Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Kahna Augur

I wasn't talking about competition at all. Pretty sure 95% of the population doesn't care about "competition" in EQ anymore. I was more referring to choices in guild selection.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

I bet I know who the guild leader is. There's a pattern there. ;)
  3. Green_Mage Augur

its more like 99.999%. Keep in mind, a lot of people in competitive guilds are there for the fast raids and large amount of loot. So its only a small minority of the small minority that are in the top guilds.

And I'm not sure how much the competition idea is just a rationalization for RMT behavior. At least at this point on this server.
  4. Cainen Augur

Especially on mischief where a single boss kill can get you 3-5 times the normal loot. Who cares about OW racing when you're going to be totally geared out in 1/3 of the time just doing DZs.

Its awesome
  5. Ootax Augur

I've noticed a lack of guilds that are solely focused on raiding and putting up some kind of competition. It seems most are raiding/casual guilds. You typically see 2 or 3 guilds rushing for server firsts and usually a couple more who will go for a server first but it's not a priority like the 2-3 that want it. It seems that upper end tier of guilds is lacking here.
  6. Demetri Augur

Medium pop? When I opt to poke into General channels on the weekends - they tend to be spawned up into the General15 range or higher - sure, some of those people are doubling up on channels, but not most - and plenty of people don't join General.

3k+ used to be the threshold in the old days for an EQ server being considered "full" and that's 6k minus double joiners in General channels alone.

You're just making up the fiction you want to tell yourself.
  7. Demetri Augur

Yep just finished the whole sequence (minus T3 raids and Aaroynar since numbers finally sputtered out) on Phinigel start to end and it was quite a trip with plenty of fun times. Although a few... *cough, cough* Prophecy of Ro... can die in a dumpster fire.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

Why stress and let others dictate your terms? This something most people play to relax and blow off steam, not generate it.

The most stressful thing to date is just handling bids on 15-dozen items per kill, but besides the poor DKP officers - it's a very laid back experience.
  9. Rizlowder New Member

you know most of those general channels are empty right? there arent 15 full general channels.
    talk about making up fiction you want to tell yourself.
  10. Wtfagain Elder

you couldn't extrapolate from what I said that it's not just about competition? the new tlp meta is everyone joins one big zerg guild. don't bite the spoon I just fed you with. It'll hurt your teethers.
  11. jeskola pheerie

I can't wait for 1,000 member guilds doing 14 splits!
  12. Slaytanic1 Journeyman

There's probably 3 main raiding guilds on Mischief right now IMO
  13. Demetri Augur

I've verified when it's in the 9 range joining all of them and all except last had 400 (or just shy of), but you do you, EQAnon.

But feel free to show the list of you joined to General 1-15 with most being sub-350.
  14. Demetri Augur

Literally right at this moment - midafternoon Thursday.

Gen (400)
    Gen1 (400)
    Gen2 (400)
    Gen3 (400)
    Gen4 (121)

You can debate the ratio that join generals and how many people multi-join - but they're not empty shadow ones.
  15. Demetri Augur

Depends on what you use as a qualifier - rushed to 60 before an XP weekend and raiding major Kunark targets already? Yea, probably.

Any wider net than that exceptionally narrow one? No. Probably more like 8-10 thusfar - with plenty more that are just taking it slow till raiding actually matters.
  16. Ootax Augur

Who are they? I don't even think there are 3. Faceless seems to be the only one, all the others that I've seen are more casual than raiding.
  17. TheGoblin Elder

Mischief and Magic and Elf Sim are two other ones who kill things.
  18. Demetri Augur

I can name at least 6 others that have done Classic dragons and above, do you even play on the server?
  19. Lucious New Member

Why raid if you can just buy the Loot
  20. Slaytanic1 Journeyman

Casual doesn't mean you don't raid and down content. It's really just whether you 1) Batphone OW content and 2) Have a high RA. Casual guilds can still have exceptional players in them, etc.