What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I know there is or was a thread on this before but it's 90+ pages and probably 3 or 4 pages into this sub-forum.

I personally would love modern hot zones, ways to make grouping more viable so a high level character can help any lower level character and I would love to see the Overseer system be able to be player based as well as account based so that when you server transfer you don't lose all the stuff you have done and have in Overseer.

What say you ForumQuest?
    Ozon and Dre. like this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

In one of the recent server merge discussions they mentioned that Overseer would merge when the next one happens. So it looks like they have been working on that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm trying to figure out what "Overseer would merge when the next one happens" means, and honestly, I got nothing. Care to elaborate?
    Loratex and Coagagin like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The issue is if a player voluntary transfers servers they don't take the overseer progress with them. From what I remember when it was launched they said you would lose it for a server transfer but a server merge would combine what was on both servers.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Overseer progress is linked to the server, not the character or account. Thus, if you play on Xegony and transfer to Bristlebane, when you type /overseer all of your levels will be set to 1, you'll start the "tutorial" again, and all of your collected cards/mercs/whatever you call them will be "gone."

They are attempting to make it so a server merge will bring that data with you. I wish they could just make it account-wide in general, so that any transfer, not just a server merge, will carry overseer content along with it. I don't see any real reason that it shouldn't and no exploitative measures in having access to full overseer across servers. The only "questionable" part would be that each TLP could potentially gain access to all level 5 overseer progress + all cards as soon as SoD unlocks and their toons hit lvl 85. That is the only "issue" I can see, but it is fairly irrelevant, as it takes something like 3 months tops to max out (for someone pushing it hard).
    Tatanka and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

a GH with all 1788/2000 items back where they belong. Not having to wait a MONTH to see if they magically reappear on their own when the server resets on Patch day.
    Loratex, Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

For all women to have beards.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

I must protest this vile example of dwarven cultural appropriation. Isn't it enough that we get stepped on, overlooked, and generally ridiculed by the evolutionary unsustainable tall races? Must we also endure this grave slight?

We demand compensation for this slight. Please deliver large amounts of pie to Kaladim at once. If you don’t, we will get upset over every trivial slight in the future and we will, ummm, get very mad and not like you.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I grew up in Gfay, I'm max ally with dwarves, Plenty of pie and Crushbone belts helps.
    Stymie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

* the ability to draw tradeskill materials from the Dragon's Hoard (or even the bank) while tradeskilling. this isnt a huge stretch since many games do this, and it would be a huge, huge QoL improvement.
    * a secondary tab in the guild bank for tradeskill only materials.
    * a tertiary tab in the guild bank for quest pieces etc.
    * keyring for personal transportation items
    * some kind of insane tradeskill quest that would allow people with 350 in multiple skills to have either a special trophy bank, a mastery trophy, or one piece of gear that could somehow give the trophy bonus to every skill without needing to flipflop trophies all the time.
    * a personal clicker (even if its a microtransaction for $5 - ideally used to fund the development of other little fun toys like this) to the guild banner regardless of your location.
    * fellowship campfires to count mercenaries at 1/2 rate, so that you could place one with 2 people and 2 mercs.
    * saveable raid sets for those who lead raids
    * the ability to earn guild AA (or some kind of other system, maybe through overseer or who knows) to allow guilds to grind out AA to buy a buff dispenser npc for the guild hall
    * the ability to share quests with other players, even if they are individual, so, if i have one, and someone else doesn't i can share it to them, rather then them having to go fetch it. (it should share to them with zero progress done, even if i am partway through).
    * some way to increase extended target slots, and/or have a second bank, even if one was limited to players, and the other limited to npcs
    Ozon, klanderso, Ssdar and 7 others like this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Several excellent suggestions. Thank you very much for an awesome post and great contribution to the thread. Hopefully the devs will eventually read this and take it under consideration.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Teleport to player in group from anywhere
    Gear merchant for Tribute points (3 expansions old)
    Overhaul on HME regen/OOC/heal potions
    NPC in PoK that casts major group buffs+DS
    Agents of Change on live servers
    /who filters nobazaar nolobby nogh nopok nohousing notrader noafk
    /who filter mylevelrange
    Appearance tab to make any slot look like any item
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

These are great ideas
    -Make a TS quest that converts trophies to a new aug type, then another (or same quest) to turn Artisan's prize into 2.0 that has aug slots for all the trophies, then you could drop them in there and always have them applied. Either that or let them be activated like house trophies.
    -2+2 merc campfire for sure
    -Guild Standard clickie would be another great QoL

-Saved favorite recipe sets similar to spell sets
    -Inventory/Stat sheet for pets similar to Mercs
    -Focus tab in the stat sheets to show which focuses you are wearing and their level ranges, maybe add the spell focus augs in there too
    -Bandolier swaps the items position in your bags instead of just dropping it into the first avail inv slot
    -some kind of never sell flag in a window like /advloot so you could sell a bag of stuff but not accidentally sell something that shouldn't be in that bag.
    -More inv space on merchants for dumpster diving
    -Cleric merc with a battle rez mode
    Ssdar, Xhartor, Thul and 3 others like this.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

I like these a lot
  15. Lubianx Augur

-Raid banner for Pick-Up and Alliance raids
    -Bandolier to swap belts (can even add masks and BPs if you like)
    -Love the idea of drawing t/skill mats directly from the bank whilst tradeskilling.
    -In game audio trigger blaming Rare so we don't have to do it every time we make new GINA triggers
    Ozon, Raccoo, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Full Gear Bandolier.

Probably not as needed on live but in these early TLP eras being able to quickly swap between some gearsets would save me a ton of time on certain raid encounters.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

This would be useful on live as well. Perhaps not as often but it would be nice.
    Especially with older raid content that is very very picky about different procs/spells/ect and then us getting an absolute boatload of new augs that can do bad things for a raid during TBL/TOV.
  18. Cainen Augur

Bolded ones I really would like and "should" be quick fixes. I'll probably have more ideas later.

Make everything stack to 1000. Its weird when things don't now.

More spell info when you inspect a spell or effect.(Specifically the spell ID# so we can block it easier. Important for wizards who block ports)

Worn attack / cap on the stats page.(maybe under the skill damage mods?).

Worn FT / cap on the stats page.(Maybe under spell mods?)

Hitsmode having (critical)(Repost)(Strikethrough) messages when on abbreviated.(could even just be (C)(R)(S) etc.

Adding Ignore to the click on a players name popup.

Agro meter on TLPS. We got extended target, give us agro please!!!

Autoskill being 60 instead of 61.

Make all healing spells "smart"(was recently done for hybrids, please do for all healing)

Toggle "instakill abilities" on and off. Slay undead, decap, assassinate, etc. Some events you dont WANT to kill the thing.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

How about 1 instead of 61 :)

Chance to skill up on fizzle/missed notes would be great.
    Thul and Elyssanda like this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Unfortunately (in my opinion) this was an intentional decision.
    Even newer tradeskill stuff doesn't stack the same way older stuff does.