A Community Update from EG7’s CEO and Founder, Robin Flodin

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

So we could potentially end up with the 4Game launcher and the Planetside 2 engine. I guess we'll see how the launcher does, as that's probably coming first.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  2. Orangemilk New Member

I don't come by the forums often, but this led me to read around for a few hours. I don't see any mention of JChan mentioning client upgrades. Is this publicized information?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

JChan during a stream with former Lead Designer of EverQuest Shawn Lord - check out this link - has advised players to move to 64 bit systems/OS because EQ will be moving to 64 bit "eventually".

While that move didn't at that time have a schedule it will happen, she went on to estimate it probably taking around a year for a full time engineer to do the work on that, and since she is an experienced EQ coder herself she probably has a better grasp of the work involved than most.

There are no current publicly shared plans in place to upgrade the client to 64-bit, but it will need to happen eventually to secure the long term future of EQ.

The past 2 EG7 investor presentations indicated that EG7 are going to invest in DayBreak upgrading their games to bring them up to modern standards:
    • LoTRO is slated to receive graphical & system updates to help it capitalise on the increased interest in the IP that will be generated by an in-production Streaming series being made by Amazon.
    • DCUO is also slated to get a graphical update.
    On top of that those presentations stated there will be 5+ upgrades & new versions of existing DayBreak games which probably means EQ will be getting some improvements among other titles.
    Kakgumu, RPoo, Orangemilk and 3 others like this.