New TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Madae, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Madae Elder

I noticed there was the Mischief server(s) released recently. Any news on something more traditional coming out?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Check back in ~11 months.
    Bardy McFly, Stymie, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  3. SleezerGeezer Elder

I hope they keep the new drop system.
    Elskidor and wade_watts like this.
  4. nagash101 Augur

The new random free trade loot systems is fun so far. If i was you i would try it out.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I gotta say, this took longer than I was expecting. When's the next TLP coming out.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. Zansobar Augur

I sure hope not. This ruleset is the most fun I've had in EQ in many years - don't think I could bring myself to go back to an old ruleset server with no-trade items everywhere and neckbeards monopolizing all the camps.

I really hope they make this ruleset (free trade and random loot) the standard going forward with tweaks in other areas if they want to mix things up.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Madae Elder

I thought the concept was interesting, but I have too much nostalgia tying me to the old ways. Tell me about the server, though. How is the pop? It's still before Kunark, yes? I read the raiding scene wasn't all that active, so whats that about?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think it is way too early to make any solid decisions, how the next few expansions fare with this new loot system and how that affects the player retention will be very interesting to see play out even as a non-participant.
  9. Cainen Augur

Its been a lot of fun so far. Mischief has 2 zerg guild and a TON of smaller 20ish man guilds clearing content. Its been quite populated with most popular zones having 3-4 picks in off hours and as many as 10+ in prime time. Kunark comes out Wednesday and should be a ton of fun since there are multiple avenues to various loots. VP key is still going to be terrible but HS and Seb keys should be a breeze.

The raiding scene is different then previous servers as 2-3 groups can have access to all the god and dragon loot(via yale) and all the hate and fear loot(via fear minis and select hate minis) so you dont NEED a massive guild to get best in slot.

Sky still requires a decent raid force but once 60 hits 2-3 groups will be able to do most if not all of it so you still shouldn't NEED a big guild till velious(maybe, depends on randomization) Lots of hate and sky loot for sale so there is defiantly raiding going on, just not the open world races of servers past.
  10. jeskola pheerie

When is the next thread asking about the next TLP coming out?
    Loze, Bardy McFly and code-zero like this.
  11. wade_watts Augur

This ruleset should be the new standard ruleset for TLP's. I don't know if I can go back to normal rare / non-random loot. This is a significantly more engaging and rewarding system.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. Juskov Journeyman

The random loot has been an interesting concept. With free trade and the availability of planar, everyone and their alts are already geared to the teeth. While exciting at first, I find myself kinda bored already. I'd be interested in a Mangler clone with maybe some minor twist. Likely have to wait a year though.
    Nymm likes this.
  13. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, I primarily meant random loot. If it wasn't coupled with free-trade, that would be fine :)
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Maybe we'll get a miragul coirnav hybrid.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:D

I was thinking a boxing Miragul / Selo, could do two of them back to back in one year.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

We're one month in, we've had the least complaint posts of any previous TLP, and the most positive feedback of any previous TLP. Less complaints, by a crazy amount, is really the metric that matters. Most of the positive feedback is because this is a new concept and people want to let them know it was successful. Vanilla TLP's wouldn't generate those kinds of posts as much, but still it feels like we're seeing a lot of positive feedback.

Kunark opens tomorrow, and both servers will likely merge eventually, it's a great time to get in and ride them as far as you can.
    Bardy McFly and Accipiter like this.
  17. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Free trade pvp selos speed server when?
  18. code-zero Augur

Random loot, free trade, boxing Miragul server
  19. Sycopata Elder

Aradune exists
  20. Elskidor Augur

Next time they can add random spawn points for extra fun. You might be gunning for Naggy when suddenly some poor saps in Crushbone are getting terrorized by the bastard. Be weird when Phinny is found hanging with Mangler out in Rivervale though.