So you "fixed" a 20 year old skip, making it near impossible for new TLP SKs to get their epics

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yeux, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Yeux New Member

I'm not even going to get into how stupid it is to "fix" the way people have been doing a quest for nearly two decades. I don't care that the SK 1.0 skip was taken out, but it creates a massive issue with Kurron Ni on Mischief/Thornblade because he's a 3 day +/- spawn. SKs can't even begin their epics without this portion now. With an ultra brief Kunark period, that means maybe 20 per server will be able to even officially begin their epic. Meanwhile every paladin on the server had theirs done within 15 minutes. So many NPCs have been updated over the years to fix ridiculous spawn rates, timers or change them to unstealable. This should have been addressed when making these changes.

His respawn timer needs to be adjusted to something more reasonable. Preferably sooner rather than later.
    Critt, Xanathol and Magician9001 like this.
  2. Xhartor Augur

Does Kurron NI spawn on pick up?

When your guild is gathering for skyfire DZ to kill Talendor you should have enough people in OT to force a pick to load. If Kurron Ni spawns on pick up, it would allow an SK in the guild to complete that part of the epic. If he doesn't then this is no help.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

But on the plus side the guy that has a perma banned account because he exploited and stole 1000s of dollars of loot from daybreak is now able to sell you Darkforge pieces that he obtained with bots.

Seems like win win TBH.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Honestly, they need to take another look at the epic quests, and not just from a Mischief/Thornblade stand point.

The fact that the Chanter, Wizard, and still SK epic are so damn hard compared to most of the others is STUPID.

Whats funny is those 3 classes have the WORST epics! lol! How are the 3 worst epics the 3 hardest to get? So crazy and stupid.

Seriously, TLP servers make up a large portion of the playerbase (I think Holly said one time its about 50/50). Why can we not have 1 dedicated developer that does things like this on the TLP servers? Prathun my Prathun, where art thou? Oh right, WoW :(
  5. Leseul Journeyman

He does not, this is a legitimately annoying bottle neck, there's usually 2-3 SKs stacked on his spot ATM waiting for a day and a half respawn. Definitely is not ideal given the Marl charges.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Just curious... why bother? Epic 1 are obsolete so fast on TLPs. The only reason to do it is as a precursor for the 2.0. In most cases the alternative quest is easier than the 1.0. Obviously there are certain 1.0s that are indispensable such as the cleric epic. I'm talking about the "meh" epics.
  7. Cainen Augur

Its still a top tier weapon in Kunark, and the proc is super nice while soloing. If you're planning to stick around past POP(and you SHOULD god and oow are GREAT) having your 1.0 makes the 1.5 easier.

In my opinion this guy(and all other epic mobs who despawn or are killed) should at MOST be on the same timer as the(now fixed) broken golem in fear.
  8. Vulken9 Journeyman

I’d say there’s some aesthetic value. I personally like the looks of sk 1.0 over 2.0. I was pretty bummed I couldn’t select the 1.0 visual aug from epic request because I skipped the 1.0.
  9. taliefer Augur

I cant be the only one who finds it funny they go through the trouble of fixing all the bottlenecks, just to accidentally reintroduce another one by "fixing" the npcs to see invis.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Of course. My point is that after obtaining it, you use for maybe a month. I get that some people just love doing epic quests. I look at it as value vs. effort. Most epics come up short.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree. The 1.0 had one of the best graphics.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You say funny I say sad.
  13. bardybard Augur

Umm, what are you talking about? Look through patch notes for last few cycles.
    Wizard epic is probably one of the easiest to finish now. All enchanter bottlenecks have been removed.
  14. Trevalon Augur

Sorry, I wasnt aware they "fixed" these quests? What did they do to the Broken Golem and Verina/Vessel?
  15. bardybard Augur

Look up patch notes
  16. Demetri Augur

The Neriak and Cabilis spawns for ENC are now down to about a half day - didn't study the Wiz changes though - but I can save you some reading for ENC there.
  17. Cainen Augur

Broken Golem is 6 hours after its been killed or 4-16 on zone up. So MUCH better
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which also means it has a chance to spawn in DZ after 4 hours
  19. Yeux New Member

I did the prequest on my SK on Vox because it was such a pain, but I (and im sure many others) wanted to do it in era. Some people enjoy completing challenging quests.

With the changes to drop rates, it would have made one of the more frustrating epics more appealing, except they decided to go and introduce an even worse bottleneck than anything that was previously involved. I'd still like to complete it in era though, and had they not screwed it up, myself and a few others I know would have been primed to get it done within a day or two of Kunark going live. Now only one SK on our server will even get to "start" the quest every 3.5 days or so.

There is no doubt though that the reward isn't as worthwhile as many of the much easier epics for other classes. Doesn't make me want to do it any less after having completed so much of the kills and camping before Kunark opened.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

I hear you. I 5-boxed the SK, Shaman, Cleric, and Monk 2.0s in era on Phinny. Not the same as original "in era" but still.