What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I don't know if my keyboard would survive how many +1's I'd like to give to this.
    I'm pretty sure just about every server has some form of open/casual raid team at this point and this would be huge.
    Ozon, Raccoo, Celephane and 6 others like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

More chat filter control.

I hate hate hate that other peoples critical heals now show up on the same filter as my critical nuke. Or that I can change the color of npc say vs player say, but can't have them go to different windows. I don't want to hear spam from the mobs about how I ruined their lands clogging up the same window a person/gm could be trying to communicate with me. An option to completely hide certain text filters but have them still show up in the log file for parsing would be nice also.
    nitrocutter, Nobildus, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

This one I would have to disagree with. There are a number of events where healing an NPC may be required, (Tormax in RoF Kael for example). If this was done to all then events where healing an NPC is required will be impossible.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Lubianx have you ever tried to burst/light one of the NPCs that is flagged healable? I could have sworn they land, since they are toggled as friendly which that target type will land on.
    Celephane likes this.
  5. Lubianx Augur

We went back recently and did RoF Kael raid for guild trophies and achievements. You actually tank King Tormax so he is not a friendly NPC but you have to keep him alive whilst dealing with other mechanics. Burst did not work.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6064
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Ahh, well I mean I guess it would create a use for the useless touch/mending/vida lines, since Touch wasn't included in the recent patch (I know the 111 one does work like that)

I assume things like interventions would also not be included since they would have to do some back end work to get that to target right on the heal and the nuke, potentially creating another target type for the autocast nuke so that smart targets as well.

Was there a reason you couldn't just reflect a heal onto him?
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I finally lost my Rare's fault trigger when I went through 3 pcs this year.. =(
  8. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Improvements to gearing up pets, few thoughts on how to do this:
    1) Increase the number of items you can give to an NPC from 4 to 8
    2) Allow pets to accept bags of items to equip
    3) Make a spell that you cast on the pet that fully equips them. Can have an insane long cast time, that's fine.

Enhancements to the Combat Abilities window. Can we make it more like the spell book for casters?

Enhancements to the Skills window. It would be nice to have tabs for the types of Skill (Combat, Trade skill, Language, etc.)
    Thul and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Zarkdon Augur

For pet equip spell buff: if you are worried about mages losing out because of the loss of pet toys you could make the buff require a spell component mages have to summon. You could also make it non combat if you are concerned about raid balance.

I'd also like to see an AA that allowed suspended pets to survive a deatg.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What will happen to my Overseer on the server being transferred?
    So until the coders have created a "Overseer Transfer Token" or they create a "Server Transfer Token + Overseer Transfer" transferring from your current server to one that you have zero overseer progress on leaves you having to start from scratch all over again - though you could retire all your uncommon+ agents and take the tokens generated by that with you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Eviction of non guild members from guild neighbourhoods
    Remove global spell cooldown, make the Spell bar work like AAs do
    Pet gear tab in inventory the same as merc gear.
    Merc gear tab per type of merc
    AA reward from doing overseer
    Older tradeskill rewards from doing overseer
    Divert my exp to merc AAs, when max exp and AA
    Give spell research a viable skill up path on TLPs, cost of some of the sub combines is crazy
    Give wizzys and Druids the ability to convert Port clicks to spells to port and TL others to these locations
    Add tls to wizzy and druid ports that are missing them
    Remove the stripping of buffs to plane of sky from a wizzy port, the guild Hall doesn't do this the port shouldn't either.
    Svann2 and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Windance Augur

Better options to get returning players 'raid ready'
    - Level 111-115 is brutal for returning members. Overseer is great step to address the issue but it is slow.

Alliance / pick up raid banners
    - Several pages of ideas about this

Reduce the number of missions required to earn type 5 augs back closer to EoK levels.

Allow us to sell back type 5 augs purchased from group coin for 100% refund so we can try stacking different heroics with out farming 100x zland runs ...
    Ozon, Barraind, Darkerknight and 2 others like this.
  13. The real Sandaormo Augur

You can /testcopy to test and /beta to beta so we know it can be done.
    Add a 24 hr /<Severname>copy button to go help on a raid or something to that effect.
    Could have a message board for raids looking for classes and pop over to help.

Since only a 24 hour toon copy, have it so you can't trade or loot anything so theres no funny business with trying to make Money or Kronos with it. Just have it be a way to meet and group / raid with new people.

I would pay for a feature like this.
    Ozon and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or cross-server raiding. The raids are instances anyway. Find out some way to coordinate a raid instance for cooperative groups/guilds to enter together.
    Ozon, Stymie, Elyssanda and 1 other person like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they would have to change a lot of code in order to make it a 24 hour copy and preventing them from trading, looting or purchasing things from vendors. Overall sounds like a lot of work for not a lot of value.
  16. jiri_ Augur

Heroics scaling to two or three expansions behind the current xpac.
    Ozon and Stymie like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, it's faster than I ever leveled without it ;)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Stymie Pendragon

1. The ability to turn off any/all chat items being displayed vs tossing the unwanted ones in a window to be minimized.

If the game relies on client side chat input to run properly it's a problem that needs to be addressed by Daybreak in my opinion. I can't help but think it will improve the lag issue in some way, but I have no clue how it actually works. :)

2. UI support beyond 1080. I'm not even talking about the cluster that is the stock UI options for new accounts. A temp could come up with a better and more customer friendly default in a day or two for all resolutions, easily. I mean scaling so that items are more readable using larger resolution monitors which are becoming more or less default nowadays.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

A /split function that allows you to share plat across an entire raid, something like.... /raidsplit
    Stymie and Nennius like this.