Bard slow?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, Jun 30, 2021.

1. superman Augur

Is there anyway to tell what the actual percentage of slow
    It's for our ae slows? The single target ones you can cast on yourself
    And the stat page tells you. I've tried dueling someone but the
    Ae will not land in them. Wondering about the 54 song specifically.
    It says 40 percent on some sites but that's 10 percent more than the single target and that doesn't make sense. Plus the single target info on those same
    Sites is wrong....

Any help?
  2. Cainen Augur

Generally for slows I just go off what allas says and know its not an exact number.

Most slows after Luclin(?) get mitigated anyway so the % are all over. On top of that you're asking about BARDS. Bards are the most confusing, wibbily wobby, focuses do what now, how do we work class in the game. I dont then even the DEVS fully understand how bards do bard things.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Skuz likes this.
  4. Zipe The Healer

hehehe, Zam did a lot of harm there. There is a lot of ppl still thinking that Sloth or Bard 3.0 RoF weapon is like a Tugur's.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

While looking through that I noticed something interesting, According to that list Ancient Lcea's adds more mana regen than Chorus of Marr.

Lcea's

1: Increase Current HP by 23 per tick
    2: Increase Current Mana by 24 per tick

Marr

1: Increase Current HP by 26 per tick
    2: Increase Current Mana by 22 per tick

Considering that Mana is generally considered more important than hp regen does that mean guilds are doing it wrong by running Marr instead of Lcea's?
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Pretty sure it's 40%, while Requiem of Time is 55% and lasts 1 minute base. So depends how active vs AFK you want to be with your Bard I guess.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bard Slows:
    Requiem of Time 55% (unmitigated) - single target
    Energy Sap 35% (unmitigated) - single target (Posessed Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier)
    # Melodic Binding 35% (unmitigated) - PBAE (AC debuff instead of snare)
    Drowsy 25% (unmitigated) - single target (Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier)

Selo's Assonant Strain 40% (unmitigated) - PBAE **will not land on mobs immune to the snare component**
    Largo's Assonant Binding 35% - single target **will not land on mobs immune to the snare component**

Mitigations
    Mostly Successful (multiply slow % by 0.75)
    Partially Successful (multiply slow % by 0.50)
    Slightly Successful (multiply slow % by 0.25)

e.g.
    Melodic binding (slightly successful): 35% x 0.25 = 8.75%
    Requiem of Time (mostly successful): 55% x 0.75 = 41.25%

Base figures, I have no idea if Instrument modifiers affect slows.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  8. Zipe The Healer

So, you Wakk joined the club that think that Energy sap is like Tugurs?!?! heheh
    Energy sap, and the rapier, is 35% slow aka ultra pathetic slow.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not really (Turgur's is 75% unmitigated, Ennui is 25% unmitigated)
    But I will correct, was going from zam not raidloot spell info
  10. Zipe The Healer

jezz, after this many years you still don't know when I am doing an hyperbole.. .of course it isn't like a Tugurs, bro! XD
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm somewhat "hyperbole blind" so apologies for this & past instances of not catching your drift.
  12. superman Augur

Most sources are saying 40%, its what got me originally asking the question, because same sources have the single target slow at 35% and if the stat page in game is showing 30% so either stat page is wrong, or spell data. or maybe it scale and im just not 60. anyway. thanks for all the input!
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Level 54 Song
    Selo's Assonant Strain

Different places may be saying the same thing in different ways, or perhaps they simply listed the amount of slow it had at the max level at the time they made that record.

Raidloot shows it as
    40%

ZAM shows it as a variable based on level.
    10% @Level 54
    48% @Level 115

In any case, slows that have snares are problematic because if the mob is immune to snare it does not get slowed at all.
    It is why Bards asked for an ae slow that had no snare and got the one with an AC debuff instead.
  14. Nniki Augur

raidloot.com and eqresource.com display spell data as if max level.

Selo's Assonant Strain = 10% + Level / 4 with a max of 40%
    Requiem of Time = 20% + Level / 2 with a max of 55%

Bards also have the Jam Fest AA increasing the effective casting level.
    Riou and Skuz like this.
  15. Loze Elder

Instrument mods don't affect slow, haste, or mana regen.

One thing to note is that even a garbage slow will completely negate haste, so a 10% slow on a mob with 150% attack speed puts them at 90% (not 140%). Even bad slows are useful :)
    Bardy McFly, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  16. Bardy McFly Augur

If you really don't want to trust a site, you can always run a log over a consistent number of minutes with slow on and off, then parse the number of mob swings in the log for each. I would do it facing away from the mob so ripostes don't happen.
  17. Strawberry Augur

There is always something more useful a bard can do than wasting time slowing a mob. Without HoS the resist check is horrendous, and with HoS it's a waste of time.

If I see a bard wasting time and interrupting songs to pull with slow, I want him kicked out of my group, because I'd rather have an AFK bard at that point and pull myself.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

24 7 pbae slow
    ... swap to snare if you need it. Otherwise level 20 song until melody of mischief.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Slow mitigation has bit more of a band than that, though your numbers are good rules of thumb, since it is set by mob though generally the same for a zone or atleast a mob type, with some anomalies in expansions, because some of the content devs are better about setting it than others. Theres also some mobs in later expansions that have fully slowable mobs mixed in with partially slowable mobs (oversight probably) that makes those areas $$$ for leveling in.
    Mostly is 1 to 49%
    Partially 50 to 74%
    Slightly 75 to 95%

Theres also generally a curve of mob delay getting faster and faster as you progress through expansions, which works in a way that slow gets less and less useful additionally to the slow mitigation.

Like in POP most mobs that are partially slowable have a delay in the 20s, offhand I want to say 22 to 25 delay was common
    In Omens alot of mobs in say WOS have a delay of 20 to 22
    In say RSS+ content the delay is 18
    Later on mob delay is 12 to 15 normally.

So a 50% effective slow does less in say Call of the Forsaken then it does in Planes of Power factoring equal mitigation.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

While this could be true in a lot of basic xp grinding situations, it's completely ridiculous to claim that bard slow is always a waste of time. Slow is critical in some situations, and there's not always a superior slower around.

EDIT: just realized I was replying to a Strawberry post, joke's on me for wasting my time
    code-zero likes this.