VP key parts almost great...almost.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Jun 23, 2021.

1. TheGoblin Elder

Having the mobs drop 3-5 key parts each kill is amazing! This is how it should be. Great job on that change. Will make VP keying a...oh...wait...ground spawns still once a hour? And can be warped to?

Well, almost there. Any chance we can get Swamp and Kaesora key spawns looked at to compete with the mob drops now?

(credit /bobbybick)
    Bobbybick likes this.
  2. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Looks like you'll have to work for a few pieces.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Get the ground spawn parts from the other areas. They aren't all the same pieces.
  4. TheGoblin Elder

Not sure what you mean. The Swamp and Kaesora spawns are once per 50 mins and whiel random in a small area, there is still only 1 per 50 min and has been already warped to and auto clicked up by people as soon as it spawns.
  5. Nyvlag Elder

Fixed that for you.
    Ruhi likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There used to be just 1 spawn location for the swamp they added 2 other locations, they also reduced the respawn timers on them.
    I don't recall if they added a couple of additional locations for Kaesora but if you dig around the patch notes the changes were listed out.

It's massively easier now, even if it does still require putting in some effort/time.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

World records are at stake here. Can you expect anything less than trying to achieve every imaginable edge over the fierce competition?
  8. bardybard Augur

Why would quest drops like medallions be randomized?
  9. TheGoblin Elder

They are. Kill a rotting skeleton and you can get Bloodgill, AJ, KV Remains, Pained soul and Rotting parts all at once. All VP key mobs drop between 3-5 parts each kill.
  10. Nyvlag Elder

That's Mischief, baby!
  11. wade_watts Augur

As others said - the drops seem randomized. I've gotten ground spawn pieces from VX for example.
  12. Trevalon Augur

I think you missed what he said. The ground spawns are not random, and are droppable. So people are exploiting and insta warping to the ground spawn when it pops then going and selling them and then doing it again. You can't compete with instant warp/pickup unless you cheat yourself.

It doesnt matter its not gonna get changed, but still its dumb.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well the warping needs to be addressed, so just keep reporting the warpers I guess.
  14. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Staring at the ground with a dozen other people, for hours at a time, is primo game play.

Real innovation.

Can we get devs that actually played this game before?
    wade_watts likes this.
  15. Montag Augur

Ground spawns on 5 minute timers instead of 50.

duh it isnt hard
  16. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

I do find it quite entertaining that they've traded auto clicker for SEQ/warping (haven't personally seen the latter but I can believe it happens) with the variable spawn location implementation. This is progress?

Related advice for the future: do your VP key early and you'll have a much easier go of it. Number of people socking ground spawns has 10x'd over the past 3 days.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well if people warp you can record that so you should. The game admins don't do too much but warping in front of bunch of people has been punished in the past... it wasn't timely but it has happened. The odds are not in your favor of course which is why there is so much forum posting about the hacks.
  18. Piznut Angry Gnome

In all honesty, the fact that the dev's haven't made ground spawns a 5-10 minute respawn shows how out of touch they are.

When you're only in Kunark for 2 months, there's no point in ridiculous bottlenecks. VP loot is already dropping from everything, might as well just make it easier to get access so people can see and enjoy the content.
    wade_watts and Stymie like this.
  19. kthehammy Elder

When the only way to get a ground spawn is to either buy it with krono from the cheaters or cheat yourself it really needs an another adjustment.
    wade_watts likes this.
  20. Hypatia New Member

I got the VP key done without any 3rd party software just go there first day Kunark launches and not straight to leveling boom done. May be 3 or 4 people smart enough to be there.