Thornblade population is worrisome

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HighFiveGuy, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I strongly disagree with your percentages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

But I would agree that there are a substantial number playing TLP to fund their gaming either there or on another server using Krono.
  2. Utah New Member

I can validate that two of my personal friends who were playing on Thornblade have just decided to reroll to Mischief due to the low population and their inability to find groups. I would imagine that a lot of players are going to leave when Kunark launches so they can make Iksars on Mischief.
    Demetri likes this.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Flip flop that percentage and you might be in to something.
  4. mark Augur

funny 4 instances in the hole,8 in lowerguk people camping their epics all over the world also we are lvl alts with friends join a guild and group up also people never say what classes they are,warrior rogue ranger find it hard to get a group but in our guild we go out of our way to lvl up evey main and boxes alts etc and we are having a blast in discord.
    Demetri likes this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Exactly, maybe it's better on Mischief but it's not bad on Thornblade. I've been in Unrest a few times this week in Eastern primetime, always has two or three picks in addition to the base zone. There were almost 60 people there on Tuesday night.

It's inevitable that Thornblade will eventually need to merge with Mischief, it is the lower population of the two and will need more people long term. But I think it can make it until next year, if that's when it ends up happening.
  6. Scimitar New Member

One of the decisive factors, I think, for people that went Thornblade was to avoid server queues. But that did not happen on Mischief other than the initial 2 to 3 hours queue a lot faced. Probably and ironically attributed by the fact that there were two servers. Population is so abstract anyway, 4 instances in the hole or 6 or 8, does not really determine your experience pun intended.

We have just as much people complain on Mischief putting up LFG and sitting about waiting for that golden "established chain pulling group has one spot, want to come?" tell. I can understand on Thornblade people attribute that al too quickly to server population, not a sound reasoning.
    Niskin likes this.
  7. Demetri Augur

They do have the numbers exaggerated - and mind you a portion of those "quick krono" people do stick around. I'm friends with at least three from Phinigel and they played on Phinigel from the cradle to the grave with the server - so they end up fitting BOTH categories.

From my own anecdotal experience I'd set it as dual axis:
    Kronolord axis:
    10% Ultimate Kronolording - Must make 1.2b krono if I can mode
    15% Krono hoarding - Want a bunch of krono but enough for 1-2 years of accounts run at most.
    15% Mild Krono'ing - Same as above but 1-3 months.
    55% Krono ignorers/avoiders - Might deal with them a little, but prefer to avoid outside of holding a few as an inflation hedge or account payment for the next month.

Serious Play Axis:
    10% Only care about Classic and bail after
    15% Only care about Kunark and bail after
    25% Only care about PoP and bail after
    And the rest seems to be a smattering of 5% losses for various expansions - where no single expac takes away too many, but over time it whiddles the population down to nothing.

Sometimes you'll have Classic Ultimate Kronolords, but I saw plenty of those types that lasted to CoV on Phinigel as well.

At least that was my experience on Phinigel from cradle to the grave, minus an absence from mid-Kunark til DoN.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Hyperbole much?
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a good list. I'd put Mild Krono more like 30% and avoiders at 40% but we all have our opinions. :)
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I don't think there are more than 1% of folks who do Ultimate Kronolording....
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, not like you do (or did). ;)

But that does bring up a good point. Some folks got onto something crazy and made a ton of krono. Krakow, did you do the golden idols back when they were still on TLPs? Anyway, there are the people who trade like mad and make a bunch of krono. Then there are the automated, mostly overseas, botters. Both could be considered Ultimate Kronolords.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nope, 90% of all my krono came from trading (items & krono).

The velious to luclin switch is when any krono hoarder can make a play for large gains.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, that's right. Some guy named Theking or King or something like that was the idol guy (one of them).

That's good to know. I'm getting low.

14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Start dumping around 9-18-21 steady for about 2-3 weeks it's a gamble but pays off most of the last TLPs have shown.
    Accipiter likes this.
  15. Demetri Augur

LOL, keep in mind I'm talking about the GOAL there, not necessarily success #'s. Successfully reaching that tier I'd guess is closer to 1-2% as well.

But with people actually motivated to try to sell things for 15-20kr, there's obviously enough of the people in the > standard Krono hoarder tier to be worth even offering items at that value publicly.