Best 3 box combo with what I have.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ganakus, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Ganakus Journeyman

I'm on the test server, recently returned from a few years break. I'm looking for the best combo I've got for group content and progression.
    Account 1: 98 Sk, 86 Bard, 86 Necro, 87 Mage
    Account 2: 86 Mage, 85 Druid
    Account 3: 88 Chanter, 83 Monk
    Opinions on the best of those listed and ease of play, I'm not using any 3rd party software just the good ole alt tab. They all have j5 mercs and all heroic or HoT geared. I could PL up a toon of needed for a better box but would prefer to go with a combo I've already got. Thanks for any info.
  2. Thash Zoner

Mage/druid/chanter with mercs was always a favorite of mine, it's a decent group. I ended up turning more or less permanently to war/bard/shm on live but that's mostly a matter of playstyle.
  3. code-zero Augur

Mage/Mage/Chanter or Mage/Druid/Chanter
  4. Ganakus Journeyman

What level do tank mercs become ineffective or use mage pet to tank? Would you use 1 heal merc or 2? And I assume wiz mercs to fill other slots.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd go SK, chanter, mage. One cleric merc, 2 DPS mercs. On named, drop a DPS merc for a second cleric merc if you need it.
    Ozon and Tucoh like this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Sk..
    Necro..
    Chanter..

This would be easy mode once you get them all up to par .
  7. Ganakus Journeyman

Sounds good but Sk and Necro are on the same account. I'm thinking Sk because I enjoy them, Mage and Chanter. The Sk has gear past HoT but I don't remember where it all came from and does have epic 2.0.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Sk Mage chanter, Sk Necro Chanter

Chanter can reduce such a magnitude of risk and damage that I generally if I am doing only 3 will almost always pick my enchanter over my healer boxes.

It also let's you circumvent large chunks of clearing/unnecessary mobs to kill if you are trying to speed run through progress because Color stun/perilous and blanket let you just blur and scoot through anything that sees invis in like 99.9% of content. Largely streamlining any questing needed to be done.

Basically either of those combos gives you 3 of the most powerful classes in the game In 1 group for pure just getting it done no matter what, and getting it done really fast.
  9. Tucoh Augur

sk/mag/enc or sk/dru/enc

Druid has track, can heal your group. Mage has a pet and can call of the hero. Both have good DPS. Druid is more mana constrained but the enchanter will alleviate that. Having a healer merc is easier than boxing a healer, but there will be certain situations (some missions, heavy AE damage) where the healer merc will fail where having access to a druid's healing will be very useful.

Note that if you wanted to swap things up, a heroic level 85 character can swap in easily enough. But those two combos are top-shelf three-box groups so you're in good shape with what you have.

Also note that with fellowship XP it'll be easy to change your mind in the future and level up a new character.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Enc mitigates a large chunk of AE damage with their very strong runes and spell guards, glyph spray, reactive rune, and mage can mitigate such a large portion of AE damage as well (self only shield fate, elements, frostone, shared pet damage) that first team be very strong, will hardly even notice the lack of controlled heals. Id say its easily S tier, druid one like B+ tier. Imo
  11. Ganakus Journeyman

I haven't played in about 5 years, thinking about doing Gribble HA to get back into the swing of things unless someone has a better place.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Gribbles is great because the marks of valor have great value due to the augs. You can also check out the broken mirror expansion which lets you use remnants of tranquility to buy great leveling gear. The remnants are tradeable and if you have friends they might have huge amounts they can donate to the Ganakus Fund.

I think the blooddrinkers coating is still valuable, but not sure if SKs has stacking limitations.
  13. Ganakus Journeyman

Thank you, I'll have to check it out!
  14. Elskidor Augur

You're going to want a real tank so the SK is a lock, IMO. Probably go Mage and Chanter for the other 2.
    Chaosflux likes this.