Increase plat size in bazaar

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zenless, Jul 2, 2021.

1. zenless Journeyman

Can we please get an update to address the issue with not being able to sell/buy items over 2million plat in the bazaar?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug, and its a integer size limitation, they would have to re-write a whole lot of systems to accommodate it which is a whole lot of work for not much, plenty of people have been asking and they have only said as such.
  3. Knifen Augur

I would prefer everyone sell things for 2mil or less. Easier to fix and I can get more stuff.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As Soulbanshee says, can't be done right now.
    Might be possible after moving to a 64-bit engine, that's going to happen, but not any time soon.
    Even if it were possible with a new engine, there's plenty of reasons for the devs to say no & leave it where it is.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Stymie Pendragon

Everything that uses currency in this game is based on copper. Platinum is actually 1k copper "under the hood" for instance. There is a limit to what a 32 bit game can work with, and without moving to 64 bit they can't increase the max limit.

They even made Nobles as an alternate currency, but you can't buy things directly in the Bazaar with them, from what I remember, which pretty much made them a waste of resources to create in the first place. They also have a tax that makes them even less appealing.
  6. quakedragon Augur

A way around this would be, letting the trader choose what it wants to trade for the item. An advanced trader window.

Say, I'll sell a krono for 12000 blue diamonds.

Could be difficult to code, and question always is, is this the best use of their time?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

U can set up trade as a barter now but I doubt it would go up to that many diamonds. In case this doesn't make sense if you set up in barter you can designate what you will trade for instead of buying for plat
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah, the Nobles would have worked as an additional currency medium.. if there wasn't the upcharge on them. That issue was brought up immediately after getting added to the game. Apparently, part of the merchant interaction code will not allow an item to be bought and sold for the exact same price, and there would need to be major rework to lower the minimum difference. It was asked that the price be set to 100001 plat and the answer was no, based on my previous statement. It was such a waste of dev time. No one wants to lose 10k for each Noble.
    Stymie likes this.
  9. Nobildus Journeyman

I like and +1 the idea of allowing nobles to be used as a currency in place of plat in the bazaar. It would allow artificially higher prices than the system limit and has the added bonus of siphoning excess amounts of plat from the server. I think now the difference is only 2500 instead of the 10000 it used to be but on servers where high plat amounts are the norm they need to be creative in finding ways to lower overall plat levels. If you're going to be buying a krono or other high cost item, you can afford the tax to convert to nobles.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They could’ve just made a work around by making a Noble purchasable from vendor only with no resell, then add in a quest for a Noble turn with a reward equal to the amount it cost the player to buy it. It would’ve been clunky, but functional.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok then allow the selling of a half a krono.
    Im serious quit laughing!
    gdi