you keep going on about. Your wrong. There's hardly any worthy guilds of note on this server (mischief). It's just one Zerg with greedy leaders per usual.
  10. Rizlowder New Member

youre trying so hard to be right but couldnt be more wrong. claiming the majority of first guilds always corpse summon through is the dumbest claim and still doesnt account for that if guilds could key in 1 run on aradune that there would have been way more that finished in a month.
    number of guilds does matter and so does the amount of players in each guild. its a combination of the two that complete the metric. people have already pointed out that the large zerg guild on mischief isnt even big compared to large guilds on prior tlps. aradune had many guilds larger. so its evident that the lack of guilds isnt a result of everyone joining one guild. its the lack of population.
  11. Demetri Augur

Imagine being too foolish to not understand what you're saying enough to realize you're saying the same things
  12. Demetri Augur

How many firsts for Sky have you been with "pal"? Been part of them on 4 servers myself, either directly or the competition sitting in zone seeing the other guild doing it each time.

Plenty waited until 2-3 runs were out of the way first to make it less being done that way, but there was always a degree of it being used - be it for 2 groups or 8.

Stromm, Combine, Lockjaw and Phinigel all had that influence.

The "big guild" previous to the fracturing is quite substantial, actually. Perhaps Aradune had a few bigger, but I doubt 500+ rosters were typical. And the "zerg guild" as you call it was far behind two others for roster size last I'd seen screencaps of Alt-G of one and constant recruiting spam for the other that includes a count.

Again, count yellow messages of the same eras. I have Phinny logs from the early weeks (which was a VERY healthy server, as it survived til Live). From Day 15-28 there (I was there day 1, but wasn't for Mischief) I see 56 serverwides - same parser for Day 15-28 of my Mischief logs at 102.

Now that said I'm not going through the effort to figure out how playtime of each compared, it may be disparate.

Also of course more and more people are getting wise to how pointless raids are in the early xpacs. Item longevity matters in a TLP. Stressing over an item you'll replace in 3 months (or less) isn't something many consider a practical use of time.

Besides Haste and Epic Items most of the rest of classic raid gear is trash outside of oddities like Shammy Sky Ring.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Mischief has as many players as Mangler, which both have/had more than Aradune. When, given the choice people don’t want to raid. Raiding isn’t very popular among the EQ population. People especially don’t want to lead a raid or guild.

Fact is raiding sucks, and the numbers have always backed that across every MMO.
  14. Boogatti Lorekeeper

I don't think I know one person who plays an mmo and doesn't want to raid but fair enough.
  15. Demetri Augur

EQ Devs have quoted it at being the grand majority don't raid in old posts. No different than how we forum dwellers make up a tiny portion of the whole.

It's abundantly clear when you see the grouping unfriendly expansions hit - i.e. GoD, TBM, TBL - that you see big population dips on TLPs, even though the raid guilds may be handling it in stride.

Believe it or not, most people tend to befriend people like themselves - very few people delve too far out from those that share their interests - so for me too, another raider, I don't often bump into non-raiders either too much, but I do bump into a few. (or more often "too busy to anymores" where they imply they would but RL has a monkeywrench on that idea)
  16. Machen New Member

Are you talking about a dev post from 2001? Because that's about the last time this was true.
  17. Wudahell New Member

I have to agree with Machen. If anything I could see non raiders on love servers but the vast majority of bodies on tlp do raid.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

No.
  19. Machen New Member

We can all see stats on how many raiders there are roughly, looking at progression sites. With a typical tlp having 30+ raid guilds, each with anywhere from 30-500 mains, where are all the casual non raid guilds? I guildstat almost every tag I see, have for years, and at best there is a handful of non raiding guilds on each tlp. I almost never see unguilded players xping outside of the first few weeks. If there are more casual non raiders than there are raiders, where the hell are they all?
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This is the same mindset that’s been around 22+ years.