REQUEST: Update Free to Play Info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The OP is confusing what is part of the status of an accounts versus what is granted via expansions. As far as I know, nothing about Free To Play has changed since implemented.

Silver status was removed as a purchasable account upgrade, but it still exists.

Expansions "owned" control every thing that changes about an account. Once an expansion becomes "free", all accounts get what was included in that expansion (except the /claimable items).

You seem to be confused on what FTP means. It's fine to ask for a better 1 page summary of something, but again ... nothing has changed since it was implemented all those years ago.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Partially true, but things like Overseer and such have been added that aren’t tied to expansions which was added already.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

One of my newer accounts was subscribed during CoTF/TBM, and would revert to FTP after letting it lapse. I later subscribed when daybreak was rewarding all access accounts with heroic characters, and afterward it became silver (was a year or two ago).
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Did you subscribe via krono? There have been many who have posted that using krono for All Access seems to flag the account for Silver status, even if the account was created after Silver status was no longer purchasable. I have experienced this myself.

But there's no way this behavior is getting documented by DPG. Cause it might be changed at any time.
  5. Raccoo Augur

TBH, it was so long ago I don't remember. Is there a way to check account history to see if you paid vs using a krono?
  6. Thul Journeyman

Yes! You need to be on the DBG website, not this one.

I also used Krono for all-access for my 6 accounts to get the mass AA bump. (Think my toons were 105, since waiting till 110 will not get you any more AA's from auto-grant.) I also had my accounts return to Silver status after the 30 days of game time.

You can also purchase Doll of Character from the Loyalty Vendor in PoK to add up to 3 slots for new toons on your account. There might be something from the marketplace for DB cash that will give you 2 slots. (Sorry, can't remember what it was called.... maybe others can point you in the right direction about that path)

Log in... there will be a drop down arrow by your account name... go to Account Management... check your Account History :)

Home | EverQuest

Hope this helps!
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can add a max of 6 total slots to an account currently, 3 from loyalty 3 from the marketplace.

I think players who had been on the stormhammer premium server maybe got one extra character slot, I don't have that but do have 14 slots on my 3 subbed accounts after getting the extra 6 slots for each.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.