Race Change to same race to reset faction?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clericlovex, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Clericlovex New Member

So here is a question, I am on a TLP and I am playing human pally and boomed my freeport faction doing soulfire..

SO
    anyway. I like to stay human if I can could I just race change into a human sense the scroll lets you pick human (i think) to reset freeport faction?
    hmmm
  2. Clericlovex New Member

anyone know?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Can you not fix it with potions from the loyalty vendor? (serious question, I do not know the answer)
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Clericlovex New Member

its on a TLP so I don't think so
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I guess you could do that as a short cut, I do believe that race change scroll moves your factions back to the default for the race that you change to.

If you want to grind the faction back prior to PoR (which is when there are 1, 2, 3 - click the numbers for weblinks - repeatable quests added for Freeport factions) you could use the 2 methods suggested in this faction guide:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030325234833/http://www.twenkill.net/anezka/Antonica.html
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am not certain if race change resets faction. I went from Iksar to Dwarf on my warrior, and every time I enter a city, the guards still treat me like I am still an Iksar (i.e. even in my home city I was mobbed by dwarf guards). I guess I could test this theory further by heading to Cabilis and seeing how they react.

Update: OK, just looked at my faction for Legion of Cabilis and I am "Threatening" status to them as well.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

It was a long time ago, so maybe it's changed but when I race changed my cleric to a gnome for tinkering (previously high elf) I was attacked in the gnome city after I used origin.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Orc Scalps in HHP. It will take a while and might need some assistance at the start, but doable and can bring stacks of scalps. Just get Dubious with HP guards. Easy enough just killing orc/gnolls in HHP.

Sure there's other ways.. but that's what I did.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When you race change only base faction changes. Any faction you gained or lost while playing will remain.
  11. Gnomereaper Augur

1. Freeport Militia faction is only beneficial during Prophecy of Ro when you can get "of the Freeport Militia" title.

2. Wait for the Loyalty Vendor to have Potion of Peace: The Freeport Militia for 172.

3. Prophecy of Ro missions do rebuild faction, there's several missions for that expansion that raises all except Opal Darkbriar. Opal Darkbriar faction you need to use the Fire Beetle Eye quest.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

TBH it'd probably be faster to relevel a new paladin and trade him your soulfire than it would be to re-raise your Freeport Faction back to where it was, even on a TLP in classic. Assuming you are on Mischief.
  13. Sobmre Augur