We need our own unique Pick Zones already.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dlovin2, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Rauven Augur

This is probably one of the most sensible responses in this thread. Some zones do need a look at their minimums. But I would do it by a case by case basis. The zones are pretty easily split by 'camps' and each 'camp' is a 6 man group. If you have 3 of these then the limit could be around 20 players (need some wiggle room for solo'ers and such).

But many zones don't even need this. What normally happens is you get a group of 6 players and 2-4 of them are afk at a time. This means the puller and the tank (in many cases they are one in the same) are doing all the dmg. The kill speed drops and the ability to clear the area goes down the toilet.

This should mean more mobs, right? Sort of. What happens is those mobs get picked up by others, either other groups in camps, or by whomever is passing by (especially if there's been a named up for the last 10 minutes). So then the people in this afk group get ticked off because there's no mobs for them to kill when they do come back from afk and they complain about it in general chat and in the forums.

If you're not afk, and you're killing swiftly and get the mobs locked down. You can get a ton of exp and loot. If you don't, then others get it instead. Making new picks won't help this. And lets be honest, getting your own zone isn't going to help either, if you're afk. You've got to be at your computer to get the benefit anyway.

Having leveled a few characters on Mischief, the amount of AFKs in PUG is at a pretty unreasonable level. And I'm not talking about the random, "Oh I need a bio break," or "I need a drink real quick." Its the ones who join a group, and not even 5 minutes in, disappear without a word, and don't come back except to maybe cast a buff or send in pet once in a while. They aren't actually afk, they're likely at the computer but tabbed out or looking at a TV watching netflix or hulu or something.

Tanks and pullers don't get to do this. Healers don't sometimes either. But I've seen them let tanks die from unannounced afk as well. It'd be nice if most dps did more dps then their tanks. Exp would come faster and there'd be more loot for everyone overall.
  2. Grasamo Journeyman

I don't get the nostalgia for drama. There's enough drama in every day life.