Does anyone stream Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atomos, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Leigo You come here often?

well thanks for the shout out! :)
    Duder, kizant and Scornfire like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Your truth is not the truth.
    adetia, Duder and Scornfire like this.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Noone's "truth" is ever the truth. It is either true or not true. Options don't matter to me but if you want to just ignore the truth cause you have your own option go for it.

If I was still playing I would have some fun making a video and recording people doing what you say they don't do.

I would just link some of the stuff to prove what I am saying but I am pretty sure the sites I would have to link to would make the admins mad and they already gave me a warning for cursing like someone did earlier in this thread and I am trying to avoid getting banned cause than I would not get to have fun posting anymore.
  4. Celephane Augur

You're...come on, it's easy, your (possessive) statement is trying to say "you are that sad".
    Duder likes this.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

English isn't my first language and I hate language in general =/
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, nice.

Reminds me of walking into the break room when World Cup is going on. I'd always ask "0-0, right?". Correct 90% of the time ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Randel Flag Elder

also, usually takes longer to wait for burns between CoV and ToV missions then it does to do the missions themselves, /shrug
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Just need better burn timing.
    • 20min on Sivar, sweep the dragons, 10min or less on on Vulak himself.
    • Depending on dps, either burn at start (if high dps) or burn on 2nd dragon of Crusaders
    • Burn nothing longer than 5min on Aary
    • Full burn Zlandi.
  9. aozs Augur

I've found the only CoV mission that really needs burns is Crusaders because of the ramping mechanics (adds, mana drain, etc).

Zlandi is actually pretty forgiving, I want to say the first mechanic you need to beat is the adds at ~2-2.5 min which you can beat with around 2m dps. Or if you can cc them then they're not even an issue.

All depends on your group's capabilities of course, whether you need to wait for burns or not.

on topic: EQ isn't really a good game to stream because the gameplay is pretty boring to watch and hard to understand unless you really know what to look for.
  10. Zynt Augur

This is such a telling statement.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Big true.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

"Needing" burns isn't really what I was talking about, it's just about using your timers effectively.
    kizant likes this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

I prefer the edited parts far better. It's akin to watching Nascar highlights for the wrecks. ;)
  14. aozs Augur

Right, I was more responding to Randel's post. I suppose I should've been less lazy and actually quoted the post
  15. Randel Flag Elder

what both of you say is True, I don't NEED burns on every event, i also don't NEED to optimize my burns to do all the missions as fast as posable, i box and stream and play at a comfortable speed and have time to chit chat or whatever else in between, i also stand around forever after each mission waiting on tells for selling the TAs and the chests so i have the time to get burns back up.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Equable New Member

Ion Blaze, Doctor Nachoz both have great streams.
  17. Raccoo Augur

TLP streams? No. The OP was asking for Live EQ players, not TLP streamers.
  18. Laronk Augur

The problem with streaming everquest is that there's idle time and generally it's not exciting to watch. You generally aren't going to see the "plays" like you see in the popular stream games.

Considering the above you'd need a lot of personality as the streamer to keep your community engaged, it's just not a great game to stream and the game itself isn't super popular. If you don't play everquest the combat visually doesn't look as clean either.

Games like warzone, call of duty, league of legends are action games where things happen and can be exciting. In everquest your group might have an exciting moment with a bad pull or with a hard mission but you kinda have to play everquest to actually appreciate those moments.
    Stymie and Tatanka like this.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

their was an old Dev who I watch play a little EQ but I was their for hearing about the old game from an Old Dev point of view and the peeps he talked to about the old game. I don't remember who or what post I found it on hear on the boards.
  20. Khieran Journeyman

Condolences on your brother's passing!

What's your Twitch handle? I'm always looking for a boxing stream to check out :)