Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Transferboi New Member

does no one remember the combine server ect? there are so many examples of clearing time in rag gear
  2. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

They also appear to glossing over my original Motm example from the Ragefire server, litteral post about how queen bee in sky did more dps then Fennin ro. PRE DEFENSIVE

the games not hard, defensive is op.

Duel wielding Xygoz original Motm, b4 they broke it up nurfed it and put it motm12 and 3
  3. Kahna Augur

Those are not the same mobs we are fighting on today's TLPs.
  4. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

If its time specific it is, motm is 0 % in pop, buff is there just to prevent memblur past lucin
  5. Lejaun Augur

Heh heh. I love these kinds of threads, where we all talk about how awesome we are at the game and how much harder it used to be and how bad everyone else is at the game.

"Back in my days of EQ, we had to walk uphill in the snow both ways !"
  6. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

Its like any other mmo, seemed hard being the pioneers, but to much time has passed and the characters are passively stronger.

wow classic tbc for example. Too much knowledge

You can literally dps Saryn so hard that it completely skips the sorrowsong part and she is unkillable. And any other Script event. Bertoxx trash ect....
  7. Gremin Augur

Can not compare a non MotM server to current MotM servers. Totally different beasts.

PoP has MotM IV and its 10% still. LDoN is the first expansion with no MotM, and GoD is when classic MotM goes away and then every 2 expansions after the next expansion loses MotM.

Lack of guilds is a symptom of the loot style on that server. I certainly would not want that headache, and I am positive a lot of others do not either. Real raiding does not start happening anyways until Luclin imo.
  8. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

Even if i am mistaken with pop being 10 % instead of 0. If that is hindering you at this point its lolable.

instead of a mob hitting for 2k it hits for 2200 (vp dragon) 3k 3300 ect

You could compare if both were 0 % as the example given above. i still argue you can with only 10 % when you are at that level.

It was even said a tank re activated and brought in for a split did just fine in velious quest gear/kunark gear with no raid gear or even aa's bc i put in a krono to make it happen.

Defensive is OP Mobs die super quick, enuff to bug out script events you have to hold back. even with not up to par gear for the expan

you realize vp dragons hit for 2200, harder with prenurf motm Naggy 1400 Bee 2700 id have to dig out old logs to find every boss mob.

compare to Vallon Zek hits for a max 3,000; Single target rampages (mitigated to ~2,000). He casts the following spells: now yeah you gata add his procs
  9. Celestian Elder

I'm guessing you didnt read my post.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Sorry to hear the newer TLPs aren't living up to the initial hype.

I too was hyped to the max when they were announced, but the longer I thought about the server the more I realised that raiding for gear only to be on equal terms with some whale that dropped a bunch of plat/krono in the tunnel/bazaar took away a lot of that enthusiasm.

I'm sure that's great for casuals but for more hardore players it does put a bit of a damper on any sense of accomplishment from putting in the time to get gear, knowing somebody else can just buy better.

I decided to stick it out on Aradune, continue raiding and do content that I've never really done in era, everyone says Gates of Discord (post retune) and Omens of War are fantastic raiding expacs and I'm looking forward to them.

If Mischief/Thornblade aren't doing it for you anymore, feel free to come back to or start over on Aradune, you've got another couple of weeks of PoP + 2 months of LDoN to get caught up before the real fun starts.

Or remain on your pay2win servers, each to their own.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Maybe you shouldn't judge yourself so much on what others have. Even on No Drop servers, there will still be players with better gear than you, and just because you have better gear than someone else doesn't make you a better player.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Also, the whales are on every server. They just buy No Drop loot rights instead of tradeable items.
  13. Atomos Augur

Lucky for me, I never look at what other people have, because I don't care. Also, all EQ servers are P2W servers, you can buy benefits like EXP pots, inventory space, and Kronos to sell (AKA Platinum for gear and PLs) on every server. And those things happen on every server, no matter which one you're playing on.

I actually bought my first item on Mischief today, it was some crafted jewelry that I got cheaper because I traded him the gems needed to make it. Everything else I've won in groups or raids. And that is the way I intend to keep on playing. I'll buy something (with platinum that I earned by myself in-game, legitimately) if I get unlucky or impatient or decide my character really needs the improvement. If anyone else wants to buy and sell Krono to gear their character or get PLed, that has no effect on me or the way I am playing.

