For casters on the new TLP servers, what is your PUG spell lineup?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SleezerGeezer, Jun 16, 2021.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

Druid,

snare
    root
    dot #1
    dot #2 (or a direct damage)
    heal
    damage shield
    buff slot (sow, skin, invis, etc)
    gate or succor

OR

root
    dot
    heal
    dam shield
    camo
    buff slot
    succor
    gate
  2. wagz Casual - Innoruuk origin

Heal
    Heal (lesser one for casters)
    Thorns
    Buff/succor
    Nuke
    Dot
    Snare
    Root
  3. Zansobar Augur

Evac
    Evac
    Evac
    Evac
    Evac
    Evac
    Evac
    Evac
  4. MMOer Augur

1) dps nuke or dot. Normally just the best one. Maybe two depending on class.
    2) best debuffs
    3) best buffs
    3) invis
    4) gate

So it goes offensive to defensive

I buy only spells I NEED to level... not all the stuff between. I also buy the lowest mana cost spell for each type so I can spam skill up as needed.
  5. Healiez Augur

ohohoh let me do wizard!
    Rain
    Nuke (big nuke or lure depending on content)
    Snare
    Evac
    empty
    empty
    empty
    Harvest

This will work until omens, no lie. (maybe a spellshield thrown in their if thats your job on raids)
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Mine's mostly the same for the Mage and Wizard, with the first two slots reversed to avoid the TrueBox surprise DC mechanic.

Mage
    1) Shock of Whatever
    2) Bolt of Whatever
    3) Rain of Whatever
    4) DS
    5) Burnout
    6) Invisibility / Summons (rotate during downtime)
    7) Gate / Bind Affinity
    8) Shielding

Wizard
    1) Bolt of Whatever
    2) Shock of Whatever
    3) Rain of Whatever
    4) Targeted AE Nuke
    5) Root (Wiz)
    6) Invisibility
    7) Gate / Bind Affinity
    8) Shielding

Got sick of trying to alternate all spell keys beyond Shock and Bolt, so I just manually delay Rains and Shielding, and whatever else, to keep from getting DC'd.
  7. jiri_ Augur

Necro:

Tap
    Snare
    Poison nuke (if applicable)/Undead nuke/something else
    Poison DoT
    Fire DoT
    Screaming Terror/Root
    Lich, if it's the early one that only lasts six minutes/ Resist debuff/Charm
    FD/Gate

Swap in undead-related spells when appropriate. Starting at 34 ultimately it boils down to lifetap, snare, FD and Venom of the Snake/E-Bolt, with undead charms as necessary.

I always have my out spell on my last gem (8-12, depending on era). Most of the time it's FD, though I'll use Gate if mobs have ways of disrupting FD or I can bind outside camp (example: diaku death knights snare, so it's more effective to just bind in Tranquility at the Tactics zone and gate when something goes wrong). Tap is on 1 and Snare is on 2, just by force of habit. Then DoTs, then utility spells. In group settings, often your poison nukes will be more effective damage per mana than DoTs that don't get full duration, so I'll slot those in after snare. If the resist debuffs and undead charm aren't needed, I'll put Screaming Terror in at 6 and Root at 7.

Ranger:

Flame Lick/Immolate
    Snare
    Call of Flame
    Magic DoT
    Situational, sometimes Immolate
    Situational, often Harmony
    Healing
    Root

Depends whether you've got pulling or tanking responsibilities or both or neither. I usually keep Flame Lick for snap aggro. Damage shields slot in if I'm the only source. Call of Flame is the only in-era nuke worth prepping, unless you've got some weird situation where you're out of arrows but need to pull from range. Maybe you'd slot another nuke in if you were using a slow two-hander and could cast between swings. I've never gone that route in classic. Honestly you haven't got many spells worth memorizing if you're tanking or pulling fast; there's just not enough mana regen to keep up. It's all what you'd want in an emergency.
  8. Mithra Augur

Shaman:

Malosi
    Poison dot
    Disease dot/slow
    Greater heal
    Sup heal
    Regen
    Canni/Haste
    sow/other buffs
  9. Atomos Augur

It's always been painfully obvious to me that Wizards should've gotten mezzes. :\ Even if just single target only.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

No Canni, eh?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Exactly my lineup.

The Shock is important to get in there early. Otherwise your Conjuration skill will suck and you'll burn your mana bar trying to cast your pet.
    jiri_ likes this.
  12. Mithra Augur

Oops. Yes canni.
  13. jiri_ Augur

Wizards should have gotten a series of root + short punt spells hitting magic / fire / cold with twice normal refresh times.
  14. Cainen Augur

WIzzy:

Ice nuke
    Ice Rain
    Magic Nuke
    Long Stun
    Dispell
    Evac
    Rune
    Whatever
  15. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Wiz