How to make LDoN more popular.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

DRAMATICALLY increase point awards. Like 10x.

also consider:

Awarding points for raids.

Making all camps share a pool.
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Do those two things, and people will be done with ldon in about 2 days. I don't see how that will make it more popular.
  3. Vulken9 Journeyman

Instant port to adventures for those that have you running 2 zones to get to entrance. Some are just silly.

Reduce the retina burn in EF adventures.

I may be misremembering but some of those LDON raids seemed way too long. They hardly seemed worth it. Dial down the trash mobs in raid a bit.

I agree about shared points.
    Machen, Appren, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

• Move the adventures into the existing task system.
    • Cut the required adventures needed to max the adventures stone in half.
    • Award adventure points for raids.
    • Have raid count towards the adventure stone.
    • Make Adventure points tradable.
    • Reduce the volume of trash in LDoN raids.
    Eviara, Montag, Juskov and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Beating the raids allows you to buy their respective chase augs (DMG augs, AC, Specialization Spell, Pet proc, heroic stats) make them cost a buttload but at least it gives you more options.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Agree with pretty much all the suggestions above.

Camps (themes) sharing a pool is already in place, but you need to have earned enough points in each theme to unlock the items in them and that mechanic should stay.

Bumping up the points/currencies awarded for group content on TLP makes sense purely due to their faster expansion unlock cadence.

I would suggest many of these changes would make sense for DoN too.
    Wyre Wintermute and Elskidor like this.
  7. Elskidor Augur

I'm surprised this isn't already in place. That or lowering the cost required.
  8. Machen New Member

Points aren't an issue. If you're working on the charm aug, you'll run out of things to spend points on in short order.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

If they did this with a separate raid currency, it would give people a reason to do some of the other raids that never get done too.

It would be awesome to not still have to be doing ef ldon every week for warriors all the way into tss.
  10. Mrjon3s Augur

Release revamped VP with Ldon. Make it so raids give points and count for the charm. Let people buy raid items once completed with a lot of points.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Allow raids to count towards charm aug would go a long ways. I'd also love to either buy the raid augs with adventure points or a ldon raid currency. If with adventure points they'd need to be very pricey. 50k or so for the top augs.
    Lanffear likes this.
  12. Montag Augur

People don't do them cause they're too grindy and anyone willing to do them need a different camp than you, so yeah this would make them more popular vs mostly ignored.
  13. Montag Augur

Why should it stay? It's literally the most crippling failure of the current system that prevents just grouping with whom and where you want and makes forming groups a giant nightmare.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You see it as crippling why?

In era set groups existed that ran through each theme one by one to unlock each I see no reason why that would not exist now.
    The only people who will lose out are those who have no friends & they wouldn't have been getting LDoN groups anyway.

Raise the points earned in each successful dungeon run & you also vastly speed up unlocking the themes too & reduce the number of dungeon runs required for each to be unlocked.

This adds a sense of progression and gives a reason to explore each theme fully.

I would also revamp LDoN to give it leaderboards for each mission type.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Make LDON group missions soloable. Getting people to do unpopular themes is like pulling teeth. I'd rather out level and then solo most of it.. that or release it with luclin and not pop. Because by the time it comes out everything but the raids is basically useless other then for completionists.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What they really need to do is stop considering LDoN a stand alone expansion and instead just a part of the base game. Maybe treat it like the hole where it unlocks once Dragons die.

Then everyone 20+ could have a place to grind and slowly accumulate points towards meaningful upgrades . It would also provide a reasonable path from 45-50 that isn’t OoT goblins or the hole.

Same deal with LoY. Just unlock it in classic.

If you did these things these expansions would actually see quite a bit of use and people who missed them when they were current would actually experience them. As it stands on current TLPs by the time they are released everyone is 65 in VT-Time gear and none of the gear is really useful from them.
    Iyacc, Duder and Stymie like this.
  17. Atomos Augur

Make LDON more popular by not counting it as an expansion in the first place. Completely ignore it.

Or this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Personally, I really like LDON. It's a nice addition to the game, gives augments, and instances. Love the ability to get my own zone and we can progress through it at our progress, without worrying about someone jumping our claim, killing our named or whatever. I don't recall the points being a problem to be honest, though more would always be welcome.
    Demetri, Stymie and Yinla like this.
  19. Xanadas Augur

Agree about the points. Any group of 6 who NEED LDON gear, will take weeks just to get enough points to get ONE top-end vendor (1492pts). The effort/reward is very unbalanced. By the time anyone does enough LDONs to get multiple "good" items (assuming they haven't lost their sanity), two more expansions will have unlocked.
    Stymie and Duder like this.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

LDoN is not going to be changed. It actually is really good, the problem is just perception. The answer is to educate the players on how good it is.