Vaniki

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or perhaps they could spend their time more wisely on things that will matter to many more people than some trivial hunter achievement.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Honestly I am surprised this thread is even still going. I was expecting to just post it and check responses for fun once or twice. I never expected it to reach even 2 pages but it looks like people do care enough about it that they are posting stuff.
  3. Sindace Elder

122 would start when the Vaniki was killed, not when it spawned. The other timers would continue on with their own timer unaffected by another spawn points spawn. I've never heard of two Vaniki being up at same time, other nameds seem to max at one being up. If no one killed him for 100 hours then yes there would be another chance from the other 4 in 22 more hours.

30 hours after server up Vaniki dying seems rather unlikely especially if you're looking for him. More likely if it was 3-12 hours but 30 is too far out so Vaniki would've been up for ages at that point.
  4. Sindace Elder

It's already been explained by a dev linked in this thread. But that's not good enough apparently /shrug
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Since you have been it's deluded driving force...

The mechanics have been explained ad infinitum. Read them again and pay attention. Yet, you don't like them and keep posting and posting. Your like an annoying child who keeps asking, "Are we there yet, are we there yet...".

You have now become the second person that I have put on ignore. Your just not worth it. Your not that good, or important.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You're the one who has been posting the most in this thread.

This thread has reached a level of absurdity I've never seen on these forums with you throwing out accusations of people lying or using cheats because of a 20 year old spawn. Just let it go, dude.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Well when I get bored with responding to what you guys are writing I will stop. I find it fun responding cause if most of the people are who I think they are in game what you are writing makes it fun for me to respond to them.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sooo...
    Were you the one that killed Vaniki on Vox, or what that someone else? You mentioned paying tons of krono for a chance to kill it, and I gave you an avenue to only pay for two server xfers to get it done (and who knows what else you could have checkmarked off while on Vox). Heck, I would have even invited you to my guild so you could have gotten there quickly.
    At this point, if you didn't take up the opportunity that was there, you are just throwing spaghetti against the wall and seeing what sticks...which isn't much.
    Yinla and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

I quit playing when I posted this thread so I can't log back on and transfer to vox etc.

This hunter achievement may not cause anyone else to quit the game but it may be something DEVs want to keep an eye on cause alot of the people who may come back and play could get pissed by stuff most don't care about but at the same time new stuff isn't likely to get new people to play (any new MMO players are likely to go to new games like WoW not try something old like EQ) but new changes could piss off classic players who try to start playing again.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea vaniki is just one of those unique mobs i wouldnt quit over it. Its a good thing they dont have some chase item tied to Scarslayer achievement. When i want to try vaniki ill just park a ranger near the spot and just log on once in awhile otherwise i will go crazy lol.

Andarriel
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Sure, us really bad people who tried to help you on day one of your nonsense rants in general chat. Full of people who have had to listen to you go on endlessly when you clearly do not understand or refuse to understand how it works. Full of people who are tired of your baseless accusations because you are being purposely obtuse. Also, some of the fine folks here who have posted they killed it, amongst others on Luclin aren't even in TR. Thankfully, most people I think see through your messages as it is but I'd appreciate it if you would kindly stop talking about my people.

Play, Don't play. Complain about Vaniki, don't complain about Vaniki. You do you. Vaniki can be a nuisance but its hardly impossible. Best of luck.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So the not-so-subtle point of this thread is to drag a good guild's name through the mud? (There's gonna be good and not-so-good people in any organization, frankly; but it's very nearly improbable to have some guild- or server-wide conspiracy that borders on paranoia).

Adetia herself suggested here that Vaniki be an optional checkmark. You can't get any more sympathetic and constructive than that.

My advice to Cloud: read a good book on mindfulness and practice meditation. It will knock out a bunch of the issues you've expressed and manifested in this thread.
    Kialya likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

What I and my girlfriend did to get Vaniki:

Set a ranger there with tracking and once we figured the time checked periodically.

Had a druid or wizard bound there for teleport bind.

Vaniki popped and as fast as possible got to PoK so the wizard or druid could port there

Not easy but doable
    Bardy McFly and Nennius like this.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

All the information you told me is online... It wasn't any help. Knowing that it has a chance to spawn once every 122 hours doesn't help when you don't know the last time it spawned... All you guys ever really said was hey we killed it the other day but never even gave an exact time on when TR killed it.

You talk like you know the exact time when all 5 phes may spawn but that your entire guild joined a raid to get the hunter kill for him. So your entire guild is just a troll right? I mean you track all 5 spawn times on purpose just so you can stop other people on the server from getting the achievement cause you guys clearly have the achievement for everyone.

You can say your guild is not full of trolls but based on the feedback from tons of other people who were friends before the servers merged and you existed on the same server have not had happy interactions with you guys. Who knows maybe you guys think your being helpful when you are being the opposite and you just have trouble seeing it.

You guys have a reputation over the years and before I started playing again I had never been on a server that had to deal with you guys but honestly after some of my dealings with you guys it just added to the why do I want to deal with this, I have other games I can play. Not all of you guys are bad some of your people have been nice, but more than not your just arrogant jerks.

