Overseer quests not giving any merc AA experience

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PaulieIrish, Jun 24, 2021.

1. PaulieIrish Journeyman

I've been doing Overseer quests for past two weeks and I'm not getting any merc experience, even though the quest reward says I should be getting experience for my merc AA.

Is this broken?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

You have to have your merc out to get the merc xp. If it's suspended when you claim the reward, you get nothing.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

It's misleading text, as mentioned above it requires your merc to be out to receive the stated exp

Unlike the specific merc exp option which iirc does not require a merc to be out
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah when Overseer is giving you just Merc AAXP the way the system does that lets it work even when a merc is suspended.
    When it is giving you a combined player XP and Merc AA reward it can't give you the merc aaxp unless the merc is unsuspended. It would be nice if it did but that is feedback rather than a bug and to change it likely would require coding time.

Have lost merc AAXP plenty of times from forgetting to unsuspend the merc when claiming the dual reward myself :(
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I didn't even know this was a thing. So how do you end up with Merc exp without picking the Merc exp option? Higher tier quests? Specific types?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When you claim experience as the reward there is also a merc aa xp reward alongside it.

For example Gather Garlic as an uncommon level 1, 6 hr crafting type overseer mission will award something like 0.37% character XP and 2.01% of a mercenary AA
    (a critical success awards more).

To see the values you need to click on the reward section in the window as in the image below:

[IMG]
    Niskin likes this.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Well... s**t. Now I have to keep a closer eye on that. Thanks!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just did a few, and based on what I see from that, I probably wasted 20-40 merc AA's per character over the last few months. I mean sometimes my merc is up, but I usually suspend them before I log and don't pop them if I'm just logging in for Overseer. The few I did today were giving 29-38% of a merc AA per quest.

Glad I know now, but what a waste.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Conq Augur

That's news to me, Skuz. I had no idea one had to have a merc summoned to get those merc xp's. Thank you. I'm not going to summon one, but that's good info. I get a kick out of having hundreds of merc AA's having never summoned one, once.
    Conq
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

After 110, if you choose the standard xp reward option, the merc xp portion will be DRAMATICALLY more than than the merc xp only option. At 115 and the right tasks, with critical successes, you can easily get 6-10 merc AA a day...probably more.
    Riou, Niskin and menown like this.
  11. PaulieIrish Journeyman

Thanks all. I also have wasted tons for merc AA points thanks to this :(
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Now that I know it ramps up over 110, this estimate was probably a bit high. Still, sucks not to have known.