Any UI modifications that enlarge the text?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Khieran, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Khieran Journeyman

I'm playing at 1920x1080, but as I get older, it's harder and harder to read all the text on the various icons/windows.

I know you can increase the chat font size, and I've done that, but are there any UI modifications that make the text on the other windows and buttons bigger?
    Herf likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are custom UI pieces you can try over at eqinterface.com
  3. Khieran Journeyman

Thanks. There are a lot of files to sort through, so was hoping someone knew of a specific one. I'll dig around and see what I can find
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

A trick that really helps my old eyes is on your hot bars. Each of those little boxes are customizable as far as size and that size will increase the print in them

right click the bar, select change size, I run 125 or maybe a little higher depending on the computer
  5. Herf Augur

I didn't know about this feature! Unfortunately for me, the boxes scale but the text label does not. If it did this would a perfect solution.
  6. Khieran Journeyman

Yea, I've done that and it's great, but some of the other text/icons are still pretty small.

I found Vert2020 over at eqinterface and it has a larger effects window, with text next to them, and that helps. It even has larger buttons/button text by default, but the player window and group window are pretty small.

The search continues...
  7. Khieran Journeyman

I'm messing around with the XML to try and make some changes to the items that weren't changed in the UI I'm trying out.

Is there a way to reload the current UI in-game? or do I have to log out and back in to reload it?
  8. Stymie Pendragon

This is something that a lot of users would appreciate DPG taking the time to address, myself included. I've been hesitant to use 3rd party UI improvements due to potential lack of support when they inevitably break after a patch. My 3440 x 1440 monitor looks great, but many things are too small to read that can't be adjusted using the in-game settings.

I'm not a fan of WoW, but they manage to support my monitor much better. It's not perfect, but quite usable.
  9. Ketzerei84 Elder

/chatfontsize ?
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I haven't messed with it in ages... and it can have several repercussions... but you can customize fonts and load those fonts to be used in EQ. (it has been well over a decade since I've done this, several OS's ago + all of the changes with EQ. I don't recall if you add the fonts to windows or if you have to add them to a special location in the EQ directory.. or if they need a special extension to be accepted by EQ.)

You can also edit UI elements in xml by searching for the tag <Font># and replacing the number with a higher number.

Every time one of these threads pops up.. someone always says /chatfontsize. That command only works for chat windows, people are having problems reading hotbar keys, hover display info text, journal/quest tracker info, etc..
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Khieran like this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

From EQInterface:

Khieran likes this.
  12. Khieran Journeyman

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll mess around with it this weekend