Slay Undead request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cainen, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Cainen Augur

This came up when we were clearing Frostcrype so I'm posting in the tlp forums but feel free to move elsewhere if this is the wrong spot.

Can Slay Undead get a toggle to disable similar to reaching notes, bold attacks, spell casting subtilty, etc

The reason I ask is we were doing a FC event where you have to dps some zombie to LOW but not DEAD, and our pally got one hell of a slay proc and chunked 15%ish of the health, which killed the mob and forced us to reset. Would be great if this could be turn off for fights where precision is more important then dps.

Thank you.
  2. Lubianx Augur

When in that situation, if the pally was tanking, equip a no damage main (ALEX for this era, Darkened Cone for more recent). If he was just DPSing, turn melee attack off and just nuke.

Rangers, Zerkers, Rogues all have this issue with humanoid mobs too. They cant turn off Headshot, Decap or Assassinate.

The toggles you mentioned are more agro based (something a little different for reaching notes) and not DPS curtailers.

There are many examples of where everyone has to watch there DPS. Many raids are balance events, other events you can easily break the script with over DPSing when out of era. It's more a case of everyone adapting rather than making such a change, which would have to be for all classes
  3. Vulken9 Journeyman

The rogue assassinate part made me chuckle. From my experience, in TSS era, rogues don’t have this issue on any raid mob. Or any group xp mob in era for that matter.
  4. Lubianx Augur

It wasn’t about specifically in era, it was about toggling a DPS ability. It really isn’t required. You just have to be careful when dealing with specific events and mobs.