IL is about the same I love alot of the people in that guild and had great times over the years but I was talking with some of the other former members of the guild and we had similar options.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Ok, since you went there, here we go:

1. If it was all available to you, then you are just choosing to ignore that folks tried to help you understand when you very clearly did not from your first rants. Would you have preferred that people bickered, taunted or tortured you instead? Maybe I should have just instead come to the boards and posted that you were openly admitting to hacking in channels? I know that at a minimum myself (admittedly on another toon so you probably don't realize that) and Tharkis reached out to you fairly early on to explain in case you didn't know, which judging from your complaints, you didn't seem to.

2. I don't talk like I know the each time each 5 ph's spawned, as I don't know, haven't been tracking them, and frankly at this point, don't care. The only way that I've ever camped this particular NPC, as I told you many days ago, was that we simply sat in the zone, and manually checked each spot with our real life eyeballs, to see if it was up every time we woke up, walked by the computer, etc. My husband and I took turns checking the zone literally every 30 minutes or so during Fableds because we only had a rough idea of when the last spawn was ourselves. When we had an idea of it was increasingly likely to spawn, we'd generally pick up the pace on checking until we were reasonably sure that we missed it or it had died. During the course of our last Fabled camp, we missed two kills because i had two one hour appointments that I couldn't be at home; of course it spawned then because Murphy is alive and well, and of course someone killed it (once in guild, once not). But you didn't see me run here and lambast their guild, because its not their job to camp it for me, not their job to let me know the spawntime, and not their job to not kill it, because I was hoping to help my husband get a Fabled Willsapper. In the end, I just happened to be sitting there next to the spawn point and did a little whoop before killing it with two hits. :p

I commiserated with you, I empathized with you, and now frankly, I'm super out of patience with you. You come here and make things up about a bunch of people you think you know but don't, while openly admitting you cheat, openly swear on the boards, are openly hostile to the developers while simultaneously seeking employment (there's a winning combination), and why some of your posts haven't been more moderated, I am not 100% sure. That's for others to decide and handle.

I might also point out that this hunter achievement has been completely outside the main focus of the purpose of our hunter raid (which lots of guilds have been doing), which was to knock out the new ones recently added, which this is not. I've had this achievement for years, thus my lack of sitting in there. That is not to say that we haven't killed it, someone did on June 17th at approximately 14:45:18 my time (mountain). I say approximately because I parsed out the hunter achievements I've seen for this in the last six months, and that's the one I see; it almost certainly was the last mob killed for it. However, most of the Vaniki kills i'd wager on Luclin in the last few weeks haven't actually been from us, as, again, to the best of my knowledge, and since someone else pointed out above that they've killed it, I'm not sure what your issue here is. Heck, honestly, before I first saw this thread we (my husband and I) talked about maybe just watching it and letting you know when we saw it next, so that you could get it done; but then your behaviour here changed my mind and I was not terribly interested in going out of my way to help you any further.

3. In any guild that's been around to see the inevitable rise and collapse of tons of others, you are going to have people with good, medium and terrible experiences. At this point, I'm more concerned about your reputation as a result of this thread then ours. If you have other games you wish to play, then please do so and leave the rest of us to enjoy this one without you. Or play, but don't baselessly make accusations without foundation.

At this point, I'm done with this thread, because its simply not a wise investment or use of my time. But I won't let your repeated posts go by without response since they will be here, unfortunately, forever it seems. Hopefully a decade from now, it will still say more about you then us.

I personally have done what I can to leave EQ a better place then how I found it. I regularly participate in conversations, make suggestions, give ideas as to how to make things better, or at the very least more enjoyable for a variety of players, from super casual to the hardcore raider. Does everyone always agree with those? I'm sure they do not. I have volunteered hundreds of hours through a previous program to help track down, troubleshoot, help confirm the details of tons of bugs and see them through until success resolution of some kind took place. I am not alone in this effort. But I do try. I try more then sitting on forums complaining how "the man" is killing a video game over a hunter that to be frank, you could have had done years ago with some effort or more likely, a little luck. But if this is the hill you choose to die on, then so be it! There's room for everyone here in this game we love, but basic common courtesy and decency never goes out of style.
    Kialya, Ssdar, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

Please stop acting like your some innocent group of people. I am not going to list names of the people I saw doing stuff they should not do. I know a ton of people who use it over the years but honestly who cares? It only anonys me when you want to blatantly act like you know noone in your guild ever do things they should not do.

I didn't last long playing this time and your guild people are a big part of the reason why. It doesn't really hurt me when I don't play. I know tons of people who like me and alot of the stuff I do. General is just a chat channel believe it or not alot of people find it fun to or watch people in it. I gave away around 10 million plat in stuff during this short time I was playing again. Alot of tradeskill items for people who needed them and alot of them offered to pay but I have no need for plat in this game.

You may not like me for calling out your guild for some of the stuff I saw some of the members doing but I probably helped alot more people than you know.

Just wondering If I logged back in and took videos of your members doing things they should not do and sent them to you would you kick them from the guild? This kinda sounds entertaining to me to become the batman of the server and start following people around just to get videos of them doing stuff they should not.
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

This is really bringing back some Agnarr nostalgia. Good stuff.
  18. Accendo Guest

Kialya, Yinla, Herodotus and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.