Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Xanathol Augur

You guys wiped to open world Vox (or Naggy - forget which) with over 90 ppl. That's called a zerg.
  2. Gnomie Denser than most

There used to be a progress site for each TLP; but I guess they stopped doing it for this one.

That being said, guilds will change drastically as the TLP evolves. New guilds will form, others will fade away.

I'm content with my current guild, we've cleared all the content in Classic (Even one shotted Bee's with ~60 people) without being too try hard. I also know a lot of the guys from when we played together on Coirnav. The guild lasted pretty much until SoF, until the server generally collapsed down to 1 guild due to natural attrition.
  3. bardybard Augur

Maybe you should play one different server, plenty of them out there with a more standard ruleset.
  4. Kahna Augur

The problem I have with FIV is not a personality problem it is a math problem. You have too many random people. Why even be in a guild, why not just invite whoever happens to be around at the time you start raids. Also, why would I raid in classic with a huge guild and pay money for drops when I can raid with 10 folks and get the same drops without spending a dime. I have several dragon/god drops already and what we couldn’t use got sold off. Yeah I might not have as much plat from splits, but my loot costs nothing so I don’t need plat. That will continue through Kunark. After that I don’t mind the idea of GDKP, but not in a massive guild. Your quality control is lacking. If FIV wasn’t a mindless horde and actually becomes a guild with few enough people that you can actually get to know the folks you raid with every night I would be willing to look at them.
  5. Ash W. New Member

People came to the new servers to get rich? I came here because i knew that wouldnt be a thing on Thornblade/Mischief lol.
  6. Iyacc Augur

You can easily roll into PoP with very little true raid gear. Not saying it isn't easier with Luclin stuff, etc. because obviously it is but it's fairly easy to do. We did that on Mangler when we moved over from Selo a few weeks before PoP opened. We did a few Luclin/Velious raids just for giggles and took our time levelling to max to be ready for Planes.

It took us a week and a half or two weeks to flag into elementals and start farming for gear coverage. We weren't as quick as better geared guilds but with 3 or 4 months of PoP/LDoN a couple extra Time clears isn't that huge.

7. Celestian Elder

Like the server, not the guild's GDKP. Why would I change server when I can just change guild?

Being able to hand off gear to other friends is great. Letting everyone FFA bid on stuff they can't even use and not give it to guildmates? Not my style.
  8. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

Hah, long past are those days. Most gear ends up in the tunnel, in game or not. Ask faceless how many cloaks they have looted and still have. It’s less than 5.

Games full of people who need the krono to purchase one hour at a motel room to shower bc they can’t afford a water bill.

Is just what these tlps have become.
  9. Sycopata Elder

You cant zerg AoC, the only zerg content are the badphones, and this happens alwais in each server, and each guild who manage to dominate this part of the game are: "the evil guild". The true are, there are space for each type of guild on this game, find your one, or create your ideal one. But respect the succeful ones, why manage a guild are a pain, and requiere alot dedication.
  10. Machen New Member

The only way you could push to planes of power in bronze would be by tanks glyphing every fight. Most of the pop bosses past t1/t2 would one round a tank wearing bronze.
  11. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

I’ve personally tanked time in velious quest gear, just a boc and epic

Motm is 0% in pop, original motm classic mobs were harder. Not the motm we have now, ragefire motm

Needed the tank in splits kunark/velious quest
  12. Machen New Member

Lol. Raiding with a full raid because it is hard to do with 24 is the very definition of zerg. No need to be embarrassed by the term, you think zerg raiding is more fun and that's fine.
  13. Machen New Member

There is a huge difference between velious gear and bronze.

And motm is not 0% in pop.

And I very seriously doubt you successfully tanked fights like Tallon or Rallos in Potime with motm in any real quantity of kunark gear. If you are rocking mostly luclin gear with a few pieces of kunark/velious, that's not in the ballpark of what Rauven suggested was possible.
  14. Rauven Augur

Not even.

You could get into PoP with just rags, grab the T1 gear from random stuff that is not only one-groupable, but soloable by some classes. And you've got gear that rivals that of previous expansions. I would know, because I did that with a few characters when PoP first released.
  15. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

Did fine and look up the info, was harder and had to take our time.

Also again original classic ragefire motm mobs hit harder than pop mobs.
  16. bardybard Augur

Then don't join the GDKP guild and find one that suits your playstyle better?
  17. Kahna Augur

A guild with 700 people is a zerg. Doesn't matter how many you can bring in the DZs, definitions evolve, especially for something as volatile as gaming vocabulary. If that is how you like to play, own it. I don't think they are evil. I won't join them as they aren't the right fit for me. I never said they were bad. I think they are just an impersonal mob, maybe that is a better term for you than Zerg, though they really do mean the same thing in this context.
  18. Machen New Member

You're not gearing out a tank sufficiently to tank t3/t4 that way unless you take months. Much less a whole guild of tanks.
  19. Transferboi New Member

i think you think this game is harder than what it is, it dosnt get somewhat challenging till like underfoot.
  20. Sycopata Elder

You cant survive a CH rotation, if your priests have not enought maná pool or your DPS no kill the mob enought fast, or your tank have not enought HP to survive a quad hit. Stop ask about how you can kill all with bronze amor, this just happens if you are outleveling the content, or DPS Racing It With several guilds.