Does anyone stream Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atomos, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Atomos Augur

I normally avoid streams, but occasionally I like to see what a game is like before investing time in it (with the streamer muted lolol). Every time I check Everquest on Twitch, it's all TLP and P99 streams, I haven't caught a Live stream yet.
  2. Mithra Augur

Usually they do raid streams, so maybe check in about an hour from now?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why watch - dive in and see if you like it. Based on your create date of 2016 you had to have played at some point. :)

No one streams the game because of all the things that show up on their screen that are not supposed to.

There are some U Tubes that should help you decide.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Every now and then you’ll see some on there, but there’s just no appeal in streaming Live. Sometimes the popular ones get like 20 viewers. The audience just isn’t there for it and there’s not a lot of personality behind the screen either.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bobbybick like this.
  5. Atomos Augur

Those of us who don't buy PLs (edit: or box) don't make it past 80 ;)

I'd rather watch a stream since it's more realistic, YouTube videos are generally cut and edited and try to only show the "cool" or "exciting" parts.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

There's a ton of Live streamers, but yes, generally only raids are streamed

Silent Redemption:
    Scornfire
    Rexa (Also Streams Freelance and CJR)
    Raccoo (Also Streams Freelance and CJR)
    Krinni
    Lisard

Return of the Exiled:
    Fintank
    Zaknaffein (Also Streams CJR)

Realm of Insanity:
    Sancus (Also Streams Valhallah)

Shadows of Doom:
    Zipe

Valhallah:
    Dojjii

Machin Shin:
    Odiius

Ring of Valor:
    Randel

Faceless Conquest:
    Kreban
    Frankthebank

Iratus Lepus:
    Twizzt

Silent Resurgence:
    Gosan

Fu World Order:
    Sporadic

Circle of Legends:
    Zataos

Freelance Raids:
    Darkweber

I'm certain I'm missing at least 1, probably more
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Those are exactly the reasons I'd never watch a stream. I don't need to see the boring parts. Consolidate it and just give me "cool" and "exciting"
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Probably true because of how many people I know that use hack programs. Even just the simple ones are used by probably over 50% of the population and they don't want to get in trouble for it.
  9. Atomos Augur

But...
    Well, for example, I watched an EQ Live stream earlier. They stood around a while, teleported, killed a dragon, stood around for 20+ minutes, teleported, killed another dragon, and then stood around again so I stopped watching. All that standing around is just as much a part of the game as anything else. If that is the kind of things I'm going to be doing, I want to know. All the in between crap that you don't want to see is still something you're gonna have to experience if you play the game. It's important if you're playing an MMO, a genre more time consuming and in depth than most. It doesn't really apply for something simple like Fortnite. When you watch a trailer for an MMO they basically never explain any of the game's mechanics, all they show is the games graphics, particularly characters fighting monsters. I don't know about you but pretty much every MMO I've ever played had more to do than just fight monsters. The monsters even drop items! But you'd never know that just by watching a trailer.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

The standing around is part of the game sure. If you don't like chatting with people while standing around than this is probably not the game for you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Atomos Augur

Whether I like standing around or not isn't in question here. What I was saying was that videos tend to cut all of that stuff out, which is why watching a stream gives you a much more realistic view of the game.
  12. kizant Augur

I don't cut anything from my raid videos on youtube if you're interested in what live raids look like. Plus I keep the discord audio in for our raids on opening day. Like here:
  13. Randel Flag Elder

I stream almost daily, altho i have missed the last two weeks, my brother passed away, i stream all the boring too. I 6 box and do a LOT of standing around, but a lot of that isnt the game its me, its why i box i can do things on my time, i spend a lot of time chatting and talking to people, i also stream magic the gathering arena and from time to time a little star wars battle front 2.
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. Randel Flag Elder

i also stream my "Ginger Cam" ....lol. my Oscer, i keep a cam on my fish tank, he has more fans then me !
    Yinla, Gyurika Godofwar and adetia like this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

But.... that's never my experience in the game. Just because it is for them, it might not be for you.

So.... I'm not gonna watch someone else stand around, doing nothing. Just ain't gonna happen.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're just full of cr@p. I've seen enough whining from you in multiple threads now, and that's enough. Welcome to ignore.
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Your that sad ignoring the truth?
  18. Malpheroth Elder

I use to stream daily grouping activities such as aug farming, achievement hunting, gathering collectibles, and tradeskilling between raid streams on FV but even though I’ve met some cool people through twitch- some who even started raiding with me- I would average 2 viewers. I received a lot of positive feedback and support from the server but the sad truth is that it was not worth my time managing the twitch chat bots or dealing with the trolls or even launching the video capture software that ate bandwidth and cpu cycles. I thought about streaming faceless raids on the tlp but I fell in with a static group that streamed live and they suffered the same lack of viewership so I have decided that my work is better spent elsewhere. Like others have said, you will likely only find “action shots,” on twitch from top 5 guilds during raid hours or clipped recordings on YouTube. I don’t condone third party services but the cost of a power level on FV to level 110 where you can start grouping up in current content equipment (snow squall armor) is less than $60 and probably your only realistic avenue if you want to see the game without investing a hundred hours leveling or even more time waiting for somebody to stream it.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

I had to take a small break from streaming, but I was doing CoV heroes and/or anniversary tasks almost daily. There's a few things you can do to make menial tasks semi-entertaining. Like when we farmed horse meat once a day and did predictions on whether or not I would get 0 or 1+ horse meat from Elddar Forest.
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

You're the worst