Suggestion: Make Pawbuster Rare flagged

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

I know the rare flag is a little different on mischief / mangler, but right now it is such a cancerous camp. Since he doesn't have a "rare" flag, enchanters are just coming in and charming him to steal him.

There's no way to counter this since the ability to dispel charm mobs was removed. The ONLY defense you would have against this is to train them, which is against TOS. Monks trying to do the epic need some kind of defense against krono farmers for this camp.
    Skuz, Kutsuu, ForumBoss and 1 other person like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They can make mobs immune to charm without flagging them as rare.
    Gnomie likes this.
  3. Gnomie Denser than most

That's an even better idea!
  4. Cainen Augur

Not an answer to your issue, but he also CAN spawn in DZ. So if you know you're not killing VS this week, pull your KC and see if he's up.
  5. Kahna Augur

They have to drop charm at some point to kill him. DPS him when it drops. They will probably re-charm, but that no longer erases the dmg you have already done to him. It will still count towards you getting the kill.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

#FreshTLPproblems

Stop jumping to the newest TLP thinking "this time it will be better"

[IMG]
  7. Piznut Angry Gnome

Eh I don't think the answer to douchiness is to run away from the douchebags. People should be able to play where they want.

The pawbuster being charmed seems like an oversite when they made things uncharmable.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Take your message elsewhere.
    wade_watts and Lanffear like this.
  9. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Monk epic is still far too easy for how good it is. It’s one of the last in line to need any part of it fixed.
  10. Cainen Augur

They did make it harder. You have to do the sashes now =P
  11. Machen New Member

No, you don't.
  12. Green_Mage Augur

Its pretty obvious that someone during the the charm fix process dilberately left certain mobs that known to be overpowered. Why? IDK -- maybe their friend farms krono... Maybe they thought it was a good idea for some reason.

It's pretty stupid i can't charm a named mob in Trakanon's Teeth (near zero impact on the game). But you can still flood the server with plat every TLP by charming Allizewsaur....why the exception for the obvious one that should have been made uncharmable? It was specifically called out in the forums before the charm changes.
  13. Elabone Augur

I spent 15hrs camping Pawbuster, and not a single person came into my camp or even remotely contested me. Bring friends, so the threat of a KS isnt possible and people leave you alone. If you are trying to solo it, of course someone is going to DPS race you, those are the rules.
  14. Atomos Augur

I would definitely like to see a long list of mobs changed to Rare Creatures. Thanks Mischief :p
  15. Xhartor Augur

The content is much better in the later expansions and the player base isn't nearly as toxic.
    Accipiter likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Good point, especially on the toxicity. The toxicity is really Classic-PoP.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. ASDF New Member

duel friend, have him kill charm pet, get loot win.

nope, can still kill bros, just requires a little bit more effort
  18. Ultrazen Augur

They did a pretty good job of making krono farmers lives harder, but there are still some remaining things that need to be addressed. PB is one of the worst ones, along with the VP key ground spawns.

Mischief is easily the least contentious server I've ever been on, but there are still some targets for sociopath krono farmers to gravitate towards.