Never thought I'd see the day when you couldn't get a group in the pit

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grasamo, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Grasamo Journeyman

Instead, 50 people lined up around the walls soloing... This is just stupid.
    Catalina likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you think this is stupid you should read reddits penny stock forum.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Did you try inviting anyone? Do they know grouping is better? I think there's alot of new people on this server
  4. nagash101 Augur

Pit?
  5. bardybard Augur

Took me a while to figure out too, but I think he's talking about Field of Bone
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm glad someone asked.
  7. Loze Elder

It was always called that on The Tribunal. Took me a second, because I haven't heard anyone call it that in about 20 years lol
  8. jeskola pheerie

Obligatory D.R.I. reference

[IMG]
    Stymie, Fallfyres and Skuz like this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

10. Tweakfour17 Augur

You're 5, 000 candles in the wind :cool:
  11. Mattling Elder

Welcome to the by product of 5+ years of rolling need on everything and reporting players for every minor infraction imaginable.

Now nobody wants to play with randoms. Learn to box......
    Iyacc and Foaming like this.
  12. Herf Augur

Yep I was on TB and noticed the same thing. There's a complete lack of community feeling on Thornblade. Probably on Mischief also. I logged on to create an Iksar monk, played for a while, got bored and gave up. When Kunark originally opened there was all kinds of groups in the Pit. Iksar would also help each other when pulls got out of hand.
  13. Green_Mage Augur

Yea levels 1-10 people always act weird. If you start on a tlp, you should be trying to group the newbie yard right away. But because people don't strictly need others to level -- they prefer to solo most the time. The ones smarter than this get sick of it and just use pre-forms at the start of launch.

Maybe its out of date ideas about exp being better solo in some situations....maybe they just don't want to interact with anyone (they often wont respond to tells). Who knows. I'm just glade its only the lowbie levels that are like that. On live and p99, you see this all the way to level cap with some people.
  14. mark Augur

lots of us use discord and play with mainly guildies and no not the bathphone ones,plv lvl with a druid a group in the so called pit has been fun.
  15. Aegir Augur

It's a not a Pit! It's a huge Crater!
  16. Potsos76 Augur

I haven't had that experience. There are a ton of runners and proximity/social aggro mobs and when you add in the solo xp cap, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Under 10 however, I'd argue it's faster to solo/duo than it is to try to fill a group. But once you're in the pit, I've been adding anyone I see straggling around there and pretty much 100% of people are excited to group.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. TLP Addict Augur

If you're twinked and can constantly pull yellows without downtime it's not that much slower up until the low teens to just solo and not have to deal with terrible players or ninja AFKers etc.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. BreakmanDX New Member

Yeah, I've noticed the same phenomenon. A lot of people seem to be genuine newbs and/or genuinely shy. What groups I did get out there the people were obviously new. Or y'know, used to P99 where soloing is optimal if you can manage it. Once I got into Kurns things have been much more normal. Feel free to talk to these people and explain to them how amazing the grouping bonus EXP is though.
  19. BreakmanDX New Member

Yeah, I've noticed the same phenomenon. A lot of people seem to be genuine newbs and/or genuinely shy. What groups I did get out there the people were obviously new. Or y'know, used to P99 where soloing is optimal if you can manage it. Once I got into Kurns things have been much more normal. Feel free to talk to these people and explain to them how amazing the grouping bonus EXP is though.
  20. Ebine Augur

Oh that pit was thinking the other one. Was going to ask if you had seen
    Baby Joseph Sayer