P2W is a standard MMO practice now that ain't goin anywhere anytime soon. And that is coming from someone who has never and will never utilize it.
  14. Kahna Augur

Oh the servers are absolutely living up to the hype, and I give zero you know whats about who else is wearing what gear and how they got it. These are still the most enjoyable servers I have ever played on. I am just wondering where the guilds are. It seems everyone just went to Faceless for the ease of play. That is fine, it won't last forever. I have a feeling other folks are right and small, skilled guilds will form up more around Luclin/PoP. Which is when you need a few more folks.

I have paid nothing, and I am definitely winning, on several characters. It is far more enjoyable than Aradune ever was. Not that I hated Aradune, but it was just more of the same old same old. I'm always excited to see what Yael will drop, and I can't remember the last time I could say that. I'm looking forward to seeing what we are going to be able to do in Kunark.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

Lol....we've cleared every boss in classic and "beat" EQ, and have everything on farm in split raids :p Not sure what you're talking about. DKP is great, spend it on what you want, get it by being there, hard to beat it as far as fair goes.
  16. Kahna Augur

There are a fraction of the guilds on this server than other servers, fewer choices for folks. I dislike split raiding and huge guilds, not my cup of tea, but there aren't many other choices.

I don't mind DKP, or GDKP, don't know where you got that I had a problem with it.
  17. Green_Mage Augur

A lot of people aren't even finished leveling one month in other TLPs. If nothing was different, I would expect the guild situation to be more sparse atm then two months from now. But there are two key differences

1) Raid loot is worth money -- it was basically worthless in EQ original until this server.

2) This not anyone's first rodeo

Taken together you get a lot of people that are intelligent enough to just trade raid gear for krono -- even if there goal is to have a top geared character in Luclin/PoP. It's no longer "smart" to get really good raid items really early in era and then use them.

Think about what this does to guild competition among top guilds... It kind of destroys the idea that getting some BiS on your raiders is gonna give you an advantage somehow.

So why bother? Why even start a different guild at all? You can just raid with hardcores and not deal with getting a bunch of casual bodies to fill you raids. Just get krono for now. We'll see how things work out once this is no longer true. But honestly, it could last until GoD.
  18. Rauven Augur

Gearing in PoP was the easiest it ever was to that point. Its why a bunch of RPers who were keyboard turning and mouse clicking their spells to cast were able to raid on Fironia Vie. As I said, I was there in 2004 and helped people get geared.

Hell when I played on Agnarr and logged in my rogue (I stopped just prior to Kunark, then came back after PoP finally unlocked) I had people gift me some stuff and I got upgrades that nearly filled in every slot with PoP stuff within 2-3 days. And it wasn't even open trade.

I have no clue why you think that on mischief, PoP is going to be this crazy hardcore thing. It wasn't when it released, and its never been that way on TLP. As others have attested, its a casual expansion.
  19. Machen New Member

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said you can't beat pop in bronze. That's the only comment I've made.

It's not hard, but you do need some gear to beat Time. And not just a few pieces of tier 1 group gear.

Or a lot of glyphs.
  20. Komodon Augur

Being a free trade loot server, that without any loot decay will undoubtfully just end up seeing a large % of the non-chase item variety loot and the endless amount of non-bis options get large scale farmed into lower value flood-the-market oblivion...you could also of course point out why anybody would believe or even bother presenting this as ever realistically being an expected outcome possibility to begin with?

Make a few isolated and smaller scale investments in a couple of Warriors that need to hold agro and stay upright as needed. Sell high on everything else while making it an overall priority to exploit the smaller upfront time period windows while the higher value buy demand on a lot of stuff is still there. Wait to buy in yourself latter once that overall demand as a whole predictably crashes and while still going into the next expansion having seen many of those supporting toons having filled out those non hypothetical empty slots with actual in era gear that ended up being stupid cheap on the back end. Since like...why wouldn't they? Everything still dies, and a large amount of overall gear progression still happens. Rinse and repeat.

Not exactly a rocket science formula there :)