Pet affinity needs to be apart of the game at level 1

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Goodkitty Augur

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

why?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ehhhh if any pet AA needs to just be in at level 1 its Companion's Discipline Rk1 so petss can be /hold and not freak out over every little thing.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Pfft, you're level 110 and you still can't control Mustardtiger.
    Demetri, TLP Addict and Skuz like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I said why because if you want anything in this game you better be prepared to give a solid explanation why the devs should do it.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah I think every TLP raid leader in classic through velious would agree with this
    Foaming, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Zone in, or go to any spot with no aggro. Pet guard / Pet sit. even if I get aggro while crossing a zone, I've made zoneline before pet gets to mobs, dies and loses those buffs.

I do think they should have long ago added a quest for a leash.

Also, the premise that I can summon / train a pet to kill for me, but cannot make it stay by my side seems.. far fetched.
  8. Goodkitty Augur

Pet affinity allows for pets to be hit by group buffs and bard songs. It would make it easier for everyone in groups and raids and also give bards more worth pre GoD for pet users
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

You know, I was just sitting around thinking...man pet classes sure are wildly underpowered in classic. I sure wish they would buff them.
  10. Goodkitty Augur

and my post is to "passive benefit" it at character creation
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pet discipline or keep pets on zoning.

You can only choose one.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Because MOTM. If they are going to cripple pets on raids, it would be good to have them able to get buffs. There is zero chance people are going to single cast buffs on them.
    Skuz and Skrab like this.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Humm? they're always part of the game?

oh.. wait.. the game doesn't start at luclin for everyone else?
    /carryon
    //bst in classic
    ///I know, not gonna happen
    ////bringing back slashes
  14. Zinkeh Augur

Having played numerous pet classes from classic through GoD I can fully support this but would add pet hold first before anything. It's ridiculous the way pets work until that AA is unlocked. An Sk cannot pull with a pet, pets agro and freak the hell out when pulling bosses, etc.

Pet hold makes total sense to implement from day 1 of a server. Pet affinity would be nice as heck too as people rarely want to spend mana buffing someone's pet or give them resists resulting in a very fast dead pet.

Support 1000%
    Stymie, Skuz and Demetri like this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

If anything they should make the pet hold AA allow you to turn it off and just lock it on from classic->luclin. Might cut down on afk pet farming if pets need to be told what to do or else they do nothing.
    Demetri likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I agree.
  17. Kobra Augur

Being able to control your pet is part of the skill of playing a pet caster.

Getting buffs for your pet is also your responsibility until they put the aa in.

The clerics and shamans I raid with hit my pet with buffs without me even asking now because they know I want my pet buffed.

I don't understand the obsession with dumbing the game down. Its 20+ years old, if you don't know what to expect by now when you choose your character its on you. Play something easier instead of ruining the integrity of the game for everyone else.
    Hdizzle, Yinla, Machen and 1 other person like this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's Big Mage trying to keep down Rogues.
  19. darkdelusions Lorekeeper

I will take pet hold being base line over pet affinity
  20. Stymie Pendragon

Tell them Large Marge sent you! :)