Change VP ground spawns please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

Yes, another thread about something that has been griped about for more than a decade now.

Why are we here still :(?

I really loved the changes, at least for mischief, where key mobs are dropping copies for guildies/friends/etc. However, ground spawns are still one of the major reasons many skip keying for VP in-era.

Can you please have multiple ground spawns pop every 50 minutes instead of 1, or change the respawn rate from 50 -> 10 minutes? 28 possible keys being created per day is ridiculous. If you look at it within a specific timeframe, ie: US Eastern timezone, it's a LOT worse than that. :(

Thanks, I look forward to the next 50 threads on this matter. :cool:
    Allworth and wade_watts like this.
  2. bardybard Augur

Pick zones do exist my guy
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

They do not, my guy. I've been camping the Swamp of no hope ground pick for over 3 days straight now, no picks existed.

Stop :)
  4. TheGoblin Elder

On Mischief no guild has put a effort into spawning picks.
  5. Pseudofate Augur

Feels like for this server's particular ruleset and theme the ground spawns should instantly respawn anywhere within the zone. Mischief!

Ground spawn next to a black reaver? Check.
    Ground spawn in Xalgoz's toliet!? Check.
    Punchu, Stymie and Mithra like this.
  6. wade_watts Augur

Totally agree with OP. When I first noticed that all the VP keys were randomized and dropping extra - I was pleasantly surprised that they finally fixed it - and did so in a really fun way by getting random keys from random key mobs. Then I found out it didn't include the ground spawns... How disappointing - it was so close to being the perfect fix!
  7. Febb Augur

It looks like guilds have finally figured out VP is a huge waste of time and not worth it!
    Allworth likes this.
  8. Mithra Augur

Every single ground spawn in Kunark should be randomized into the same pool.
  9. Atomos Augur

I can't believe these things have never been adjusted.

We're not playing the same exact experience we were back then, some things needs to be adjusted for today. Way more people play TLP with the intent on experiencing old raid content or perhaps raid content they missed out on, like VP, than the amount of people who were actually doing VP back in the day on a single server.

Not to mention someone can just set up a bot there to spam click all day just to prevent people from being able to access the zone.
    Allworth likes this.
  10. Cainen Augur

They have been adjusted multiple times over the life of TLPS. Faster respawn(used to be 2 hours), more places they can spawn(used to be a single static loc), can no longer be destroyed on the spot. etc. They could stand to be adjusted MORE, but work has been done to help make the experience better.
  11. AngryKing Elder

Swamp has like 12 spawn points making a auto clicker next to useless. Kaesora has few enough to where someone could probably effectively use one to farm a spot, but not enough to prevent people access.
  12. bardybard Augur

God forbid your guild puts in a tiny bit of effort to get themselves keyed for VP
  13. Atomos Augur

Must've been changed since the last time I did it, I missed the patch note. However, every single year around Kunark time there are always posts begging for VP key changes, so it's obviously not enough.
  14. Demetri Augur

From the person defending the "effort" of literally pet-walling bosses with absurdly low numbers that's rich.

Sure, killing Trak and farming the other shards aren't effort - you know what is? Clicking a ground spawn before 25 other people.
  15. Nalrian New Member

I agree with the OP, Ground spawns on Mischief, and probably Thornblade, are very toxic....at least on other servers you get your piece and move on, but these ground spawns are being farmed; since they are tradeable. It is quite obvious when someone is using cheats to get them as well, and stupid me that I refuse to cheat.

Playing on a TLP for fun, and it is no fun sitting hours on end to just have someone warp to a piece and see it auctioned off. Maybe just make the ground spawns no trade at least so the jerks can get theirs and move on.

Other than these ground spawns, Mischief is fun, but I tell ya..these ground spawns causing much frustration! when it stops being fun..people will stop playing and..paying...please fix the situation!!!
  16. bardybard Augur

They didn't on other servers, what makes you think Mischief/Thornblade is different?
  17. Demetri Augur

They were nodrop and nodestory on the others, so it limited a character to looting ONE to use and ONE to sell at a time.

Of which that was a tweak for the latter.

They also made their spawn point more variable as well, another tweak.

But sure, they didn't do anything on other servers.
  18. Neuro Elder

Actually, there’s a slight issue, due to the particular nature of these servers. On nearly every other server, since the key piece is both nodrop and no destroy, you couldn’t pick up more than one piece, without farming them all to completion. This was to prevent guilds from blocking each other by camping the pieces then destroying it so they could pick it up again. But on this server, the ability to trade them means people have been grabbing the pieces then immediately trying to sell it for inflated amounts, and if no immediate takers, they parcel it off to an alt and go back to camping, letting an alt sell it in the tunnel.
    They might should have made the pieces nodrop, since the end key is nodrop.
    Skuz and Demetri like this.
  19. bardybard Augur

Ah yea, that is a bummer.
    They put in the no destroy change on Agnarr to prevent this
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Jerimeya New Member

Originally, Kunark was out for 12 months before the next expansion. Now, only 2.
    Instead of spawning 1 per cycle, spawn 6. This would align more with classic, especially where there are bottlenecks to content.
    This also reduces the ability of cheaters to monopolize content simply for profit. Thus, forcing people to resort to pay to win mechanisms to progress.
    Skuz likes this.