Achievement Ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

We need more dumb achievements to keep people in the game, here's some ideas:

The Pretty Kitty Princess Award-Play time on the character is over 4,000 days.

Connoisseur- Drink a list of rare drinks.

What direction could the achievement system go to add to the impossible to do list to keep the ever in Everquest?
    Froglok likes this.
  2. Hekaton Augur

tableflipper 2.0: 50,0000 inanimate objects. title of "forever alone"
  3. Angahran Augur

How about a use for 'achievement points' ?

If you complete collections for an expansion, be able to purchase a housing "collector's junkbox" that adds a couple of hundred items to house storage but only collection items ?
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Achievement: The Hoarder:
    Loot every item in the game at least once.

:p
  5. Dances Journeyman

I have always thought an achievement called "Key Master" would be cool and if you did the full quests for the keys to Seb, Howling Stone, VT, Emp some special areas of certain POP zones and collected others ones that are mob drop maybe.
    Stymie, Ssdar, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Extend that to every attainable key in the game, and I would genuinely try to complete that achievement!

Before they even thought of adding achievements, I considered /key as my personal achievement list. :)

Reward should be a gigantic bag that only holds keys, and the ability to pick locks!
    Ssdar, Skuz and Duder like this.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

Do eet!
    Tharkis won't be the only one getting that if it went live.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I could go for that ic it was time spent playing not time spent afk.

Anyone can afk in the guild Hall or bazaar for days on end.
    Skuz and Tatanka like this.
  9. Froglok Augur

I'd rather see a Players total Achievement Points unlock something, rather than being turned into yet another alternative Currency, if that's what you mean.

So yea... a Wayfarer Vendor NPC maybe, who will sell special items for a premium (Platinum). What they will offer to sell you will be determined (unlocked) by your total Ach. Points. For example, it would be awesome if dedicated, loyal, long time, completionist Players had a way to acquire stuff that is simply impossible to acquire anymore. Such as Old Beta awards, Awards from the old Recruit a Friend program, Fan Faire awards, old expansion bonus items that were only given 1-per Account and so on.
    Stymie, Ssdar and Angahran like this.
  10. Froglok Augur

The length of this checklist alone, would probably make this a no go. :)
    Ozon, Skuz and Jumbur like this.
  11. Froglok Augur

Maybe most of these are all ready covered via other (progression) achievements? And not all of them are an actual "key" or item. Many are "flags."
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, "keys" might be a bit too specific, Including "access-giving-flags", would certainly make sense. :)

Clickies like the one that pacify the guardians at the Ashengate-zone-in would also fit.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Froglok Augur

I like the idea of more Achievements to pursue. I suspect the Dev's are unaware of how generally popular Achievements are / can be. After all, not only do they award special loot items (i.e. bags, mounts, etc.), extra experience and provide a way to track progression, but they are also a way to find things to do.

With that said there are a good deal number of things in the game that have no Achievements.

Shrouds - Achievements for unlocking each Level of Shrouds, plus grouped achievements for getting them all to each Level, and a master achievement for getting them all to max level. These could, perhaps, use the Shroud window as a check.

Spells / Discs - Every class has spells / discs. How about an achievement for completing / acquiring every Rank I spell / disc for your class, for each Level. Then a higher level achievement for completing sets of spells / discs (every 5 Levels and / or each Expansion). After Level... 71 was it?... add similar Achievements for acquiring all Rank II spells / discs as well as Rank III spells / discs. There is all ready some sort of check in the game they could, perhaps, work off of (you can't mem or claim spells / discs you all ready have scribed).

Legends of Norrath -- Perhaps an achievement, by LoN set or Marketplace item, to acquire sets of items (by category)... Mounts, Illusions, Clicks, Familiars, Ping Packs, Ornamentations, Paintings and whatever other items they may offer. Players would need to posses the Prize Item or the actual item, and once possessed, the check mark would be permanent. You don't have to keep the items. This would benefit DB to some extent, as it would create an interest in the Marketplace LoN cards.

Language - An achievement & overall Master Achievement for getting languages to each Level (Awful to Master). These can work off of a Characters Skills window.

