Plane of Mischief needs to return to Live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the original Plane of Mischief return to the game? It was a very fun zone and not something that many get to experience these days.

Thank you
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Apparently the data for the original zone is not in a form the current server code can use or something.

It would probably have to be rebuilt from scratch.

Would players prefer a remade mischief (that's probably useless for current levels) over an actual new zone?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A remade PoM could be fun added as a new zone, a lot of players have expressed a desire for a revamped version - even if that revamp was built to replicate the original version but for current live server's max level.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think it has something to do with overwriting the zones when they got a revamp. Same with a lot of the old halloween events.
  5. Astral64 Augur

TLPs get the old version of PoM minus a couple NPCs until the revamp happens.

You can collect all the cards and make items with them just like before.

The missing NPCs make card farming slightly harder but there are no missing cards or quest items.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That's good to hear, maybe they will give us a higher level version of the old zone sometime soon.
  7. Sobmre Augur

90% of people who want old pom back just want the clicky flowers. maybe its best just to readd the flower clickys in a new quest or something
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Well noone ever solved all the original quest from in the zone so if they could just make all the original quest stuff drop again that would be all most people would want.

The legs with clicky port to misty are probably wanted more than the flowers too.
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

At this point a new zone in an expansion that retained the old drops. Bristlebane and the Plane of Mischief with various planes tied to him would be a fun expansion.
  10. Sobmre Augur

they did that in the house of thule, no thanks it sucked.......... a hardcore POM would be better
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If the devs have time, they could recreate the original quests(Im guessing they are described in a design-document somewhere) and release a hardcore heritage version(upscaled mobs and rewards) for next april-fools day.

I have never been in POM, so it would feel like new content to me. :)
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

You really should at least go explore the zone. It is by far the best zone in EQ. It takes alot of the old school classic oneway maze zones and puts them on a completely new level.

What is really cool if you have never been in the zone is try to explore it with no maps and see how far you can get in it. Back in the day when I first explored the zone I had no maps for it and it was great to explore cause if I remember right the original zone only a few mobs were kos most everything was not so you could explore safely without invs (given I may be wrong about this been a long time since i have been in the original version).
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  13. Gnomereaper Augur

You mean something similar to the Sebilis update, except an entire zone with new mechanics and puzzles.
  14. Bardy McFly Augur

Ironically I was just in PoM a couple days ago for the enchanter 2.0 epic drop. I had forgotten what hell it was to manage to get to the maze area. So many invisible passages, so many random items on walls or tables that needed to be clicked that weren't even obvious they were clickable. I think the only place I hate navigating as much as PoM is Skyshrine.

But the zone is really fun outside the horrible navigation.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Isn't there a PoM mission, I'm thinking it might be anniversary, but not sure.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Up, up, left, back, right. (OK, I made that up.)
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

A couple years back they had the cards dropping during April Fools. I kept checking the past couple years but it seems like it was a one year only thing.
  18. Bardy McFly Augur

I also tried the Konami Code. No dice.
    Accipiter likes this.