[Feature] /hide and/or /ignore jesters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

The title says it all.
    It would be great to be able to /ignore jesters or even /hide them completely.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

or /shoot the person popping them
    Stymie, Aanuvane, Angahran and 3 others like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Torture first please. A quick end would be too kind.
  4. ranjaboy New Member

See, PvP does have some practical benefits.....
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

Do they fall under familiars, cause if they do, can we get a /hidemodels familiars or something to get all of them hidden, please?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, there is no way to get rid of them or block them or their spam over and over. Every 30 seconds.

They will poof when the owner zones.

At least make them unable to be used in the guild lobby.

I have actually hunted down who the jester belonged to one time (it took some doing cause it does not leave an icon on the caster) and read them the riot act. They left the lobby.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I love the free mana from jesters.

I think we just need the name of the bread and wine spells for block buff.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Jesters are an effective counter to people who cast huge illusions (or have many boxes) and block doorways/NPCs/TS containers but block buff shrink spells.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah that mana is beneficial in the guild lobby. Not. This is what most of us are talking about.

And the bread and wine is not annoying like the stupid jokes. Those are point blank spam. Over and over.

If your in a group or other circumstance perhaps they are as useful as they were 20 years ago. But not in the lobby where everyone gathers and all sorts of spells/buffs are getting cast. We don't need this to add to the lag in there with the same jokes every 30 second endlessly.

Chaotic Jester should have "in group" effects only
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The ability to put in check the dude that puts his 16 boxes on PoK Small Bank platform or top of the Guild Lobby magus outweighs the miniscule spam and lag produced by jester jokes.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

The entire tradeskill/crafting area, between Dogle Pitt (small bank) and Caden (parcel guy) needs to have an aura that shrinks people, de-mounts, and logs off AFK players after 72 hours (or preferably a lot sooner). Sometimes running around there is a struggle due to the pile of players that congregate and spam their powerleveling services every exactly-30 minutes.
    Coagagin and Warpeace like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Glad I am not on your servers :D You guys need to go to the big bank and use the parcel guy and tradeskill vendors there. Yea its a few more steps

Unfortunate that there is no way we can get away from it in the lobby

But bottom line there is no need to argue we all want it curtailed in some way, shape or form.
  13. Conq Augur

I got hate tells once from shrinking everyone between Dogle and the Gerta with my shaman box(shaman can AA shrink out of group), but Jester might do the same?? Oh boy, what could 6 jesters do for folks in PoK??
    Conq
    Accipiter likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

I'd actually consider paying daybreak cash for a clicky with the shaman shrink that was all/all!
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Huh. TIL.
  16. Sagarmatha Augur

See what happens when you give everyone Veteran AAs? Madness.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Counter but not an overly effective one since it can take quite some time for them to cast shrink. In any case not really a reason not to be able to block them.

Better answer is reduce the collision box on big illusions. I have yet to be blocked from anything by a large number of toons but your experience may differ.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Let people enjoy their toys in PoK/ect.

If they're doing it in a group or raid zone the group or raid has a method to deal with that.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What gives you the right to harass someone about a jester? Sure they are annoying but they have every right to use them in the lobby just like you have every right to stay AFK for long periods of time in the lobby. The lobby wasn't meant for players to stay online and afk for hours/days at a time and there is no reason to change gameplay just so that they don't have to deal with jesters.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hey now, slow down your horses and back off. You were not there. It was between the other player and myself and it was him casting the jester every time I would log into the lobby. He was using it as a tool to harass me and that is the main reason I do not like the jesters and would like to see them limited.

SMH