Hardcore TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eenin, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Eenin New Member

This would include corpse runs and coin weight. It would also have the same rules as the Mischief server with true box active. I've also considered the idea of one random item being lootable per player corpse w/ advl loot system rights belonging to the person/group who contributed the most to a PC death(s).
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wrong forum to post this in really, but corpse runs are one of those core gameplay things that are not going to be implimented due to the code being shared with live & the other TLP servers.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can see the petitions already, players making an expensive purchase only to turn around and lose that same item after they get killed. Seems like a great way for some players to make quick money, sell items and steal them back by killing the person who bought them.
  4. Tucoh Augur

We need a permadeath server. With no death touch.

With a permanent account boost for getting to 50 and killing innoruuk and cazic thule.
    JimBob likes this.
  5. JimBob Elder Lorekeeper

I kind of like this idea. Just original EQ. Whoever makes it to level 50 and kills all raid bosses within a six month time frame gets a LoN item of their choice. And of course, drop the death touch mechanics. The challenge? You can only make one character per account and that one character only has one life... You die and you are out. I might actually give that sort of server a run.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Hardcore works in Diablo fine, Not so much in EQ where you have to rely on others to keep your toon alive. One healers runs to get a soda and your done? I pass
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Haha! You just sold it to me. I've never played a cleric before, but I would just for that power.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Guys, you can't allow sodas on a Hardcore server, who would even make that ridiculous ruleset? No sodas, no urinating (these rules complement each other, you'll thank me later), no blinking, no loot (distractions bad). That is the only Hardcore server ruleset that could work.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Clerics would be pretty miserable on a permadeath server. Would be hard to choose anything but a class with a lot of good escape tools like FD, succor etc.
  10. Tucoh Augur

It's a terrible idea and a fun thought experiment. With full corpse looting and higher xp rates it'd be an interesting dynamic but the game is just too boring.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

That could be fun too. God guys, sorry for the bad pull!
  12. Zarkdon Augur

Nah you just gotta get creative. There is a lot of entertainment value in that ruleset.
  13. Febb Augur

Yes and all NPC's are kos. You have your spell book in your face all the time, can't get rid of it and run backwards.
  14. quakedragon Augur

This server sounds just like traditional EQ.
    They can make all the TLP servers they want, but EQ is more than just starting without any expansions and slowing going into expansions.
    There was coin weight, there was no quick mana regen, so many other little things too, and last but not least, there was the factor that not everyone knew everything.

You know where to farm now, you know what to work on now, its no more "hey why we here, this place I been to is better, wanna try?" "how far" "not far" "okay! lets go"
    I'm gonna use this rusty scimitar because it looks cool, so it must be better than this normal short sword.
    People going through TLP aren't dumb anymore, they overly smart, so kind of takes away the fun factor.