lvl 50 mages/necros camping low level named mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taboo503, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Taboo503 New Member

I really thought this server had a cool concept until I saw what the new loot tables have created. Every camp I go to with a group I see some lvl 50 necro or mage just sitting there, sometimes afk camping it for its random drops. Now people leveling normally can't experience the loot anymore. Cool concept, but broken because of the lvl 50's just sitting at all the camps.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Corydon Augur

"lvl 50's just sitting at all the camps"

Lies...
  3. besbin Journeyman

I haven’t seen this at all, let alone ‘every’ low level camp. The loot from these camps is generally worth next to nothing so why would they bother?
    So much whine...
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've come across a few level 50s, usually looking for quest items, most of them have been happy to let me kill and get exp and let them have the item if it drops. Sol A yesterday had a lot of named drops on the vendor, they aren't doing it for loot they are doing it for quest items.
  5. That Guy Journeyman

I've come across this a handful of times, but nothing I would call egregious. Only pops up time to time, normal I'd say considering the circumstances.
  6. Siah Elder

Lookin' for them guises and peg cloaks..
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

It is about 1/18439829848th the problem it was with static loot mobs. This server is easily the least contentious EQ server that has ever existed. Because of the way loot is handled on this server, only a handful of fairly sad people are camping lowbie mobs, it just doesn't pay. You can buy freaking planar armor for 100p a slot right now, and come Kunark next week, it won't even be worth vendor plat.

Nothing they can do, short of implement trivial loot code, which would absolutely tank the game, will ever change this.

I have to say, that one of the great joys of EQ has always been being able to go back and try and farm for that whatsit foozle you couldn't get before, or farm something for an alt. Trying to remove that from the system would basically kill the game, as it's part of the fundamental motivation to level in the first place.
  8. Kylo Classic Augur

Wait till kunark, they will be gone soon enough.
  9. Appren Gnomercy

Very exaggerated, only a couple times did I run into someone 50 that I felt "disturbed" "my" camp, not really an issue. What did you expect level 50s to do anyway? Make some money on those time limited drops like DE mask, and maybe get some epic quest items and such.
    Kase likes this.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

(Correct me if I'm wrong of course,) but I believe the issue has more to do with the fact that they are still trying to tie up camps. Their very existence is a stain on the server. It's like having a crystal clear glass of water and a speck of black nastiness drop into that very glass.

Again, my take of the point of view of the OP. :p
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Mischief or Thornblade? I mean I think I already know the answer, but would rather know for sure.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Who is "they"? Not being snippy, I'm serious. In my experience on Mischief, "they" is just your average level 50 who wants to make enough to buy some krono. Those guys are... well, you and me. The big farm groups and evil botters? Yes, they are a stain on the server.
  13. Baldur Augur

It's all the around level 35 mobs. It's because of jboots ring, pegasus feather cloak and guise of the deceiver all drop from named around that level.

It's not all, but it's most of the easy level 35 named, like mino hero in steamfont and mino elder in lguk. The /sup/cav/exe/sage area is popular because of this as well. In contrast the frenzy/sentinel camp is much easier to get now, not near as camped as it used to be on other servers.
  14. Taboo503 New Member

It's Thornblade. I've experienced this through my 20s while leveling. Upper guk at squire, Summoner, and lord. Then I went to unrest and experienced it at FP room and basement. They let my group kill the mobs all around but they insta killed the named mob. I thought a cool thing on the server was to experience the cool drop tables. I've not been able to kill a named mob yet. Hopefully things change in my 30s when I got to Lguk or Solb... We'll see.
  15. Taboo503 New Member

I'm not going to name people because like you said they are just camping mobs for plat. I don't blame them, its just a problem with the server set up that I didn't expect and was bummed to see.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I didn't mean for you to name names. I was more wondering what group Bullsnooze was referring to.
  17. ForumBoss Augur

I've seen it a bit, but it's been way better than past tlp due to cheap loot and more spawns being viable. I've gotten efreeti camp twice. Which normally never happens.
  18. Quik Augur

I mean who didn't see this coming? These are the kind of issues that made my decision to not swap to the new servers pretty easy.

A certain lvl of rares will be camped to high heaven because of the drops that will be in that range. This random loot specifically creates that kind of farming and highly encourages it. As higher expansions kick in it won't get easier, it will continue to be the same.

This is just the start of everything so hold on, you mischief/thornblade players are in for a ride that will get crazier with each new expansion.
  19. Kahna Augur

I mean, this isn't any different than any other server. Only they just held own the "good" camps and let you get the crummy camps. Though on Mischief I have leveled 3 toons through the 30's now and I have never had a hard time getting a named camp. So it is certainly not "everywhere".
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Kind level 50 let me loot the ring of the ancient, I've seen a few calls for those rotitng in SolA and Ocean of Tears. :)

I've run into an SK camping Drunkard in SolA for staff for a quest and a monk in Tox Forest (Kera Isle) after a dagger for a quest. There are also a lot of epic mobs being camped. Also had a high level necro and chanter show up when i was camping Ancient Croc. All of them were nice enough to leave me to my camp. This is on mischief so it looks like we got the nicer players here. :)

I'm sure things will change next week when Kunark launches.