Community Resource Council

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Finchy, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Finchy Augur

Hello,

I know there is a lot going on with new TLPs, DW stepping away, etc. but I wanted to see if we were able to get an update on the CRC process that DW was working on. Is this still in scope or has it been set aside for now?
  2. Finchy Augur

Just wanted to keep this on front page in hopes someone sees it and can give us an update. Appreciate it!
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Finchy Augur

Hey we have a new CM! Hopefully Mr. Accendo will be picking up where DW left off for this and we can get some information soon!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Finchy Augur

Hello, just want to bump this up in hopes of a reply!
    Barraind likes this.
  5. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I honestly wouldnt be shocked if they hadnt actually done anything.

Not sure anyone that applied even got a "your email was received" auto-response, so I'm figuring its sitting buried in the "Dreams replacements To-Do" pile that had a month of stuff burying it before Accendo even got to it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Accendo Guest

Update: I've requested information about the program and have received a lot of information. I'm just now trying to sift through it all to get caught up, but as you probably heard, this week has been nuts with all of the launches for both IPs, and then the issue of EQ2 going down today. Hoping to get some headway this coming week. If anyone part of this program has more info to share, I'd greatly appreciate it and in knowing where/how/when things got put on pause.
    Raccoo and Yinla like this.
  8. Finchy Augur

Thanks Accendo. This is something (from the sounds of it) that DW was hosting/setting up. We weren't given a ton of info on the background of the program nor what the full intent is/was. I would imagine that Mepps would have a pretty solid idea as to what the plans were. I believe DW had completed reviewing the applications and submitted his recommendations (assuming to Mepps). We were probably a day or two away from hearing the results if everything would have stayed status quo at the time :)

I wasn't looking for an immediate list of accepted apps, just wanted to know if this is something still being reviewed/put in place or if it was going to be set aside and looked at, at a later time. I appreciate the response, and know things have been pretty crazy for the last several weeks.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Its been ~3 months,

Any update on that update?
    Shindius, Raccoo, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  10. Faylestar New Member

I'm assuming this is now going to be not a thing?
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm guessing the devs are heavily focused on 64-bit and ToL beta.

A Community Resource Council would probably add an extra layer. Either, it could be seen as unncessary and too redundant (more feedback to weed through), or simply not the right time.

I can also see the player community complaining about one or more person(s) dominating discussions (not sharing the same opinion). Although, there are already trusted de facto leaders in the community on specific subjects and classes.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Asked about this last Wednesday, responce I got back from Accendo

So hopefully we will hear more soon.
    Shindius and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ROFL.. I asked this weekend with a similar response..
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™