Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Loze Elder

Aren't you the one that was saying you'd never wear the crappy EB earring because it's crappy?

You waffle all over the place and that's what makes you so much fun to read.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There's a reason nobody tries to hold their breath, and it's not because they are risk averse or just want BiS gear. If you are going to futz around in Kedge Keep, which is required for multiple epics, you need EB in some form. Worn versus casted EB is a convenience in your opinion, a lot of other people's opinions go the other way on that. I've done it the casted way, in classic originally. Keeping EB up on people is a pain, the more you have with you the worse it is. Making sure people have rings to cast themselves if it gets dispelled or drops is also a pain.

You can argue your opinion until you are blue in the face, people who are actually playing on the TLP's, actually doing these things are disagreeing with you. When you double down on your opinion it just makes you look uninformed on the reality of doing these things (that's the nice version).

LOL, ok, so he's on a strict 6 hour timer, always dead, but not being camped? You're being pedantic. He's being camped, most people are just smart enough to know it's not worth sitting there constantly. The OP didn't seem to know that, so it does happen occasionally. What exactly do you win if I concede that most people don't just sit there? If you want to quibble about the meaning of the word camped, we can do that, or you can just accept that when a mob is dead within seconds of spawning, even when people aren't sitting there for six hours between spawns, that means it's being camped, just in the least time-wasteful way. Insert 1000 eye rolls here.

Maybe you didn't reread the thread recently, I read it for the first time yesterday. You were arguing that MoTM doesn't include a pet-aggro mechanic. Then you moved the goalposts and tried to argue that there was some arbitrary mechanic unrelated to MoTM that was responsible for the pet aggro thing, that wasn't necessarily on every MoTM mob, but might also be on other non-MoTM mobs. Essentially to paraphrase, you said "I don't play on TLP's and I haven't seen this happen, so I can't be sure it happens." That was said literally to the face of people who said "you can't tank MoTM mobs with pets." This has been discussed many times before on these forums, everybody seems to know this mechanic exists, and how it works, with your single objection, which isn't based on experience and literally cites a lack of such.

I'm not sure what your goal is in arguing here. Some people will argue any point (knowingly wrong or otherwise) just to argue. You're giving off that vibe right now. I like to argue points, I don't care if I win, just that I get to the correct answer.

This thread was interesting, because when you were admonishing the OP's view of camps versus DPS races I was cheering you on. Then it shifts to mechanics and you go from clearly correct to tangled up in the weeds. If you aren't going to play on TLPs, but are going to argue on the TLP forums, you're eventually going to have to take somebody's word on how things work that you haven't witnessed yourself. Otherwise you will be seen as a troll, or at best ignorant and headstrong.
  3. Hypatia New Member

Omg this thread is still going stop feeding the trolls.
  4. Captain Video Augur

I feel I am being substantially misquoted here. When MotM was first put in, there was no pet aggro mechanic; this is a fact, a matter of record. The pet aggro was changed later following a swath of player complaints alleging unfairness due to imbalance. I was not one of those players, the entire process had nothing to do with me. MotM itself has different levels, based on both progression status and the level of each NPC; it isn't a simple one-size-fits-all formula. This is also a matter of record. Beyond that, I am not interested in arguing the history of how the various balance and exploit issues evolved, I don't care and never did. In the original dialog, I felt there was a premeditated effort to twist my words around and make me look bad because I am known to be a casual player on the TLP side (I don't raid), and I'm not part of the "elite" player community on the Discord. You are free to think what you like, I don't lose sleep over it. :)

Sorry, fail. I put this topic to bed months ago. The thread was necro'ed, not by me, and you posted a wall of text asking questions about my views. I did my best to answer what you were asking. I had/have no intention of re-arguing the thing.

Where the bleep are you getting this? I am an established Live player who has enjoyed dabbling on the TLP side as a casual. I have in-game friends who are much the same. I rolled on Coirnav but had to give it up due to open-heart surgery (an aneurysm repair that could have killed me if left alone). I wouldn't have liked it there long-term anyway due to the abysmal XP. I rolled on Mangler but gave it up due to repeated harassment from Krono farmers. I rolled on Aradune hoping there was a chance the 2-box limit might actually be enforced, but not the case. I've rolled on Thornblade hoping the random loot rules might mitigate the Krono farmer harassment, and for me at least, so far so good. (Nobody wants banded armor, but I've already crafted full sets for each of my alts who will wear it.)

The line about not commenting on things you haven't witnessed yourself is a double-edged sword. There is a lot which casual players not rushing to level cap will see going on that won't be seen by anyone in the hardcore raiding guilds. This has been true for the entire history of the game.
  5. Machen New Member

Not necessarily. When I used to play hard core, I also had several characters I played very casually on the side, intentionally to see that side of the game. No twinkage, no connection to my main characters, logged in 2-3 hrs a week each lfg in pickup groups. Played in casual invite everyone guilds. You CAN see both.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Some people are just incapable of letting an argument go.
  7. Loze Elder

Calling Vidya a troll is an insult to trolls everywhere.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It begins:

Moving the goalposts:

Just hold your breath and pet-wall it, no big deal:

It's dumb to camp EB on a TLP because none of this matters on Live servers:

Supporting link from codebase with different mechanics:

The tactics to fight Phinigel on P99 and on TLP with MoTM are apparently the same:

Realizes it's not going well, tries to retcon the thread into one about Live:

Pets can tank Phinny because they can't drown, but worn-EB is still pointless if you aren't a pet. Also, pets can tank Phinny with MoTM, because I play on Live and don't trust anybody else's info:

Swimming skill is very important, but EB earrings are not. Makes up version of how pet-aggro mechanics work despite having no experience with them:

Gonna pause here, might keep going if I feel like it. For those following along at home, we're near the end of page 10. Next up is denial of the MoTM changes happening due to the introduction of Fabled mobs, and a bit more defense of the moved goalposts.

Captain Video, like I said, this isn't personal. I pointed out what you did, you said you didn't do it, but the evidence is all right there in this thread. None of us are perfect, somebody could probably pull apart my posts just like this and do the same to me. The difference is that if they did that, I'd say, "Oops, guess I was wrong," and then I'd learn from the experience.
    Loze likes this.
  9. Captain Video Augur

You know you can search the forums and necro posts I made several years ago, and comment on those as well. I wouldn't want you to miss out on anything.
  10. Hershey New Member

Pnp is gone? so i can train ery mob on Video and fd? shuda dps raced me nerd.
  11. Stymie Pendragon

Training is still against the rules.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

And will get you suspended if not banned.