Tradeskill Recipes - Clearly they have a way, in game, to at least know how many recipes there are for each Tradeskill (due the Artisan's Prized and 350 Skills). So, how about starting with Achievement for learning varying amounts of learnable recipes for each Skill? Say, one for 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 95% & 100% of in-game recipes (by count)? With later / subsequent expansions adding similar expansion-only related achievements. While it is said that Players have not discovered every recipe in the game, there are on-line resources to aid in figuring out what recipes a Player may be missing. This could create a new Player movement to figure out those undiscovered recipes, as well. These can, perhaps utilize the device recipe lists to work off of.

Anniversary - There is an Anniversary Vendor that sells Anniversary items for Commemorative Coins. How about adding (by year) an Achievement for earning enough coin to buy the Mount(s), Illusion(s), Familiar(s), Pet Illusion(s) & Nimbus('s) from each year? It would certainly create greater interest in doing Anniversary missions.

Titles / Suffixes - There are loads of Titles. Most are all ready built in Achievements (as an Award). However, many are from the Marketplace... directly sold, or via LoN (see above)... so at least one Achievement can be created for that. Others are progression related, so the Achievement for those are built in.

Illusions - There are a lot of Illusions, other than from the Marketplace, LoN Cards (see above) or from Achievement Awards. How about achievements related to acquiring looted Illusions (not potions or limited charge ones, but the ones that can be key-ringed... rather your class can use them or not).

Mounts - There are a lot Mounts , other than from the Marketplace, LoN Cards or from Achievement Awards. How about achievements related to acquiring looted / vendor sold Mounts that can be key-ringed (not limited charge ones)? One for the Bazaar vendor, one for LoY and so forth?

Ornamentation Sets - There are Achievements all ready in place for the vast majority of Ornamentation sets. However, other than the Heritage Crate sets, Players can only get the Achievement for their Class-type (Plate, Chain, Cloth or Leather). However, every Class type can wear two different Ornament sets (Plate can wear, Leather can wear Cloth, etc.). Unfortunately, Plate class can get the Plate Achievement, but they can not get the Chain achievement... even though the Achievement is in-game and exists. The ornaments even say that they can be worn by Plate or Chain (in appearance). A Dev, once commented that this was in place so that Players that had no "reasonable" way to accomplish an Achievement, would not see said Achievement(s). So, rather than just "hide" the Achievement (as many are), they literally made them fully non-achievable to all but one class type. So... how about "unlocking" all Ornament achievements for everyone and then hide all those achievements? Like the Heritage Crate ornament sets and other achievements? Players would logically be aware the Achievements are there, as a standard, and that they just can't see them until they take a step towards completing them and / or actually complete them. And what about the "Old" ornament sets? They may be interchangeable, but they so have a different look and different name. How about Achievements for the "old" sets as well (i.e. Beryl and Old Beryl). You literally have to equip ornaments for the Achievements, so if you can't equip an ornament, you will not see the related achievement. If you can, then you can also complete the Achievement.

Overseer - Why not have Achievements for Overseer? One for acquiring all of each type of Agent (rare iconic, elite iconic, common, uncommon, uncommon iconic)? For getting each Stat ("Progress") category progressed (for each level and to max, overall)? For completing, successfully, varying amounts (counts) of Quests (25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1,000...)? For varying amounts of critical quest successes? The Overseer has a Stat tab these achievements can work off of.

Merc AA's: We have AA Achievements for our Characters, how about AA Achievements related to Merc AA's?

Before it is said, Achievements related to the Marketplace all ready exist. LoN cards can be acquired free each month (if you chose to do so) and / or or the items can be acquired via other Players. Otherwise, you can freely chose to pursue the Marketplace related Achievements, or not.

Most all of these can fit in the General or Tradeskill Achievement Categories, imo.

As for the Achievement awards? Well, Achievement Points and new Titles seem a clear go. Anything else might be a hard sell, unless it is related to some sort of boost or bonus or unlock of some kind.
    Ssdar likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is an awesome idea. If for no other reason, to let you know what you may be missing. I keep saying I'm going to go in and make a list of whatever rank 2s I may be missing. Been saying it for a long time, it still hasn't happened ;) Mostly because I'd have to be in-game to do it, and since I don't play all that much, if I'm in game, I'm not gonna be doing that!
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

/outputfile missingspells

The command exists in game to save you hours checking. This also will tell you if you have rk1 but are missing rk2 same with rk2 and missing rk3
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Awesome, thanks! Must have been introduced during one of my not-infrequent breaks from EQ :)
  17. Viper1 Augur

Every Hunter achievement should have at least 1 NPC that uses the same system that SoV Vaniki did.
    Ssdar likes this.